Oak Ridge vs Soddy-Daisy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello?

We have a 1st year coach as well. Based on that assumption every new coach wouldn't have a chance. Maybe you should have that conversation with Urban Meyer. ORHS is good but if anyone thinks they are unbeatable...well......we better keep focused. I think OR has a better team than Soddy and will win but we better stop being so cocky. We have a ton of tough games left to play and going forward from now on they will all be tough. Roll Cats Roll!

Ole Dad

I'm just saying that our defense is too good to lose to a guy in his first year of football. Soddy is tough at home and we will have to play well. I believe OR will win. JMO

Rigger,

When Sparks and Lussier were at FHS they gave ORHS a fit. I remember Emory used to count that as our biggest rivalry and it was always a toss-up. After those times I think the focus on FHS football diminished with the advent of soccer. I think FHS being a new school back when soccer was vogue put pressure on the admin. to win other sports that affected more kids. Since ORHS had been a power in football since the 50's and 60's and many Old Cats still lived in OR they didn't lrt that happen with ORHS football. If you look back in the 80's the soccer team at OR didn't even get to use The Ship but a couple of times before they were exiled to the high school field. Anyway, I think OR was fortunate to have had some great coaching staffs and a community that "expects" to win every game. When kids walk down those steps "They expect to Win," and attitude is about 90% of a great tradition.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad,

If you remember how tough Farragut played Oak Ridge while coach Hale was here, you probably remember how Knox Central was always a thorn in our side, the Farragut game and Central game was usually a nail biter, I'll always remember the Central game OR had the word Revenge on the helmets, That game still makes me sick to my stomach.

Oh man..The revenge game... How bad was that?

If we stay focused we could have a great year this year.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad,

If you remember how tough Farragut played Oak Ridge while coach Hale was here, you probably remember how Knox Central was always a thorn in our side, the Farragut game and Central game was usually a nail biter, I'll always remember the Central game OR had the word Revenge on the helmets, That game still makes me sick to my stomach.

Hello?

We have a 1st year coach as well. Based on that assumption every new coach wouldn't have a chance. Maybe you should have that conversation with Urban Meyer. ORHS is good but if anyone thinks they are unbeatable...well......we better keep focused. I think OR has a better team than Soddy and will win but we better stop being so cocky. We have a ton of tough games left to play and going forward from now on they will all be tough. Roll Cats Roll!

Ole Dad

I totally agree, the next game, whoever it is, IS always the most important because if you don't stay focused on them and look ahead you are going to be roadkill. OR needs to stick to their game plan, ONE GAME AT A TIME. :thumb:

Kat,

My point is that Soddy, and the rest of the teams we will play this season, are all capable of beating us. As for their qb, hasn't he started the same number of varsity games as our qb? The kid is a starter in baseball and basketball and a great athlete. All I can say is we need to stay focused and don't overlook anybody or we will not need hotel rooms on December 3rd. Hope to see you there.

Ole Dad

Ole dad, Stanton is not in his first year of coaching. As you know, he has won a state championship. I'm not trying to be "cocky". It's just my opinion that Oak Ridge is the better team and will win the game. I don't think a first year qb can beat us. If this makes me "cocky", so be it.

OR wins big 49-0 too many weapons for Soddy to handle. plus i think that it is a ripe time for Spencer Gulmire or Leonard Blair to return a kickoff for a touchdown.

Roll Cats Roll

OR632003...Your HS football career was over 3 years ago. you need to get your own life and stop living yours through HS football. now i dont no if dobbs will be back this week or not but soddy daisy is going to stand behind their quarterback no matter who it is this week. i'll admit that gulmire and blair have been dominant so far this season, but they also havent played SD. we'll just see how they do fri. nite and see if th're overrated or not. until then you can quit talking smack b/c you have no idea what the outcome will be.