Cookeville Vs. Riverdale

UCSportsFan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe these two will meet in the quarterfinals again this year, however i see the outcome a little different than last year. Cookeville is just running over people and i honestly believe they will beat Riverdale by atleast 10 points. Any comments?

I don't know about the point difference but I think CHS definatly matches up better this year than they did last year. Having home field this year will be a big plus as well. If Cookeville can overcome Riverdale's typical 3rd quarter outburst then the advantage is squarely in Cookeville's favor.

Well, that is a bit optimistic. When the playoffs come, anything can happen. Cookeville's region is pretty weak. Riverdale has some tough teams on its region, that could be tough to beat.

I wouldn't assume that this is a forgone conclusion. Don't get me wrong, the whole state, except Riverdale, would probably be pulling for Cookeville. But I don't think I can pick against Riverdale until they lose. They're still the champs.

I do think they are beatable this year, though.

Both teams have plenty to worry about before this game occurs.

No question that Cookeville has just crushed everyone in their path since an opening loss to Ooltewah. There is some question about how good some of those teams were.

Riverdale has not appeared invincible this year and has had some hard-fought, close games. They have beaten some very good teams in Lavergne, Smyrna, and WC.

The two common opponents are Lincoln County and Lebanon. Cookeville has fared better against both.

It will be a great game IF it happens.

I believe these two will meet in the quarterfinals again this year, however i see the outcome a little different than last year. Cookeville is just running over people and i honestly believe they will beat Riverdale by atleast 10 points. Any comments?

They couldn't beat the 3/4th place team from region 2! Why do you think they will make that far?

I really hope this wasn't started by a Cookeville fan. We still have three weeks before we should even be talking about this game. I would love nothing more than to meet up with them again, but lets beat Franklin County, Lavergne, and WC first, then we can talk about Riverdale.