Carter Co

pujo

Not trying to start trouble or bash any team. I think its fairly close between 4 teams. According to ALL the polls, Cloudland is about a 7 pt favorite over Hampton. Happy Valley favored over Hampton by 3. My honest opinion is they better have those computers worked on. I honestly think Hampton is the best.

So who is the best and what makes them so. Please try to be civil and be rational. I,d like to know peoples thoughts without this thread being shut down.

Edited by pujo

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is close between 4 teams. You have Elizabethton who is kinda down this year. I think they are actually not as good as the three smaller county schools this year. We will find out when they play Sullivan East.

You have Happy Valley who has a solid passing game and has proven they could play with anyone, but Cloudland has been tested against passing opponents and have proven they can shut down the pass.

You have Hampton who on the field have the biggest offensive line, but yet they are unproven. They failed the test against Johnson Co. who took overtime to beat Sullivan East-who lost by 2 TDs to the Landers opening week. Cloudland was not playing their best ball by far.

Then you have the best of the best. The Cloudland Highlanders. Trying to run on the Landers is like trying to run into a brick wall. You go no where. I don't believe that Hampton can run the ball on Cloudland. Pottor and Townsend will combine for about 150 yards. Likewise on the other side of the ball, I feel the Landers will have trouble running the ball as well. I feel the difference will be with the quarterbacks. Hampton's quarterback is young and he will make enough mistakes to cost the dogs a little bit. I see Cloudland edging Hampton 22-18. Therefore, the daddy of the county is the Cloudland Highlanders.

It doesn't matter who is "Daddy" unless you make it through play-offs.

I disagree with that statement, only one team in each class is going to win the state. I think Hampton has the best shot at going deep into the playoffs, might even win it all.

My reason for thinking Hampton is the best is, best coaching staff, best line,best break away runner,good tall receivers who can catch, solid kicking game, best blocking fullback who is also a great runner. I think some teams are stronger at some things for example, Happy valleys passing game. But when you look at all areas,Hampton looks the best to me. They also have some depth at every position.

Edited by pujo

The Warriors have a probable 2000 yards-plus quarterback, three very good wideouts, a quality tight end and their running game is good enough to keep defenses honest.

The Bulldogs have been unable to play their starters a whole game since the loss to Johnson County. And though Hampton's Coaches imply otherwise, it's always much preferrable having the starters rest, than getting them injured while playing, and losing to Knox-Catholic and Gatlinburg Pittman.

The Happy Valley vs. JCHS vs. Hampton scores indicate a near-even match between the Bulldogs and Warriors.

Hampton is probably even better than we've seen. But the Warriors will bring their whole box-eight to attempt to force the rookie quarterback into a passing battle; a game they feel sure to win. But it's hard to get J C Campbell to play Your game.

Meanwhile, Cloudland is building confidence. Whether they match the talent level of the Byrd era is not important here. They certainly match the Carter County level, and that to include the Cyclones.