Powell Vs Clinton

Phsbaseball13

Do you hide behind an internet screen name? Yes, we all do. There are very few people on here that use their given name, such as HTV.

Powell coaches punish players to fit their needs. An incident happens in the past, lets see when can we punish them. Kid gets caught smoking at school, gets suspended, which should begin at 3 pm that day, plays football that night, suspension starts the next Monday(ML). Player misses too many days in summer school, gets kicked out, super puts him in a different summer school(CS).

I do think I know what I'm talking about. e.o.s.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, as far as my mind old mind understands it, positions 1 thru 3 are set no matter what happens. The only way for Halls not to make it is if they lose to S-D and West beats Central.

I think that Powell can beat Clinton w/o all the starters playing. They just have way too much for the Dragons.

As far as discussing these kids personal lives on the internet, I completely agree with fairplay. It should not be open for internet crap rumors. It is none of our business and should be handled by the proper people. We should be talking about the games. If a kid doesn't play, talk about how that will effect the game, not about that kid's personal life.

rob--ya might as well show up at Central, after this year, you won't have to be over as much. (but biggsexxy and I will make sure you get an honorary Bobcat card for future use just in case :o )

HTV, just curious about something? What is your name? Don't hide behind a screen name tell us all who you are. And just to jump back a bit on this thread.... there is NO POSSIBLE way IF you were in the press box to have a clear view of whether or not the ball was in the endzone on the two-point attempt by WEST. IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!! I have been in that stadium MANY MANY times and the PRESS BOX TOO and there is no way possible. So please explain how you had a good view. :o

I'm not hiding behind anything. It's no secret who I am or what my affiliation is with high school football. If you don't know, you haven't been paying attention.

If you had read my post you would have seen that I said that I had a pretty good look at where the player was, but I couldn't see the football. I said that the official was right on it and he indicated that the ball was at the waist of Gay. What is it that is so hard to understand about that? I don't have much trouble following the ball and telling listeners where it is.

I'm also not throwing out accusations and half truths about high school kids on this forum. There's a huge difference in talking about games and players abilities on the field and spreading rumors and half truths about them from a personal standpoint.

Again, as far as my mind old mind understands it, positions 1 thru 3 are set no matter what happens. The only way for Halls not to make it is if they lose to S-D and West beats Central.

I think that Powell can beat Clinton w/o all the starters playing. They just have way too much for the Dragons.

As far as discussing these kids personal lives on the internet, I completely agree with fairplay. It should not be open for internet crap rumors. It is none of our business and should be handled by the proper people. We should be talking about the games. If a kid doesn't play, talk about how that will effect the game, not about that kid's personal life.

rob--ya might as well show up at Central, after this year, you won't have to be over as much. (but biggsexxy and I will make sure you get an honorary Bobcat card for future use just in case :o )

One through three are set in stone, medman. If you'll go to the TSSAA site it has the playoff "possibilities" and for 3-4A is has Maryville 1, Central 2, and Powell 3. The only "possibility" is for 4th between Halls and West.

The only way West gets in over Halls is if the Rebs can pull the upset over Central and then Halls is upset by South-Doyle. We both know that neither of those are likely.

The 4 partcipants from region 4 are already know, but the order is still to be determined. Hixson and Red Bank play for 1 and 2 this week, while White County and Rhea County play for 3 and 4.

Edited by HTV

That is awesome about the Smith's happiness. I guess football is about lesson in learning to deal with not always getting what you want.

As a true educated football fan, not one who enjoys critizing individual players and their families, Coach Smith and Lee are very happy at Powell. Lee is a tremendously gifted athlete as evidenced by his ranking as the fifth Tight End in the country, Sports Illustrated and Reebok All-Americans, invited to play in two All-American games. Because of his talent he has been offered scholarships at the University of Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Alabama, and Louisville among others. Fans of high school sports should be more supportive and spread such negative gossip!

Are the Panthers upset with there finish at 6-4 and third in the region? Is this motivation to do well in the playoffs? Do you think the Smith's are upset about their move over, being they lost 2 straight to the Bobcats? The biggest problem is that the third place team is matched up with the Red Rebels, we all know their success in the playoffs. Powell could be the most talented team in the state to end up 8-5.

8-5??????? So you think Powell is going to beat Maryville in the playoffs? And then turn around and lose to Central?

As a true educated football fan, not one who enjoys critizing individual players and their families, Coach Smith and Lee are very happy at Powell. Lee is a tremendously gifted athlete as evidenced by his ranking as the fifth Tight End in the country, Sports Illustrated and Reebok All-Americans, invited to play in two All-American games. Because of his talent he has been offered scholarships at the University of Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Alabama, and Louisville among others. Fans of high school sports should be more supportive and spread such negative gossip!

This is by no means pointing the finger at any specific individual. Just some general questions.

Do you think that inappropriate behavior should be ignored if an individual is a gifted athlete?

Should athletes be held to a higher or lower standard?

Should gifted athletes not be held accountabl for their off field behavior in an effort to win games?

I agree that critizing specific players in this forum is in bad taste. But on the other hand we shouldn't excuse an individual just becuase he is a gifted athlete.