Notre Dame At Grundy Co.

DelTavian

If the Grundy Co. team that has played the last two weeks would have played all season the Yellow Jackets would be 5-2 or better. This team can play with and beat anyone.

I realize the Irish are a very good team. I won't take anything away from them and I'm sure they will come to the Mountain ready to play. But Grundy is at their best at the moment.

I think this could be a heck of a game.

DL.

Edited by DelTavian

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not downing Grundy in any way because they gave us a good game, but Grundy just doesn't have enough speed to compete with ND. It's not a question of talent so much as it is speed. Notre Dames tailback is extremely fast and runs the ball hard when he's in a crowd. They rotate senior QB's who are both pretty good.

Where ND has the decisive advantage is on defense. Their defensive line is the best that I have seen in a long time at this level of high school football.

If he holds true to form, their coach wont call off the dogs if they get a lead. He'll play most of his starters right up to the final horn. He knows that this year is all he's got so he is making the most of it.

I hope Grundy beats them by 50 because I dislike everything about them: their colors, their field, their stands, their PA announcer (definitely most irritating in high school) and their stupid fight song. But, I don't think it will happen.

Good luck Jackets.

PA Announcer?? Too bad we're playing on the mountain. Yall all know how I like to get on bad PA announcers. B)

Again I'm sure the Irish are for real. I know they have a D-I back. I just believe my Yellow Jackets are a lot better right now and are fully able to stay in this one and maybe win it.

I believe. Do the Jackets?

DL.

Guest thedragon

Grundy has a chance because i am sure Notre Dame is looking forward to the possible Region Championship game against Polk. Notre Dame could easily look over Grundy and The Yellow Jackets could pull the upset. However Notre Dames D is just to over powering

Notre Dame pulls it out

Notre Dame 31

Grundy Co. 22

I would enjoy seeing Grundy pull the upset in this game, but I just can't see it happening. MC Dad pretty well nailed it in his post. Notre Dame is just too fast, and they easily have the best defense I've seen this year. They are an incredibly solid football team. Good luck Grundy County.

Grundy is playing their best ball of the season right now, but so is Notre Dame. I just don't see Grundy winning this one. MC Dad said it all, but if Wiggins doesn't watch himself he will end up a few players short for his playoff run. He has tried to run the score up on everyone that they have played this year and he won't stop on Friday. Its kinda like Alabama, if you leave your starters in too long something is bound to happen (Prothro and Croyle last year). I would hate to see his arrogance mess this up for his kids.....

I hope Grundy beats them by 50 because I dislike everything about them: their colors, their field, their stands, their PA announcer (definitely most irritating in high school) and their stupid fight song. But, I don't think it will happen.

Good luck Jackets.

Awww, sir your just upset that we beat marion county severly so you hate us, i truly am sad. *tear* But in all honesty, we arent going to over look grundy, we know we are going up to their house and they have been winning recently yes we have a bigger game the week after grundy but that still isnt going to make us look past them, thats what made us lose some games last year, we know better. It should be a good game.

I'm not downing Grundy in any way because they gave us a good game, but Grundy just doesn't have enough speed to compete with ND. It's not a question of talent so much as it is speed. Notre Dames tailback is extremely fast and runs the ball hard when he's in a crowd. They rotate senior QB's who are both pretty good.

Where ND has the decisive advantage is on defense. Their defensive line is the best that I have seen in a long time at this level of high school football.

If he holds true to form, their coach wont call off the dogs if they get a lead. He'll play most of his starters right up to the final horn. He knows that this year is all he's got so he is making the most of it.

Good luck Jackets.

Must be a Vol fan. How can you hate on the best fight song in the world? Anyway.

You make an interesting point about the starters. Without knowing what the coach is thinking for sure, I think he may be taking the same approach the Knox Catholic coach espoused: that being he was getting ready for the playoffs and having his starters only play two quarters was not helping.

ND has been very sloppy every game when it comes to penalties. If Grundy wins Friday, ND's problems in that area will be the reason. They are a very good team.