Real White House Football Fans

advocate23

Those of you that attend White House football games to sit on your hands and criticize the coaches are football fans.

Those who criticize the play of the team are football fans.

Those who refuse to make any noise whatsover, even on a 4th down defensive stop inside the ten yard line are football fans.

YOU ARE NOT HOWEVER, WHITE HOUSE FOOTBALL FANS ! ! ! ! ! !

I am a White House football fan.

--I stand the entire time to show support for players who also stand the whole game through.

--I cheer as loudly as I can at ALL times, regardless of the down situation.

--I arrive early and never leave early--in fact:

--I haven't left before the final horn since a 1980 game against Beech, regardless of the score.

--I actually know what the letters BDP stand for.

--I never criticize the players, coaches, play-calling, or player selection to anyone who wants to bend an ear.

I THINK IT'S HIGH TIME THAT THE TRUE WHITE HOUSE FANS MAKE THEMSELVES HEARD---AS FOR THE REST OF YOU---IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD AND A COACHING STAFF THAT HAS WON 170 GAMES IN THE PAST 18 YEARS---GO TO SOME OF THESE OTHER PROGRAMS WHERE THE FANS CAN GET EXCITED BECAUSE THEY'VE JUST FINISHED THE SEASON WITH 2 WINS ! ! ! !

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you that attend White House football games to sit on your hands and criticize the coaches are football fans.

Those who refuse to make any noise whatsover, even on a 4th down defensive stop inside the ten yard line are football fans.

--I stand the entire time to show support for players who also stand the whole game through.

--I haven't left before the final horn since a 1980 game against Beech, regardless of the score.

--I never criticize the players, coaches, play-calling, or player selection to anyone who wants to bend an ear.

I THINK IT'S HIGH TIME THAT THE TRUE WHITE HOUSE FANS MAKE THEMSELVES HEARD---AS FOR THE REST OF YOU---IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD AND A COACHING STAFF THAT HAS WON 170 GAMES IN THE PAST 18 YEARS---GO TO SOME OF THESE OTHER PROGRAMS WHERE THE FANS CAN GET EXCITED BECAUSE THEY'VE JUST FINISHED THE SEASON WITH 2 WINS ! ! ! !

Outstanding post! Love the Beech reference :thumb:

Don't be too hard on em' Advocate. You have to remember that, if not most, MANY of these people that come to the White House are transplants. They weren't raised with the spirit that is instilled in most White House fans. They haven't sat through losing games like the ones "oldtimers" have seen in the past and the White House fans now take winning for granted and have let their BDP become complacent. The newer people here may come to the games to watch their kids play or because it's the place to be in White House on a Friday night. They don't want to stand and scream because it draws attention to themselves, and just like a shy kid, they don't want to stick out. The older people here sometimes don't even have kids playing anymore, but come because it's the local gathering or social event of sorts. The spirit of BDP can't be bought at the concession stand cause it's more than a pom-pom or a bleach bottle. Sometimes you can't even train someone to have it in the stands, it's just instilled....and it NEVER goes away. I know a friend that went all through WH schools and graduated with me from WHHS, and has kids that attend a school we play and win against EVERY year. She's my age and goes to every game cheering for players that are just her kids' FRIENDS. I don't think her kids have ever played. She just loves rooting for the school teams. I've seen her at the games when we play them, and she cheers, claps and yells for their team, just like she did when she went to school here at WHHS. I saw her one day and talked to her and she was hoarse. I asked her what happened to her voice, and she just laughed and said "somewhere deep inside, my BDP keeps coming out, it's just a different color". That's what I call spirit. Some people just never REALLY get it, and some people NEVER lose it.

