Time Player Is Allowed To Play?

WBGradFan

Basketball did have a 6 quarter rule, but has been changed this year. I believe some coaches were playing JV games with two 16 minute periods, where players were technically only playing in 6 periods. TSSAA abolished the rule.

So, because some coaches were cheating they changed the rule to help them out?

That makes a lot of sense.

I can't imagine a Football coach playing his Varsity players in a JV game and have them tired and banged up for Friday night. I can see a coach dressing out his entire team for a JV game as a sign of respect for all the players on the team. After all, Friday night everybody is a Varsity player and you never know when you may get in the game. B)

My son, under a coach who is no longer in the business, played as a freshman:

started all the freshman games, started all of the jv games, and started all of the varsity games. Thankfully he only played on varsity special teams his freshman season, but because of numbers they needed him. Freshman games were on Thursday, varsity Friday, JV the following Monday. He was totally worn out at the end of the season.

And it was a Class 5A program. You risk some serious injuries to your players if you follow this path.