Region 5-2A Prediction

divepix

The thing that everyone is forgetting is that East Robertson still has 2 of the most outstanding rushers as well has a bowlingball for a full back. You have to pick your poison against East. I haven't seen a team successfully shut down both sides of an offense yet! If you shut down the pass, expect to get a healthy dose of Hudson, Cervantes, and Andrews. If you shut down the run, You still won't stop Andrews from running, and you definitely better be ready for a shoot-out! I predict that East will go to the playoffs in at least the #2 spot, if not the # 1 Spot! But my other prediction is: don't be surprised when each of the 4, Region 5 teams win in the 1st round of the playoffs. This region is that tough!!!

Don't forget the House of Payne is back. Desmond.

This is both exciting and nerve wrecking to have to wait until week 10 before you know if you are going to the playoffs. I know Smith County wrapped up 1 in region 4 this past Friday and most of our teams have a chance not to even make the playoffs.

On a side note, we visited FRA this past Friday night, wanted to say what a nice field, view and school you have.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all comes down to the next 2 Friday nights. any team that loses both is out! East Robertson and Ezel both need 1 win. CPA and DCA both need to win out to be sure they make the playoffs. This could be very difficult being that CPA still has East and Goodpasture and DCA has Ezel and East. Good luck to all!

It all comes down to the next 2 Friday nights. any team that loses both is out! East Robertson and Ezel both need 1 win. CPA and DCA both need to win out to be sure they make the playoffs. This could be very difficult being that CPA still has East and Goodpasture and DCA has Ezel and East. Good luck to all!

CPA only need one win to make the playoffs as they already beat DCA. Ezell and DCA have both lost 2 games in the region. If CPA wins one, they would win out over DCA.

CPA only need one win to make the playoffs as they already beat DCA. Ezell and DCA have both lost 2 games in the region. If CPA wins one, they would win out over DCA.

You are correct, My calculations werer off! DCA has to win both remaining games to get in playoffs. Ezel needs to beat DCA. If they beat DCA they are in! If they lose to DCA they will need help to get in because they will beat FRA.

Guest catfish-hunter

Goodpasture will win out and win the region title. Ezell will beat DCA at home this week and wrap up the #2 spot in the region. CPA will finish at #3 in the region with a win at ER this week. The 4th spot will be decided in week ten when East Robertson travels to DCA. I like the Wildcats to win at home in that one. DCA will be #4 and East will be on the outside looking in.

Goodpasture will host Richland

Ezell-Harding will host Lewis Co.

CPA will travel to Riverside

DCA will travel to Camden: this would be the best of all the games

It should be noted that 6-4 East Robertson as well as 6-4 Fairview will both be qualified to play in a postseason bowl game. Both of those teams in my opinion would certainly finish in the top two in Region 6-2A and host a first round game but in Region 5-2A they are in a position they may find themselves in for a while now. That being a couple of quality winning programs that just can't get past the powerful private schools B)

Goodpasture will win out and win the region title. Ezell will beat DCA at home this week and wrap up the #2 spot in the region. CPA will finish at #3 in the region with a win at ER this week. The 4th spot will be decided in week ten when East Robertson travels to DCA. I like the Wildcats to win at home in that one. DCA will be #4 and East will be on the outside looking in.

Goodpasture will host Richland

Ezell-Harding will host Lewis Co.

CPA will travel to Riverside

DCA will travel to Camden: this would be the best of all the games

It should be noted that 6-4 East Robertson as well as 6-4 Fairview will both be qualified to play in a postseason bowl game. Both of those teams in my opinion would certainly finish in the top two in Region 6-2A and host a first round game but in Region 5-2A they are in a position they may find themselves in for a while now. That being a couple of quality winning programs that just can't get past the powerful private schools ;)

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I am beting that East will win 1 out of 2 to be in the playoffs! They have been underestimated all season long!

The thing that everyone is forgetting is that East Robertson still has 2 of the most outstanding rushers as well has a bowlingball for a full back. You have to pick your poison against East. I haven't seen a team successfully shut down both sides of an offense yet! If you shut down the pass, expect to get a healthy dose of Hudson, Cervantes, and Andrews. If you shut down the run, You still won't stop Andrews from running, and you definitely better be ready for a shoot-out! I predict that East will go to the playoffs in at least the #2 spot, if not the # 1 Spot! But my other prediction is: don't be surprised when each of the 4, Region 5 teams win in the 1st round of the playoffs. This region is that tough!!!

I would not count out the teams from 6-2a. I do not think that it will be as easy as you think. Good luck the rest of the season. Stay healthy! See you at the playoffs! ;)