Gallatin Vs Mcgavock

Gtowner

There were only 3 turnovers. Gallatin finally didn't commit one the entire game.

Everybody was talking about how Gallatin couldn't handle the speed of McGavock...like I have been telling ya'll all year long, Gallatin is very fast on the defensive side of the ball. Overall Gallatin was very dominant!!! Time of possession, yardage and most importantly in scoring.

I will say I was very pleased with the sportsmanship from McGavock. I saw no cheap shots or any extra stuff after the play was dead. That is very encouraging. Also ya'll have a heck of a band!

Sadler once again stepped up and looked like he should have been the starter all along. The backs ran hard and the line looks like they have come together since the Overton debacle. And the defense...haha...I guess we are just slow. :lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key to this win for Gallatin was the fact that they kept the ball away from McGavock. Mc only had the ball for 6:30 in the first half. That is how you have to beat teams, win the time of possession and field possition battle. Great job by the Wave, and to coach Broom for turning McGavock football around. Good luck to you guys in Brentwood next week. We would love to have you back in G-town in two weeks.

This was one of the most complete TEAM games I've seen Gallatin play. It was a slug fest from start to end. Looks like we have gelled at the right time and the if we keep playing like we did last night we only have 1 road game to go on....I was really impressed after the game by the class of the McG coaching staff and players...I know it would be easy to have brought the past into the game but both teams played it for last night. The General is doing a good job in JT's absents. Gallatins team spped on defense held McG to just over 100 yards on the night. The only score by McG was 12 play 53 yard 6:30 minute drive. No big plays allowed by Gallatin. Region champs 2005.

There were only 3 turnovers. Gallatin finally didn't commit one the entire game.

Everybody was talking about how Gallatin couldn't handle the speed of McGavock...like I have been telling ya'll all year long, Gallatin is very fast on the defensive side of the ball. Overall Gallatin was very dominant!!! Time of possession, yardage and most importantly in scoring.

I will say I was very pleased with the sportsmanship from McGavock. I saw no cheap shots or any extra stuff after the play was dead. That is very encouraging. Also ya'll have a heck of a band!

Sadler once again stepped up and looked like he should have been the starter all along. The backs ran hard and the line looks like they have come together since the Overton debacle. And the defense...haha...I guess we are just slow. :thumb:

yep, yesterday they won their 4th consecutive State championship and their 24th overall in school history.

The old high school building was torn down several years ago and an effort was made to build a new stadium at the existing high school building. I don't think anybody liked the idea of having a track around the field so the idea kinda died out. I personally like the atmosphere with the fans right on top of the field. Besides all that we don't mind the visiting fans showing up late because they went to the wrong place!!!!

The old high school building was torn down several years ago and an effort was made to build a new stadium at the existing high school building. I don't think anybody liked the idea of having a track around the field so the idea kinda died out. I personally like the atmosphere with the fans right on top of the field. Besides all that we don't mind the visiting fans showing up late because they went to the wrong place!!!!

not funny.

:thumb: