Longest High School Field Goal

Chakra30

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bliss's kick was a 61-yarder. I was the statistician for that game. It was the only time BA scored in a 10-3 regular-season loss to McCallie.

The two longest field goals in state history were both kicked in games involving Brentwood Academy. Jeff Hall's record-setting kick was against the Eagles, and Bliss played for the Eagles.

Edited by WesVols

The only trouble with those record setting field goals is the fact that they rarely have anything to do with the outcome of the game.

I saw Dustin Wynn of Middlesboro, KY set a new state record in 1997 with a 54 yarder, and another in1998 with a 57 yarder. Both of those came near the end of a decided game, with the wind at his back, and purely for the record.

Don't get me wrong, it was still fun to watch, and the kid had to have the leg and accuracy to even attemt it. That's why you won't find my name mentioned anywhere. I have no talent for it at all.

The new Kentucky record is 58 yards by Aaron Petry of Raceland set in 2003.

I wish TSSAA had more of the fun facts that you can find at http://www.khsaa.org.

I also look at the Virginia (VHSL) site, and it's really bad by comparison.