Golden Tate or JP2, Which is harder to stop

irishballer87

thanks for someone actually agreein....its just somethin that people from father ryan can't see cause they r mad bout golden choosin jp2 instead of ryan...it would be a whole diff. argument if he went to ryan..they would be sayin he is the best right now..do u think he will be the top prospect from tn next year...i do cause of the schools that r already lookin at him and i know the list is just gonna get bigger..

I agree also, Tate is a great player on a good team. I am tired of the Bashing He gets and the team gets.

You dont see anybody bashing Miller, Rickway or Ingram. I posted all their Points and Their Teams total Points and percentage. Looks Like other Midstate teams have scoring stars also. I dont see anyone asking wich of these teams or players is harder to stop.

Golden Tate Pope John Paul II..............122/260 47%

Gaston Miller Riverdale....................... 120/245 49%

Jeremy Rickaway Friendship.................114/259 44%

Markease Ingram Columbia Acad......... 108/256 42%

These Programs have Good Coaches, Good Orginizations and consistantly win games and do well in the playoffs. I dont think you will see Riverdale, Friendship or Columbia Acad falling out of the picture in the next few years So don't expect Pope to fade away just because Tate moves on.

Good Coaches+Good Orginizations+Good Players= Consistant Winning Programs

Dhack

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree also, Tate is a great player on a good team. I am tired of the Bashing He gets and the team gets.

You dont see anybody bashing Miller, Rickway or Ingram. I posted all their Points and Their Teams total Points and percentage. Looks Like other Midstate teams have scoring stars also. I dont see anyone asking wich of these teams or players is harder to stop.

Golden Tate Pope John Paul II..............122/260 47%

Gaston Miller Riverdale....................... 120/245 49%

Jeremy Rickaway Friendship.................114/259 44%

Markease Ingram Columbia Acad......... 108/256 42%

These Programs have Good Coaches, Good Orginizations and consistantly win games and do well in the playoffs. I dont think you will see Riverdale, Friendship or Columbia Acad falling out of the picture in the next few years So don't expect Pope to fade away just because Tate moves on.

Good Coaches+Good Orginizations+Good Players= Consistant Winning Programs

Dhack

great point...and dont u go to father ryan?

That is great, who gives a freakin rip about Davidson Academy. I thought this was about jp2/tate...start a new thread about your hero #25. Since we are on the Davidson Academy subject, I watch St. Joseph against Davidson 7/8. Saint Joe was the winner, does not speak well for the future.

Greg u dont have a clue. St joesph 7/8 has a fine team this year. Caoch Wigger did a great job. They have a good athlete at qb, tailback and some lineman. I watched the game also. I believe it was a battle till the 4 quarter. final SJS 20, DA 18? It was a great game. if you will read my previous posts, you will see a child that does not play for st joseph but attends school there is suppose to attend JP2, his brother is 25 on varsity for DA. That is all and the note was not to you. If you are a st joesph parent then I am not shocked. It has been along time since st joseph won anything except cheerleading competition. Oh and by the way, it is a shame that a 6/7 grade (11/12 y.o.) youth organization tied you in preseason when st joseph had 12/13 and 3-14 y.o. players. dont talk about future and 25's bother is one that did it to you.

DII

Greg u dont have a clue. St joesph 7/8 has a fine team this year. Caoch Wigger did a great job. They have a good athlete at qb, tailback and some lineman. I watched the game also. I believe it was a battle till the 4 quarter. final SJS 20, DA 18? It was a great game. if you will read my previous posts, you will see a child that does not play for st joseph but attends school there is suppose to attend JP2, his brother is 25 on varsity for DA. That is all and the note was not to you. If you are a st joesph parent then I am not shocked. It has been along time since st joseph won anything except cheerleading competition. Oh and by the way, it is a shame that a 6/7 grade (11/12 y.o.) youth organization tied you in preseason when st joseph had 12/13 and 3-14 y.o. players. dont talk about future and 25's bother is one that did it to you.

