Powell Vs Clinton

Phsbaseball13

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

word around powell is that this game dosen't matter. Dose that change anything with the playoff picture?

Certainly it matters. It is senior night, and I promise you that the seniors don't want to lose their last home game.

It is also important to play well in the last game before the playoffs begin.

I thought all games were important.

i can promise you that this one is important to the panther players and especially the seniors. It's the last home game that we will ever play in Powell but more importantly its the difference between 6-4 and 5-5 and Powell is much better then a .500 football team. Plus its always nice to be hitting stride for the playoffs.

also this game if we lose would would be playing the winner of the red bank/hixson game we want to play the loser :D

No, that's not true. Powell is the third seed from 3-4A, no matter what happens in any of the week 10 games. They will play the loser of the Hixson/Red Bank game on the road in round one.

Are the Panthers upset with there finish at 6-4 and third in the region? Is this motivation to do well in the playoffs? Do you think the Smith's are upset about their move over, being they lost 2 straight to the Bobcats? The biggest problem is that the third place team is matched up with the Red Rebels, we all know their success in the playoffs. Powell could be the most talented team in the state to end up 8-5.

Are the Panthers upset with there finish at 6-4 and third in the region? Is this motivation to do well in the playoffs? Do you think the Smith's are upset about their move over, being they lost 2 straight to the Bobcats? The biggest problem is that the third place team is matched up with the Red Rebels, we all know their success in the playoffs. Powell could be the most talented team in the state to end up 8-5.

I can assure you that nobody is happy with a potential 6-4 record. The team expected to do better than that. On the other side of that coin, the 4 teams that Powell lost to have a combined record of 33-3, so the Panthers aren't losing to patsys. Of those 4 losses, the loss to Webb was by a point and Farragut beat Powell by 2. The Central game was a one score game until late. Only the Maryville game was a lopsided loss. With a couple of breaks, that record could be much better, but it's not and they are 5-4 with one to play.

Are the Smith's upset? Why should they be? Both have told me that they are where they belong, which is back home.

Edited by HTV

htv,

Guess Powell is looking for moral victories now, since they only lost by 1 point to Webb and by 2 points to Farragut.

They will probably have a new column: 6-2-2 (wins, losses by more than 2 points, losses by 2 points or less).

Congrats on a great season this year and many more to come.

Oh by the way, what ever happened to the Stephens, Watts, Courtney squabble. Must have smoothed over the rough waters, much like the fit Stephens threw last year over teachers with more seniority gettings jobs they were certified for.

htv,

Guess Powell is looking for moral victories now, since they only lost by 1 point to Webb and by 2 points to Farragut.

They will probably have a new column: 6-2-2 (wins, losses by more than 2 points, losses by 2 points or less).

Congrats on a great season this year and many more to come.

Oh by the way, what ever happened to the Stephens, Watts, Courtney squabble. Must have smoothed over the rough waters, much like the fit Stephens threw last year over teachers with more seniority gettings jobs they were certified for.

You have trouble with reading comprehension, don't you? What in my response indicated that a moral victory was had? I made the point that a potential 6-4 record is not acceptable.

By the way, that record does include a win over your beloved Halls Red Devils.

Stephens threw a fit? You don't have any idea what did or didn't happen a year ago.

Like I said earlier, you need to find somebody else to stalk for a while. Your act has grown boring. Some people have a clue, and some don't.

Edited by HTV