Grace Vs Temple

oldtimeballer63

Temple will host Grace on Friday. If Temple beats Grace, they will secure the fourth seed. A loss to Grace could cause a tie-breaker that would be determined next week.

Temple's Record: Overall 5-4, Region 2-3

Grace's Record: Overall 5-4, Region 1-4

Results of games against same opponents:

Temple lost to Lookout Valley 26-28 --- Grace lost to LV 49-14

Temple beat Silverdale 36-19 --- Grace beat Silverdale 22-13

Temple lost to Whitwell 22-41 --- Grace lost to Whitwell 14-41

Temple lost to South Pitt. 32-49 --- Grace lost to SP 14-48

Temple beat Copper Basin 26-18 --- Grace lost to CB 0-14

Who will get the win?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temple will host Grace on Friday. If Temple beats Grace, they will secure the fourth seed. A loss to Grace could cause a tie-breaker that would be determined next week.

Temple's Record: Overall 5-4, Region 2-3

Grace's Record: Overall 5-4, Region 1-4

Results of games against same opponents:

Temple lost to Lookout Valley 26-28 --- Grace lost to LV 49-14

Temple beat Silverdale 36-19 --- Grace beat Silverdale 22-13

Temple lost to Whitwell 22-41 --- Grace lost to Whitwell 14-41

Temple lost to South Pitt. 32-49 --- Grace lost to SP 14-48

Temple beat Copper Basin 26-18 --- Grace lost to CB 0-14

Who will get the win?

Now I am no expert on either of these two teams. I have only seen both of them one time. I think Grace may be the better overall coached team of the two and that is to take nothing away from Temple, I think they are well coached also. I do think that Temple has more weapons and more overall talent though and so I give the nod to Temple to take the 4th spot in the region.

If Grace does win though they will take the 4th spot. If Copper Basin loses then Grace is in by the head to head with Temple. If Basin wins then there is a 3 way tie and Grace goes in due to the tie breaker.

Then if Temple wins this game they are in no matter what else happens.

I think Temple comes out with the win and secures their playoff spot. Temple just has too much for Grace to handle. Grace will compete but Temple will stretch them farther than they can go with the passing game. I don't see Temple being out coached maybe just outnumbered. How many guys does Grace have on their team?

I take Temple 35-14 :thumb:

Now I am no expert on either of these two teams. I have only seen both of them one time. I think Grace may be the better overall coached team of the two and that is to take nothing away from Temple, I think they are well coached also. I do think that Temple has more weapons and more overall talent though and so . .

Why do you say that Grace is "the better overall coached team" -- if I may ask?

What is the basis for breaking the tie and who determined how it would be broken.

For a 2 way tie it is broken by the head to head winner. For a 3-way tie it goes like this:

The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region, shall count: 1. The team with the greatest number of victories. 2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games. 3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories. 4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats. 5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class. 6. Ten yardline overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

For a 2 way tie it is broken by the head to head winner. For a 3-way tie it goes like this:

The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region, shall count: 1. The team with the greatest number of victories. 2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games. 3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories. 4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats. 5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class. 6. Ten yardline overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

I like number 6 myself. Do the overtime, let the play decide.

I like number 6 myself. Do the overtime, let the play decide.

Why do you say that Grace is "the better overall coached team" -- if I may ask?

You may ask. I just thought that Grace looked a little more disciplined, meaning they looked a little better in their assignments. I also thought that Grace had a better game plan for their talent. HOWEVER; even though I didn't think Temple had the better gameplan in the game I saw (and I am no coach so what I think on gameplans amounts to nothing) I do think that they did a better job at getting the ball to their skill players and playmakers. I also think that Temple is better overall (talent+coaching).

Let me add this, when I said that I thought Grace was better coached overall, it wasn't meant by much, I thought Temple was well coached too. It wasn't meant as a knock on Temple. There was just something about Grace that caught my eye when they were on the field and I can't really explain it. Take in to account also though that I only have seen each team in only one game so I may have seen the best of Grace and the worst of Temple or somewhere in between.