Brentwood Academy @ Montgomery Bell Academy

Eagles09

BA fans really shouldn't be proud of the "win" from 2003 in the regular season. But the fact that yall are says everything. MBA out classes, out coaches, and out performs BA every season. It'll be the same thing this year. BA always does the least with the most talent, so maybe they'll pull an upset with what seems to be a less talented team than MBA.

Halloween 2003 was a travesty.

I'm honored that you chose to offer us your opinion of class.

Hopefully the football team you support continues to demonstrate real class -- something you appear to be inept at measuring.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes, I know you know that CutItOut is not representative of MBA. His comments on these threads are often ridiculous. We did get robbed, though :thumb: .

I don't know what to think of this game or these two teams, for that matter. I think it will be a close, hard fought game, like it is most years. From reading some of the other threads and talking with some people close to BA, it seems that one of BA's big problems this year is offensive play calling....i.e. run off tackle or a sweep several times and then try the streek or fly pattern down the sideline and also reliance on superior athletes. ..the same thing they've been doing for years. Judging by last week's game against MUS, its not working. If that's the case, MBA figures to win. With a strong defensive effort and no turnovers, I like the Big Red 17, BA 13.

MBA was leading BA 24-21 as BA tried a field ago in the final seconds. time expired(the TSSAA later agreed) on the score board but no horn was heard. BA's kick was counted even though lineman were not set and players were still running onto the field. mba players and fans were celebrating with the apparent arrival of the big 0:00 on the scoreboard but the game went into overtime and BA "won". MBA was ranked ninth in the USA Today at that time and would have been in the top five at the end of the season had their record remained untarnished.

Can someone tell me what happened at the MBA BA game on Halloween 2003. I keep hearing about it but it's when I was a sophomore, and wasn't following either team. Why does everyone get so up in arms about it?

This had to be one of the worst officiated endings of a game in the history of the TSSAA. I have no connection to MBA, but they were cheated out of a victory. They should show the tape to indicate how a group of officials should not handle the end of a game.

MBA was leading BA 24-21 as BA tried a field ago in the final seconds. time expired(the TSSAA later agreed) on the score board but no horn was heard. BA's kick was counted even though lineman were not set and players were still running onto the field. mba players and fans were celebrating with the apparent arrival of the big 0:00 on the scoreboard but the game went into overtime and BA "won". MBA was ranked ninth in the USA Today at that time and would have been in the top five at the end of the season had their record remained untarnished.

Not true at all.

If you want to rehash this, start another thread, and, as I did back then, I will explain why you are wrong.

Very few of the guys playing this week were playing in that game. Let's let them have their own thread, shall we?

Edited by itzme

Wes, I know you know that CutItOut is not representative of MBA. His comments on these threads are often ridiculous. We did get robbed, though ;) .

I don't know what to think of this game or these two teams, for that matter. I think it will be a close, hard fought game, like it is most years. From reading some of the other threads and talking with some people close to BA, it seems that one of BA's big problems this year is offensive play calling....i.e. run off tackle or a sweep several times and then try the streek or fly pattern down the sideline and also reliance on superior athletes. ..the same thing they've been doing for years. Judging by last week's game against MUS, its not working. If that's the case, MBA figures to win. With a strong defensive effort and no turnovers, I like the Big Red 17, BA 13.

This is a tough one to call. Both teams have struggled at times, especially on offense. Having seen most of the BA games, the play calling is similar to what it usually has been; conservative game plan that relies on a solid running game. The difference this year has been that the passing game has been inconsistent at best, which allows teams to really stack the box. If BA gets a solid performance from the QB position, they have an excellent chance of winning. If not, then it will be very tough.

Should be a low scoring game.

I will be polite and say that you are mistaken. The investigation revealed the kick was made with time on the clock. There was a 2 second difference between Comcast's broadcast clock and the actual clock. The investigation said the problem was that the official hurried too much. Besides, a top "5 team in the nation" does not snap the ball over the head of the punter to set up the field goal. Furthermore, when they line up in overtime - the top 5 team in the nation wins. Things have a way of working themselves out I guess.

Edited by USA1

Besides, a top "5 team in the nation" does not snap the ball over the head of the punter to set up the field goal. Furthermore, when they line up in overtime - the top 5 team in the nation wins. Things have a way of working themselves out I guess.

That's exactly what I was thinking.