Oak Ridge vs Soddy-Daisy

OR632003' -Since your # implies you fought in the trenches, you must be a young man who has a good head on his shoulders.

IYO-Why does OR dominate FHS in Football?

IMO Farragut is not a football School they are a wrestling,soccer,and baseball school. Oak Ridge is a Football School and they have 8 state titles to back it up.That and the fact that Farragut hardly beats us in football as they havent beaten us in over a decade plus years

Edited by OR632003

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definatly do not see Dobbs quitting just because he is not that kind of person. Dobbs is not only a Football and baseball player but he also is a good basketball player as well. Injuries have played a huge role against soddy this year with the loss of Justin Hard - all region linebacker and a good foolback, and Nick Shadrick - tight end who did a great job last year as well.

Not as dominate this year? i guess that is why they are undefeated in the region up till this point huh cooter?.i remember my senior year (2003) when we went down to SD and the announcers tried to hurry up and get us off the field in the pre game warmups just so SD could have its senior night celebration.

by the way OR wins big in this one 49-10

Well that's good you remember 2003. Do you remember 2001 and 2002?

Rigger,

When Sparks and Lussier were at FHS they gave ORHS a fit. I remember Emory used to count that as our biggest rivalry and it was always a toss-up. After those times I think the focus on FHS football diminished with the advent of soccer. I think FHS being a new school back when soccer was vogue put pressure on the admin. to win other sports that affected more kids. Since ORHS had been a power in football since the 50's and 60's and many Old Cats still lived in OR they didn't lrt that happen with ORHS football. If you look back in the 80's the soccer team at OR didn't even get to use The Ship but a couple of times before they were exiled to the high school field. Anyway, I think OR was fortunate to have had some great coaching staffs and a community that "expects" to win every game. When kids walk down those steps "They expect to Win," and attitude is about 90% of a great tradition.

Ole Dad

OR632003' -Since your # implies you fought in the trenches, you must be a young man who has a good head on his shoulders.

IYO-Why does OR dominate FHS in Football?

Rigger,

When Sparks and Lussier were at FHS they gave ORHS a fit. I remember Emory used to count that as our biggest rivalry and it was always a toss-up. After those times I think the focus on FHS football diminished with the advent of soccer. I think FHS being a new school back when soccer was vogue put pressure on the admin. to win other sports that affected more kids. Since ORHS had been a power in football since the 50's and 60's and many Old Cats still lived in OR they didn't lrt that happen with ORHS football. If you look back in the 80's the soccer team at OR didn't even get to use The Ship but a couple of times before they were exiled to the high school field. Anyway, I think OR was fortunate to have had some great coaching staffs and a community that "expects" to win every game. When kids walk down those steps "They expect to Win," and attitude is about 90% of a great tradition.

Ole Dad

Obvious your a expert on east tn football. Good luck ORHS.

Rigger,

Thanks for your post, just my thoughts...may or may not be correct.

Ole Dad

IMO-U have some good points. I've been told since we moved to Farragut in 2000 that the Admin folks at the top could care less if FHS had a great football program. With a new Principle and the head coach having health issues things may change.