Temple

Bzaller

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen him play much, so I can't tell you anything. From other people, it sounds as though he should do well. I don't know how to compare him with Van Horn because Van Horn has been gone for a year and Vespie just came. Also, I never went to any camps, so I will have to wait to see his skills and abilities.

I believe the Lord will bless him because of his heart. He seems to have a passion for basketball. Also, he takes basketball serious. He sees his teammates as family and would bend over backwards for them. He is also a hard worker.

Sorry I can not compare the two.

Vespie is a solid player who can handle the ball and shoot the three. He's not very athletic, quick, or big, but he has good basketball sense. I don't see him checking Van Horn. He started this summer when Temple played Anderson County and Oak Ridge. Oak Ridge beat them, but it was close. Vespie will be a hard worker and a nice role player for Temple.....

Say all you want about your six foot ten tooth pick, and Van Horn and whoever else you guys have. But we got Seth Skogen. Grace trying to stop a Skogen is like the cavs trying to stop Jordan. If your gonna win against Temple, you had better lock him down. But will that happen? Is the Pope Jewish? Does the sun set in the East? Grace trying to stop Jake was a dream. Then watching you guys try and stop Caleb was laughable. Seth will dominate Grace because that what Skogens do. The funny thing is, is that you guys from Grace know it. Go ahead and give Seth 25 and 15 for that game. You put McMasters on Seth and he will be broken in pieces. Who you gonna put on him? The Skogens are what seperates Temple from grace, and sadly for you, the Skogen era aint over yet.

it doesn't matter how much experience Smith has in any tournaments, to think he would stop someone who is 9 inches taller than him is laughable. Unless McMasters is terrible with his back to the basket he will destroy Smith. All he has to do is drop step to the rim and if Smith bumps him the refs will call a foul and he will be on the bench.

Then on defense McMasters will just front Smith and they won't be able to get the ball around his length -- not that they will be trying to get the ball to him anyway on offense anyways.

arguement settled by someone who doesn't care anything about grace/temple.

it doesn't matter how much experience Smith has in any tournaments, to think he would stop someone who is 9 inches taller than him is laughable. Unless McMasters is terrible with his back to the basket he will destroy Smith. All he has to do is drop step to the rim and if Smith bumps him the refs will call a foul and he will be on the bench.

Then on defense McMasters will just front Smith and they won't be able to get the ball around his length -- not that they will be trying to get the ball to him anyway on offense anyways.

arguement settled by someone who doesn't care anything about grace/temple.

Temple played against DCA in the first round and won back when they won the state title for the first time. DCA had a player who was 7'0". Temple stopped him. Temple beat a team from Virginia last year. All starters on that team were over 6'1". During the first State Tourn. they won Temple's Jeron Williams took a charge against that huge guy from Ezell. I forget his name...

so in conclusion, having height doesn't mean everything. It means a lot though.

Oh and Isaiah Mouw wasn't tall or big. He was skiny and slow and yet he was an amazing rebounder. So was his younger brother Zach and his older brother Jeremy.

Edited by PBG030

Say all you want about your six foot ten tooth pick, and Van Horn and whoever else you guys have. But we got Seth Skogen. Grace trying to stop a Skogen is like the cavs trying to stop Jordan. If your gonna win against Temple, you had better lock him down. But will that happen? Is the Pope Jewish? Does the sun set in the East? Grace trying to stop Jake was a dream. Then watching you guys try and stop Caleb was laughable. Seth will dominate Grace because that what Skogens do. The funny thing is, is that you guys from Grace know it. Go ahead and give Seth 25 and 15 for that game. You put McMasters on Seth and he will be broken in pieces. Who you gonna put on him? The Skogens are what seperates Temple from grace, and sadly for you, the Skogen era aint over yet.

haha

im not sure if this counts but im kinda sure it does.....strength. if a 7 foot guy cant get around the basket then what does his height mean on offense. josh smith is a beast and i guarantee that he is stronger the mcmasters. so when you compare height then you should compare strength also.

Very True you have to take strength into account. I do not really expect Carter to get most of his of points against Temple right there in the paint at point blank range. Temples help d is very good and Smith will be very very physical with Carter. But what makes Carter differant than any other 6'10 guy is his ability to shoot. I think he will get his points from the 10-15 foot range where he can shoot over smith and just rebound under the basket unless Temple doesnt help the he should have a field day under the basket. What are the chances of then putting Seth on Carter and Josh on Dilts?

I must have missed the joke.

Its just so funny/ignorant to think that a team is going to lose to another team simply because of someone is related to someone else. Gotta do better than that to prove a point.

Temple grace will be a great game- these two teams will be tough all year long- their games will probably reach epic proportions this year b/c this is the best grace team ever and temple is young- (one senior- qualifies you for a young team) I see both these teams in the state tourny- vespie could get the starting nod for temple-

I very seriously doubt this as one of these teams will have to travel to Clay County this year for the substate and whoever it is will NOT win that game just like whoever travels from up here down there will NOT win that game and you can write that down! :rolleyes: