Db Vs Science Hill

ArtVandalay

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually you are wrong. When you enter the playoffs its anybodys game. The sportswriters like to name favorites, because thats what they do. When two teams take the field in the playoffs its whoever is the best team that night that takes the win. The other team gets out the basketballs. There is no "choke" in the playoffs.

No, Maryville would not "embarass" the Indians. But here is something for you to think about if you do make it to Maryville (you will not). Maryville is better this year than last, South is not as good as last years Tn. High team.

Thanks for pointing out where I'm wrong Waco. I forgot, there is no way D-B would ever lose to a team that has less talent than them. Now, let me correct you on something. I can't speak for Maryville being better or worse than last year, but South is much better than they were last year and last year they almost beat Tn High in the playoffs, leading them heading into the fourth quarter.

Actually you are wrong. When you enter the playoffs its anybodys game. The sportswriters like to name favorites, because thats what they do. When two teams take the field in the playoffs its whoever is the best team that night that takes the win. The other team gets out the basketballs. There is no "choke" in the playoffs.

No, Maryville would not "embarass" the Indians. But here is something for you to think about if you do make it to Maryville (you will not). Maryville is better this year than last, South is not as good as last years Tn. High team.

Maryville's defense is better. I'm not so sure about their offense though. Ryan Tallent is a great rb but they don't have a d1 qb this year.

Either way Maryville will win convincingly in the semifinals, whether it's South or Mo West.

opps, My bad. That post was way back in Sept. And the JC was Jefferson Co. I guess I should of looked at the date. You were wrong then to however. You are right about the defense and offense though. The offense will have to have their best game of the year to beat Ooltewah. I don't know if the defense can hold Ooltewah under 21pts.

volmanscott does make a good point db has choked some in the playoffs i can remember a few years back not sure what year it was william blount came to db when db was highly ranked and got beat by a one man show, need some help on the year

If I recall, the player that you refer to as a "one man show" was more than that. He was a one man team. They couldn't have won without him. He had been out due to injuries until that 1st playoff game. WB didn't have a very good record coming into the playoffs, because he was injured no doubt. He (their one man show) beat DB almost all by himself, he was injured at the end of the game, and WB went on to be beaten in game 2. DB was absolutely not ready for WB with him playing. That game reminds me of the DB/Karns game 2 years ago - no choking involved, just not ready for what they found. I don't believe there was any sense of their losing composure or failure to perform effectively because they were in the playoffs. The problem may actually have been that they expected to win.

whatever waco im not going to argue with someone over the internet, i know i was there at the williamblount/db game that year and db had far more talent than blount but still got beat, there qb was a one man show that night

I am constantly amazed by some of the moronic statements made on this site. If you watched the WB game, and have at least a nominal understanding of the sport you would understand the concept "game of your life". That is what the WB quarterback had. That young person played his heart out, and had great success. That is what the playoffs are about. It took the DB defence 3 3/4 quarters to put that young man down; too late to make a difference. A serious injury prevented him from playing the next game, and the rest is history. Surely people have better things to do than down a group of young people, doing the best they can, while playing the greatest sport in the world. The road to a 5A championship is rough, at best. If you fall short you console your seniors, and rally around the remaining players, preparing for the future. Thats the great thing about football; every August a new journey starts. Some people like to dwell in the past instead of embracing the future??!! Edited by Old Dog

Getting beat & getting out-played is not choking...

the "one man show" from Wiliiam Blount, McMahan, is a four year starter at free safety for Tennessee Tech...he was outstanding his entire high school career (Blount won every game he was healthy and playing in his senior year - lost when he was out) and has carried that effort and success into his college career...

Envy leads to some interestingly sad posts on here...D-B has won the conference 6 straight years, 11 out of 13...defeated the hill 12 straight...South a bunch straight, Jeff County a bunch straight (don't have Art's stats handy)...there have been great games in those years...have all of D-B's wins been chokes by the Toppers, Rebels, and Pats...I certainly don't think so...they have been hard fought victories over teams the Indians have respect for... this week the Tribe plays the Owls...a very good team, from a very good conference...another team the Indians have respect for...D-B played them first round last year and it was a great game (another hard fought victory)...this year should be another outstanding contest between two very good teams...regardless of the outcome, don't think it will be a choke by either team...

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk