Sequatchie Valley Basketball

SeqValleyFan

And South Pittsburg has everyone but three players from last year's team so pretty much everyone from last year is still there. They just have not played yet. Plus they are running a new system that they are adjusting to. On December 2 they will be ready to play.

why will it take them so long to get in the swing of bball if they are that good they should be able to step right up and start playing

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what you mean by these comments, but your team won't be too good Jasper Boy and your day is coming.

Typical SP response. You see "Warrior" and you automatically assume it is in reference to Marion County. TNWarrior is a fan of the other Warriors, those from Bledsoe County. We know you're thinking about us and we like that. :thumb:

Edited by fcd163

And South Pittsburg has everyone but three players from last year's team so pretty much everyone from last year is still there. They just have not played yet. Plus they are running a new system that they are adjusting to. On December 2 they will be ready to play.

Why didnt they play, didnt the football team lose in the 2nd round, which would have been Nov. 12 or 13?

It would be hard for SP to beat these two teams even with everyone there, but someone said they didn't have many players. I was told they went into these preseason games with 4 and possibly 5 starters unavailable. I think it was pretty much some of the B team players that played in those 2 games. They will compete for their district championship and will do just fine in the valley.

It would be hard for SP to beat these two teams even with everyone there, but someone said they didn't have many players. I was told they went into these preseason games with 4 and possibly 5 starters unavailable. I think it was pretty much some of the B team players that played in those 2 games. They will compete for their district championship and will do just fine in the valley.

you're close...it was about 9 or 10 players they didn't have. except for one guy, the hawkins kid, i don't think they had a single player that would see a lot of action, if any, this season. they will compete for the district, but i'm not too sure they be able to pull it off.

you're close...it was about 9 or 10 players they didn't have. except for one guy, the hawkins kid, i don't think they had a single player that would see a lot of action, if any, this season. they will compete for the district, but i'm not too sure they be able to pull it off.

Just out of curiosity, why did the football players not play? Marion County football ended on the same night and our football players were at practice on Monday and played (didn't start but saw playing time) on Tuesday.

Just out of curiosity, why did the football players not play? Marion County football ended on the same night and our football players were at practice on Monday and played (didn't start but saw playing time) on Tuesday.

i'm not totally sure, but i think they usually give them a week off to recuperate, spend time with family, etc. before they go full into basketball. of course, when they have a bad season, it's not really a big deal (like last season), but when the football team does well, it can cost them early in the season (like two years ago and maybe this year). so, i think it's just for rest and refocusing more than anything else. i believe that's why the push the season-opening games back to the first or second week of december usually.

I think south pittsburg has the potential to do extremely well this season. They definately have the athletes to compete with anyone in class A (and any team in the sequatchie valley). They have definately come a long way in the past couple of years.

On the other end of the spectrum, in terms of coaching, discipline, team ball, etc; I am very impressed with Whitwell. Although they probably won't challange for the district this year, in a few years I think they could be right up there. I saw them play South Pittsburg last year at Whitwell, and I was very impressed. They played a team with 10 times more talent pretty competitively. Whitwell has found a really good coach who appears to be getting the best out of his players. They may lack in the talent department, but they play extremely hard and have alot of heart.

How does Marion County look this year? I have heard they are getting better too. They played CCS a decent game the other day. Losing by 18 to a quality program like CCS isn't bad.

Looks to me like the whole valley is definately improving.