Smyrna takes on Riverdale

Fball

very simple why smyrna lost

second half

3 turnovers - 3 tds in the first 3 to 5 minutes you don't beat rdale doing that

it was not the usual rdale running it down smyrnas throat and smyrna not being able move the ball.

Smyrna killed themselves and riverdale took advantage.

can't wait to come back in a few weks if things work out like the look now, if we go to lc and win we will get the chance to play again.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing! I am so sick and tired of either blatant accusations of recruitment or just a hint here or there. There is simply NOT a team in the state - or even the nation - that doesn't want to be where Riverdale is.

Maybe in the state, but don't push your luck on that whole nation thing. The old Dale has a long long way to go to become a national power to draw people. Georgia, Alabama, Florida and Texas have quite a bit better teams than the old Dale. But in Tennessee, yeah, they are pretty good.

P.S. This is not a dis on TN football. We have good ball here.

Amazing! I am so sick and tired of either blatant accusations of recruitment or just a hint here or there. There is simply NOT a team in the state - or even the nation - that doesn't want to be where Riverdale is.

Maybe in the state, but don't push your luck on that whole nation thing. The old Dale has a long long way to go to become a national power to draw people. Georgia, Alabama, Florida and Texas have quite a bit better teams than the old Dale. But in Tennessee, yeah, they are pretty good.

Where Riverdale is: Ranked #1 in their state, ranked as high as 17th in the nation, riding a 23 game winning streak, riding a 68 game region winning streak, defending state champions, and been to the state championship game five straight years. I would agree with 'Cardinal that most teams in the nation would like to be enjoying that kind of success.

What is your standard of success?

Where Riverdale is: Ranked #1 in their state, ranked as high as 17th in the nation, riding a 23 game winning streak, riding a 68 game region winning streak, defending state champions, and been to the state championship game five straight years. I would agree with 'Cardinal that most teams in the nation would like to be enjoying that kind of success.

Honestly I think if you are nationally ranked, that you fit into that "national power" thing. isn't that what the national rankings mean?

i guess riverdale has to go play a top ten nationally ranked team to be good. B)

Like I said, this was not a dis on anyone. I loved it when Riverdal beat Kilbourne. I would like to see a match up with Riverdale and a Byrnes of South Carolina, or Hoover of Alabama or some of those other teams that are big big names and I would love to see Riverdale beat them. It would gie Tennessee ball some more respect.

Like I said, this was not a dis on anyone. I loved it when Riverdal beat Kilbourne. I would like to see a match up with Riverdale and a Byrnes of South Carolina, or Hoover of Alabama or some of those other teams that are big big names and I would love to see Riverdale beat them. It would gie Tennessee ball some more respect.

I totally agree...................Hoover and/or Byrnes would bring it to 802 Warrior Drive.

You're right. There is good football in other states, but I didn't state that all teams wanted to be Riverdale. But that they would love to be where Riverdale is at. Since there is no real national championship in high school ball (which by the way is fine with me since they "big wigs" can't even get the BCS right in collegiate ball), I would imagine of the thousands of high school teams in the US that a few of them would give their right eye to have Riverdale's record, Riverdale's coaches, and Riverdale's heart for football.