Pick-a-champ

TheGreatLineJudge

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Being 30 miles from the site hasn't given me any extravolley perception or futuristic forecasting abilties - I'm just guessing and using my gut feeling. Maybe I need to clean my glasses. I do agree with ComPassion however.

Pageman, as many matches as you have seen in the past few weeks, you should have a better vision than anyone unless there are factors that no one can predict, emotion and a stronger will to win. Every one of the participants are very, very, good.

During the season, and the past few weeks, I have seen in A-AA USJ, Loretto, East Ridge, Goodpasture, & Notre Dame. In AAA, I've seen Brentwood, Franklin, Collierville, Sullivan South, Siegel, Red Bank, & Germantown. In Div. II, Harpeth Hall, Father Ryan, BGA, & Harding Academy. I may have seen others & don't remember. The keys to winning the state are: 1) winning your 1st pool match to almost assure that you don't face the #1 seed in the brackets, 2) winning your last pool match on Thursday morning to have momentum going into the brackets, and 3) having the emotion and will to win in the brackets as PHargis said. As in any VB match, making as few as possible errors is critical - serving must be good as you cannot give points away. A team must have good defense, especially blocking at the net - getting a block against the other team's lead attacker does wonders for you. Good passing to the setter is also a must. Back row serve receive also has to be good to win. I know there are other factors that are keys to winning, but having the proper attitude can lead to wins.

The teams that have the above positive skills will win their respective classes.

Being 6 times zones away has given me extravolley perception and futuristic forcasting abilities. I can clearly see ...

•  
  • B.wood

• GPS

• ER

Aren't you always about 6 time zones away?? Really, though, tough to disagree but since most everyone is picking B'wood, I'll just throw out there, Germantown. As for the other 2 divisions, right on! Like someone else said, on a very shaky limb. IVOlly, I truly believe your team will win!

50 people voted in this poll. Thanks everyone for making this poll a lot of fun!

Team name [ Poll votes ] ** [% of votes]

Final poll numbers:

A/AA

Anderson County [ 4 ] ** [8.00%]

Crockett County [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]

East Ridge [ 25 ] ** [50.00%]

Goodpasture [ 5 ] ** [10.00%]

Knoxville Catholic [ 5 ] ** [10.00%]

Loretto [ 3 ] ** [6.00%]

Notre Dame [ 5 ] ** [10.00%]

University School of Jackson [ 3 ] ** [6.00%]

AAA