Edited by WHHS1975

Don't be too hard on em' Advocate. You have to remember that, if not most, MANY of these people that come to the White House are transplants. They weren't raised with the spirit that is instilled in most White House fans. They haven't sat through losing games like the ones "oldtimers" have seen in the past and the White House fans now take winning for granted and have let their BDP become complacent. The newer people here may come to the games to watch their kids play or because it's the place to be in White House on a Friday night. They don't want to stand and scream because it draws attention to themselves, and just like a shy kid, they don't want to stick out. The older people here sometimes don't even have kids playing anymore, but come because it's the local gathering or social event of sorts. The spirit of BDP can't be bought at the concession stand cause it's more than a pom-pom or a bleach bottle. Sometimes you can't even train someone to have it in the stands, it's just instilled....and it NEVER goes away. I know a friend that went all through WH schools and graduated with me from WHHS, and has kids that attend a school we play and win against EVERY year. She's my age and goes to every game cheering for players that are just her kids' FRIENDS. I don't think her kids have ever played. She just loves rooting for the school teams. I've seen her at the games when we play them, and she cheers, claps and yells for their team, just like she did when she went to school here at WHHS. I saw her one day and talked to her and she was hoarse. I asked her what happened to her voice, and she just laughed and said "somewhere deep inside, my BDP keeps coming out, it's just a different color". That's what I call spirit. Some people just never REALLY get it, and some people NEVER lose it.

JUST LIKE THE REST. WHEN YOU WIN ITS GREAT AND WHEN YOU LOSE MOST PEOPLE JUMP OFF THE BOAT. SO GET OFF TITANBUCK. YOU YOURSELF MUST NOT KNOW TO MUCH ABOUT SPORTS. THATS JUST HOW FANS ACT.

What brought this on. Are we missing something?

It's the same everywhere, winning = fans and loosing = critics.

I have to laugh when I see a bunch of spectators standing around "solving the teams problems" but when the coach appears, everything is grand - "things just didn't work out".

Those tried and true fans will always be. Others can stay at home.

great post advocate....

most people accross the state do not know about BDP.....over in west tennessee (dyersburg), some of us are planting the seeds of a BDP type program.....

coach newsome and his wife (who is now an assistant at dyersburg) told me all about BDP....

for the last year, i have been laying the groundwork for a similar program for dyersburg ......

your post about your expected conduct, is an excellent "pledge" for members......

keep up the good work advocate.......win or loose, you should like a true fan....

great post advocate....

most people accross the state do not know about BDP.....over in west tennessee (dyersburg), some of us are planting the seeds of a BDP type program.....

coach newsome and his wife (who is now an assistant at dyersburg) told me all about BDP....

for the last year, i have been laying the groundwork for a similar program for dyersburg ......

your post about your expected conduct, is an excellent "pledge" for members......

keep up the good work advocate.......win or loose, you should like a true fan....

MG,

You are in Dyersburg? I am a former BlueDevil and live in McKenzie now.

C

There are several of these I would like to answer but that would take a while.

I am a former Blue Devil. Class of 90. Did not play football my senior year (something I regret everyday of my life) but did play the first 3. And I played baseball all 4 years.

BDP is something that is forever. Blue Devil Pride for those of you who dont know what it stands for. There is no other program in the state of Tennessee, the South or for that fact in this country that can compare to White House. I am not talking wins / losses. I am talking about the life lessons you learn. You learn how to work hard, you learn how to be part of a family, you learn how to win and how to accept defeat. To sum it up : You learn how to "Be the best people, players possible"!!

I live in W Tennessee now and am surrounded by some great programs. McKenzie, the town I live in, loves there football Fridays. Huntingdon, class 2A power, has a tradition of winning that is awesome. Milan, USJ, Union City......the list goes on. But out of all of these programs, none of them have what we have in that little town (which isn't so small anymore) just off of I-65 and that is BDP!!!1

I have not been back home to a home game in sometime and I think about it every Friday night. Although I use to teach and coach at McKenzie and my kids now go there, I will always not matter what be a Blue Devil. I would love to travel back in time and re-live those days again.

Forever BDP in West Tennessee

Craig

Class of 90