Howard vs Tyner

THS7758

Howard and Tyner,

You guys have anyone who can dunk or shoot the 3? All high school students who can do either are invited to participate in the 2005 Pre-season Dunk Fest and 3-point Shootout on October 13th. Spread the word. I know you've got some balla's down there. Check out the info on the basketball message board. Thanks

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the past few games me and other people have noticed that when the band stops playing in the third quarter the team stops but when the band starts back in the fourth tyner slowly gets going again. i also noticed that the band doesnt play while the other team has the ball they did it all last year and beleive me it helps the team when the other team cant hear the snap count and start moving backwards. i was told that the new band director thinks its not nice. who cares about nice tell him to grow up and act like a man keep the band playing all night long an the rams will start rollin again like years past. i just dont understand why a great band that gets so many compalments doesnt play all game.

hehehe...

Glad to see people noticing the band! Tynerfan99! pretty much nailed the response. I'm a big band fan and can also say that MOST bands take third quarter off. If you consider the game to be 5 quarters, the team plays 1, 2, 4, & 5 while the band plays 1, 2, 3, & 5. Talk about the entire entertainment package! As for growing up, etc, it is actually against TSSAA regulations to play while the opponent is on offense. The rule is only enforced if the opposing coach makes a complaint. With the first complaint the team gets a warning, with the second it's a penalty.

Above all, though, the bands usually respect the wishes of the coach. If Turner wants quiet, he deserves quiet.

hehehe...

Glad to see people noticing the band! Tynerfan99! pretty much nailed the response. I'm a big band fan and can also say that MOST bands take third quarter off. If you consider the game to be 5 quarters, the team plays 1, 2, 4, & 5 while the band plays 1, 2, 3, & 5. Talk about the entire entertainment package! As for growing up, etc, it is actually against TSSAA regulations to play while the opponent is on offense. The rule is only enforced if the opposing coach makes a complaint. With the first complaint the team gets a warning, with the second it's a penalty.

Above all, though, the bands usually respect the wishes of the coach. If Turner wants quiet, he deserves quiet.

Thanks, good info about the rule. I have never heard of that one. Also I totally agree with what you said about Turner asking and getting.