DII

D2 I guess we both do not have a clue. I need about another 15 years before I think of parenting. As far as #25 and the brother, I have no idea what you a talking about. The post was about jp2/tate and I pointed out that this was not the subject of the post. My comment on the future was directed toward DA, not the other school based on the outcome of a 7/8 grade game. As far as your last comment about the future and a brother is a strange thing to say.I guess you have your reasons.

thanks for someone actually agreein....its just somethin that people from father ryan can't see cause they r mad bout golden choosin jp2 instead of ryan...it would be a whole diff. argument if he went to ryan..they would be sayin he is the best right now..do u think he will be the top prospect from tn next year...i do cause of the schools that r already lookin at him and i know the list is just gonna get bigger..

Tate is not getting his chance to play big teams. Though he beat us down ( more like the Sneed kid, he is a very good player) he struggles against tough teams like MBA and ECS, Knox Webb. The teams he has done well against are teams that do not offer enough difficulty. Sure he beat Ryan, but that is when we were at the bottom of the pit. If Tate does well against MBA next year, rushing 90+ against their first string (not JV teams that happened late in the 4th quarter), then I will agree with the Pope fans that yes, he is one of the best players in TN. Until then, the teams he plays are far from his talent and Golden needs a challenge. Try D2-AAA on for size. I think Tate would do well in there, but not be as good as he is now.

Edited by Father Ryan Wrestling

Tate is not getting his chance to play big teams. Though he beat us down ( more like the Sneed kid, he is a very good player) he struggles against tough teams like MBA and ECS, Knox Webb. The teams he has done well against are teams that do not offer enough difficulty. Sure he beat Ryan, but that is when we were at the bottom of the pit. If Tate does well against MBA next year, rushing 90+ against their first string (not JV teams that happened late in the 4th quarter), then I will agree with the Pope fans that yes, he is one of the best players in TN. Until then, the teams he plays are far from his talent and Golden needs a challenge. Try D2-AAA on for size. I think Tate would do well in there, but not be as good as he is now.

ecs and webb did not shut him down.....i dont know what u consider a good night for tate...i guess he has to put up some major numbers to not be considered shut down...

frw, just accept the fact that he is the best player in the mid-state or state and quit arguin...even a guy from knoxville said he was the best he has seen even better then BRANDON WARREN a fsu commitment and 3rd best athlete in the NATION and #1 prospect from tn...so just quit arguein bout it...only u and people from ryan are sayin he is not the best...i know u keep sayin he is a good athlete but just give him credit that he is the best...

Edited by popefan 21

When will JP2 move up to DII-AAA. If Tate is still there when they make this move he is in for a rude awakening. He will be playing great teams like MUS, CBHS, BA and MBA every week. He won't be able to dominate like he does vs. goodpasture and bishop byrne or whoever is in his division. He will be introduced to real football with D1 athletes all over the field.

When will JP2 move up to DII-AAA. If Tate is still there when they make this move he is in for a rude awakening. He will be playing great teams like MUS, CBHS, BA and MBA every week. He won't be able to dominate like he does vs. goodpasture and bishop byrne or whoever is in his division. He will be introduced to real football with D1 athletes all over the field.

I think you make a good point, but Jerry Rice played for Mississippi Valley State. I am not comparing Tate to Rice, but just look at an NFL roster and notice all the small schools that are represented. D1 athelets all over the field, I will take exception to this comment. I do beleive that DII-AAA is much tougher, but to paint a portrait that places D1 football players from tennessee overpopulating this landscape is one of two things: snake oil or rose colored glasses. I do agree with you, but D1 football players all over the field... you are kidding yourself.

frw, just accept the fact that he is the best player in the mid-state or state and quit arguin...even a guy from knoxville said he was the best he has seen even better then BRANDON WARREN a fsu commitment and 3rd best athlete in the NATION and #1 prospect from tn...so just quit arguein bout it...only u and people from ryan are sayin he is not the best...i know u keep sayin he is a good athlete but just give him credit that he is the best...

Nice!!! Give Golden his due!!! He is a good athlete. No matter what the future holds.

DII