Sequatchie County @ Warren County

Sequatchie

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest. I've dreaded this game for awhile. No common opponents, not much word on what they are bringing to the table. The Pioneers had better not let the Franklin Co. game blow their heads up to big. I remember a game played immediately after that awesome Lincoln Co. war, where a lot of people thought that Warren Co. would beat (Me being included in that bunch). Warren Co. comes out flat and White Co. plays great and inspired football. Result...Pioneers take one on the chin. This one will be close. When Warren County scores a TD first, they gain a lot of confidence and get the crowd into it. When they don't, it gets rough. Couple of things from Warren County's perspective.

1. Pioneers are looking to stay underfeated at home (3-0) this season. Last time was 1990.

2. Pioneers need two wins to have a winning record for the first time since 1990.

3. Pioneer QB Josh Paz is the all-time leading passer in Warren County Pioneer history, eclipsing 2,000 yards for his career. Paz passed former QB Lane McCarter (1987-1989) to gain the top spot.

4. Paz needs one more rushing TD to get to double-digit TD's this season. With three more he will move into the top ten in rushing TD's for a season.

5. This is the first ever meeting between the Pioneers and the Sequatchie Co. Indians.

Let's hope we get another great crowd at the Nunley Stadium this week to root on this bunch.

Chili Supper Tailgate Bash in the Middle School cafeteria from 5-7 PM. All proceeds go to Project Graduation 2006.

Broadcast for the game begins at 6:00 PM on Newsradio 1230 WAKI/BL TV Channel 1.

GO PIONEERS!!!!

Edited by kellraiser

Although Warren County has already clinched the playoffs, and this game is a non-region game, it is still a very important game for the pioneers to win. If warren county wins, they will be able to carry their momentum to week 10, and should be able to beat coffee county. The only way i think the pioneers will be able to pull an upset in round one of the playoffs is if they can come into the playoffs with a 4 game winning streak. If the pioneers over look a good sequatchie county team, they would loose their rythem, and could easily find themselves in a very close game with an under rated coffee county team. Pulling a first round upset would be next to impossible after a sloppy end to the regular season. This is a big game this week pioneers. Work hard and get the job done! Good luck!

Chili supper tailgating? Who is making the chili? Is it just regular ole school chili or are we bringing in a ringer? Thinking about heading out to Rebel Hill to check out the Pioneers this Friday or I might wait for the grand showdown with Manchester. If WC beats Manchester we have Wilson Central, but a loss to Coffee means we have to go to Warrior Drive. It would be interesting to see all of those former Pioneers across the field coaching against the alma mater.

Kell, save me a bowl of chili just in case.

Edited by smith52

The Region Warren County is in is the weakest region in 5a. A team with a 2 - 8 record could make the playoffs. Something is wrong with that. I will say Warren County has a decent team this year, and I am glad to see it. Winning a playoff game is a different story. Won't happen this year. Everything else aside Warren Co. should win this game. Just look at the two schools enrollment. A 5A school has a huge advantage over a 2A school. I think Warren Co. wins this one by at least two touchdowns. Sequatchie has a good team but 5A is out of their league. Good luck to both teams and whoever wins should be proud.

The Region Warren County is in is the weakest region in 5a. A team with a 2 - 8 record could make the playoffs. Something is wrong with that. I will say Warren County has a decent team this year, and I am glad to see it. Winning a playoff game is a different story. Won't happen this year. Everything else aside Warren Co. should win this game. Just look at the two schools enrollment. A 5A school has a huge advantage over a 2A school. I think Warren Co. wins this one by at least two touchdowns. Sequatchie has a good team but 5A is out of their league. Good luck to both teams and whoever wins should be proud.

EXcluding COOKEVILLE of course! ;)

In my opinion, the classification of the school dosn't make a big of a difference as one might think. Smaller schools usually don't have as much depth, and it is harder for smaller schools to keep good athletes on the field year after year, and have a harder time running a consistant strong football program. But small schools can field some very competitive teams. I'm living in west tennessee right now, and earlier this fall i saw a 1A school (JCS) beat a very good 3A school (Jackson Southside). The bigger school had more size, strength and speed, but because the smaller school was better coached, and they came into the game with the attitude that they couldn't be beaten, they beat southside by about 3 touchdowns. Warren county should be able to beat sequatchie county, but they can't expect an easier game just because the school is smaller. Good luck pioneers!

In my opinion, the classification of the school dosn't make a big of a difference as one might think. Smaller schools usually don't have as much depth, and it is harder for smaller schools to keep good athletes on the field year after year, and have a harder time running a consistant strong football program. But small schools can field some very competitive teams. I'm living in west tennessee right now, and earlier this fall i saw a 1A school (JCS) beat a very good 3A school (Jackson Southside). The bigger school had more size, strength and speed, but because the smaller school was better coached, and they came into the game with the attitude that they couldn't be beaten, they beat southside by about 3 touchdowns. Warren county should be able to beat sequatchie county, but they can't expect an easier game just because the school is smaller. Good luck pioneers!

I agree with you that smaller schools can win games against schools with larger enrollments. Heck Boyd Buchanan 1A, until this year, would have beaten Warren County 5A the last 5 years. In small pockets smaller schools can compete, but in the long run smaller schools 1A or 2A will not be able to compete against 5A teams or at least make a steady diet out of it. If they could then why have the different classes at all? Face it, a school with 1300 students has a higher chance of getting 11 studs to play on a football team than a school with 300 students. It is hard for great coaching to overcome average coaching when the cards are stacked against you that high. Do you think the best 1A team this year could beat Riverdale?... I dont either nor should they be expected to. Warren County has more to loose in this game than Sequatchie County. If Warren Co. wins then everyone who has any knowledge of high school enrollments will think they should have. If they loose then its like the little kid beat up the bully and Warren Co. has egg all over their face. I just dont understand why Warren County would even want to play a 2A school...well after a losing streak like they went through I guess they will take a win anyway they can get it. Oh well, good luck to both teams.