club ball

spikemom

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know any good club ball teams that are available after season? We have several players that would be interested but can't find out who to contact.

where do you live?

Known Clubs:

Chatt, Murf, Williamson County, Nashville (impact), Knoxville, Memphis. East TN...and more.

Does anyone know any good club ball teams that are available after season? We have several players that would be interested but can't find out who to contact.

Visit www.srva.org

This is the website for the Southern Region Volleyball Association, the governing body for this region's club teams...

Most of TN, Northern AL, East/Mid GA.

You will find club names and contacts.

But anyway, Impact should recruit, and if they don't, why don't they? I think they do in their own way - don't you? It is just not enough. You must admit that Impact can do better. Write down the best possible team for each age group and then call each player and ask them to play. That is not too difficult. It is legal. This is not college. Impact should be able to put together some competitive teams at the national level and I don't think they do. Do you?

Hi Cat. Contrary to public knowledge, there actually are some recruiting policies in USAV and SRVA. For example, a coach for another club was in our gym last week handing out flyers and talking to several of my high school players. Right in front of me I might add, as if it were no big deal, and I coach for the previously stated premier club in Nashville. It was more of a slap in the face than anything, but also as I understand it, this coach should not have been doing this without permission from the principal of the school or without an invitation from our head coach to be doing so. Her high school jv team was in the gym participating in a match, but she did not have permission to be soliciting on the property. There are other rules and regulations about that, as I'm sure ComPassion could elaborate on.

As for having success nationally, Impact has actually done pretty well in its short history. Honestly I'm not sure how many teams have qualified for nationals in the past 7-8 years, but I do know of the following:

2nd Place Gold - 2002 USAV 17U National Championships

2nd Place Gold - 2003 USAV 18U National Championships

3rd Place Gold - 2004 USAV 15U National Championships

5th Place Gold - 2004 USAV 17U National Championships

Then there are several teams who have competed at Nationals and finished anywhere from 9th to 43rd. Our 16's this past year finished 19th, but with a 6-3 record at JO's, the same record as a team that finished 5th. It just depends on when you lose sometimes.

Then we've also done pretty well in the Nat Qualifiers historically. Our teams have won the MEQ (Mid-East Qualifier-Indy) in the 16's, 17's, and 18's divisions at least 4 times that I can think of, the NEQ (NorthEast Qualifier - Baltimore) twice I think, and had a couple of runner-ups and a number of top 10 finishes.

Regionally we do pretty well in all age divisions usually. I think we had three teams qualify for Nationals this year in Salt Lake City, and we had four teams qualify in 2004. Our top travel teams always play Open in the Louisville, Indy, Muncie and Regional tournaments, except for the National Qualifiers where we are fighting for a bid and a good seed at Nationals. There we usually play in the Club division like most teams in our young region, although we have played Open before in a qualifier too (Minneapolis Northen Lights 15U Open 2004).

Fact is, there could always be MORE success. But generally speaking, you'd have to drive to Louisville or Huntsville to find a comparable or more successful club in the past few years. We have had players commute from as far away as Knoxville, and have several players drive down from KY every year. So I'd say we are doing pretty well considering. If you know of any potential athletes with skills to help our club, we'd love to hear from them. Send us a message to impactvbc@mindspring.com or visit our website for more information. Good luck on the remainder of your season!

Hi Cat. Contrary to public knowledge, there actually are some recruiting policies in USAV and SRVA. For example, a coach for another club was in our gym last week handing out flyers and talking to several of my high school players. Right in front of me I might add, as if it were no big deal, and I coach for the previously stated premier club in Nashville. It was more of a slap in the face than anything, but also as I understand it, this coach should not have been doing this without permission from the principal of the school or without an invitation from our head coach to be doing so. Her high school jv team was in the gym participating in a match, but she did not have permission to be soliciting on the property. There are other rules and regulations about that, as I'm sure ComPassion could elaborate on.

As for having success nationally, Impact has actually done pretty well in its short history. Honestly I'm not sure how many teams have qualified for nationals in the past 7-8 years, but I do know of the following:

2nd Place Gold - 2002 USAV 17U National Championships

2nd Place Gold - 2003 USAV 18U National Championships

3rd Place Gold - 2004 USAV 15U National Championships

5th Place Gold - 2004 USAV 17U National Championships

Then there are several teams who have competed at Nationals and finished anywhere from 9th to 43rd. Our 16's this past year finished 19th, but with a 6-3 record at JO's, the same record as a team that finished 5th. It just depends on when you lose sometimes.

Then we've also done pretty well in the Nat Qualifiers historically. Our teams have won the MEQ (Mid-East Qualifier-Indy) in the 16's, 17's, and 18's divisions at least 4 times that I can think of, the NEQ (NorthEast Qualifier - Baltimore) twice I think, and had a couple of runner-ups and a number of top 10 finishes.

Regionally we do pretty well in all age divisions usually. I think we had three teams qualify for Nationals this year in Salt Lake City, and we had four teams qualify in 2004. Our top travel teams always play Open in the Louisville, Indy, Muncie and Regional tournaments, except for the National Qualifiers where we are fighting for a bid and a good seed at Nationals. There we usually play in the Club division like most teams in our young region, although we have played Open before in a qualifier too (Minneapolis Northen Lights 15U Open 2004).

Fact is, there could always be MORE success. But generally speaking, you'd have to drive to Louisville or Huntsville to find a comparable or more successful club in the past few years. We have had players commute from as far away as Knoxville, and have several players drive down from KY every year. So I'd say we are doing pretty well considering. If you know of any potential athletes with skills to help our club, we'd love to hear from them. Send us a message to impactvbc@mindspring.com or visit our website for more information. Good luck on the remainder of your season!

Well said Ivolly. I'm probably a little disappointed but hats off for handling the way you did!!

Since several who are posting appear to be affiliated with Impact, I have a couple of curiosity questions. First, how many 18 year olds are expeted to try out? i know this number probably varies year to year, but on average or a guesstimation would suffice. Second, how many of those trying out will make the team/teams? And finally, how does Impact's club season interfere with high school basketball season?

Since several who are posting appear to be affiliated with Impact, I have a couple of curiosity questions. First, how many 18 year olds are expeted to try out? i know this number probably varies year to year, but on average or a guesstimation would suffice. Second, how many of those trying out will make the team/teams? And finally, how does Impact's club season interfere with high school basketball season?

I am not affiliated with Impact other than to have a couple of daughters who play/played so this is just my experience...

There are fewer 18s to try out than in other age groups. Most will try out because they have decided that they want to play in college. Others will try out because they've always played club ball.

My understanding has been (at least with Impact) that every girl who tries out is put on a team.

Impact has many HS basketball players. I guess how much it interferes depends on your school and coach. Some schools are adamantly opposed to their bb players playing vb, others are more flexible and willing to work with the player. That said, a lot of our older players will play bb on Friday night and then drive to another city for a Saturday morning vb tournament, often arriving late Friday night.

Good luck to you and I hope to see you play!

• 3 weeks later...

On average, Impact will have two 18 teams. Not sure if that will be the case this year since Williamson County Select will be in it's second year and will probably continue to grow, which means other clubs will be diluted. I would encourage you to try out at all of the clubs if you wish to get a good idea of the competition and if location matters to you. All of the girls that try out will make the team just depends on if you will be placed on the 1 team or the 2 team. Basketball always seems to be a factor but it can be worked around with most teams. If you know Taylor Parrish from Harpeth Hall, she plays both and has done so for years.

Announcements