7a

DOGPOUND

Alittle food for thought about RBS!

RBS beat a 27-6 Westmoreland Team that went to state last year "twice"

RBS beat a very good Celina team twice last year

RBS gave Clarkrange everything wanted in the last game of the regular season 47-38

RBS went 7-8 against team with winning records! I know that doesnt sound too impressive until you see that RBS did this with 1 senior, 1 junior, 6 sophmores, and 3 freshman!

And lets remember, those 6 soph and that 1 jr were vital in RBS knocking off the eventual state champs two years ago(Clarkrange) in RBS!

Take theses players and add that T-N-T tourney freshman class and RBS should be very tough in years to come!

I still think RBS is a year away, but it will be fun to see them play against some of the good teams in the area this year! :thumb:

Last year's results:

Gordonsville 53- RBS 41

Gordonsville 64- RBS 49

RBS hasn't beaten Gordonsville in at least the last three years.

This year may be different, but don't thump your chest too hard regarding last year's team.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year's results:

Gordonsville 53- RBS 41

Gordonsville 64- RBS 49

RBS hasn't beaten Gordonsville in at least the last three years.

This year may be different, but don't thump your chest too hard regarding last year's team.

Guess I dont understand? I was not taking any shots at any team, I was just stating a few big wins that RBS had gotten last season while basically playing with freshmen and sophmores! And that RBS will be real strong for years to come! Nothing personal against Westmoreland, they were a great team that played in the state! As for Gordonsville, I dont know why you would be shooting off at the mouth, Gordonsville wasnt even mentioned! BTW Gordonsville always has a very good team!

Guess I dont understand? I was not taking any shots at any team, I was just stating a few big wins that RBS had gotten last season while basically playing with freshmen and sophmores! And that RBS will be real strong for years to come! Nothing personal against Westmoreland, they were a great team that played in the state! As for Gordonsville, I dont know why you would be shooting off at the mouth, Gordonsville wasnt even mentioned! BTW Gordonsville always has a very good team!

I wasn't shooting off at the mouth, just pointing out that if you are going to boast of beating Westmoreland and Celina, it should also be noted that they had little or no success against other teams. I have no doubt that RBS will be a very good team this year, but they have to get over the hump against some other teams. They were a Jekyll/Hyde team last year. They would beat Westmoreland then two games later lose to Pickett in the Districts. For them to be successful they will have to translate the succcess against Westmoreland, Friendship, Clay, etc, to wins against Gordonsville, Pickett, and the likes. If they can find the consistency they lacked last year, they will make some noise in the regions this year.

Well I believe RBS will finish 3rd this year behind 2 of the, if not the, best teams in state...RBS will be good this year and better next year...but RBS has 2 jr high players who are just excellent...Laken Leonard who is in 8th grade this year and Lacey Colter who is in 7th grade this year...Now Lacey is the sister of Stacey and Cacey Colter and I believe she'll be better than both of them...if you've seen Laken play she has and outstanding inside game, but she can shoot the ball a little bit as well...RBS has a couple of sophomores this year are are really good and I believe that when they are seniors RBS will have the best team in the district...Hold me too it...RBS district 7a champs 07-08...lol...

Well I believe RBS will finish 3rd this year behind 2 of the, if not the, best teams in state...RBS will be good this year and better next year...but RBS has 2 jr high players who are just excellent...Laken Leonard who is in 8th grade this year and Lacey Colter who is in 7th grade this year...Now Lacey is the sister of Stacey and Cacey Colter and I believe she'll be better than both of them...if you've seen Laken play she has and outstanding inside game, but she can shoot the ball a little bit as well...RBS has a couple of sophomores this year are are really good and I believe that when they are seniors RBS will have the best team in the district...Hold me too it...RBS district 7a champs 07-08...lol...

Is Laken playing on the highschool team this year? I heard that the coach wasn't playing her on the middle school team this year so i was just curious if you knew anything about that? As for district 7a champs in 07, well anything is possible but i don't see that happening. Be at the game on Thursday night there in RBS and we'll talk. :thumb:

My new poll for District 7A:

#1 Clarkrange ( by far the best team in the state)

#2 RedBoiling Springs

#3 Clay County

#4 Pickett County

#5 Monterey

#6 Hermitage Springs

#7 Jackson County (weak team with little hope for more than 2 wins)

Hopefully this will make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy about their teams and the upcoming season! :lol:

Disclaimer: The views of this poster are not necessarily the views of the anyone affiliated with any certain school system, its merely speculation on his part and are not intended to be taken seriously! :thumb:

Edited by devilfanatic

Is Laken playing on the highschool team this year? I heard that the coach wasn't playing her on the middle school team this year so i was just curious if you knew anything about that? As for district 7a champs in 07, well anything is possible but i don't see that happening. Be at the game on Thursday night there in RBS and we'll talk. :lol:

yeah I was just messing around about the district champs in 07 I was just stating a point that I believe that'll be there best year...and alright i'll TRY and make it the game thur night...right now I don't think I have to do anything...

Guest Tigerette Pride

yeah I was just messing around about the district champs in 07 I was just stating a point that I believe that'll be there best year...and alright i'll TRY and make it the game thur night...right now I don't think I have to do anything...

1. Jackson County will have one district loss

2. Clarkrange will have only have 2 one to Jackson and one to RBS

3. RBS will probably split with clay but may lose once to Pickett.

3. Clay

5. Pickett Co

6. Monterey

7. Hermitage Springs