Wartburg

orangenation16

Philip, just how many PJ boys do we have in our first like 10 people off the bench....? The answer is one. That doesn't make a difference anyway. The PJ boys that come through Wartburg wouldn't be half as good if it wasn't for the coach. The Wartburg boys that come through wouldn't be half as good either. A lot of credit goes to Coach Layne, not the fact of where the boys came from.

Harvo Shawn and Caleb are both from Petros and who cares when they come in ?Both are slowly but surely maturing and contributing. Both will be great players. BTW from what i hear caleb played more off the bench last night than anyone. (Petros '05,'04,'03,'02)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harvo Shawn and Caleb are both from Petros and who cares when they come in ?Both are slowly but surely maturing and contributing. Both will be great players. BTW from what i hear caleb played more off the bench last night than anyone. (Petros '05,'04,'03,'02)

Shawn and Caleb both are two young, but GREAT players and I love watching the two kids play. They don't play like Freshman they both are really matured out on the court. And as for who is the BEST player between ME and DJ I would have to say LIL brother. HE is so incredible to watch out on the floor. He does so many things that are EXPECTED of him and sometimes he does things that will just make your CHIN drop and say WOW that kid is AWESOME! Now I know he is my brother and it probably looks bad on me that I am sittin here bragging on him, but the TRUTH is I don't care. My lil brother don't look up to me, I LOOK UP TO HIM just because I respect him as a brother, as my friend, and as my TEAMMATE! AS for MELTON he is a great player also, he is One of the BEST if not the best post in the Region. HE has got to be one of the most physical post in East Tennessee and I am proud to say that he is my Teammate. I am not here to say anything about myself, I will let all of you people out there criticize me and give all of your negative comments about me all you want to, but I am here to say one thing, I will do everything in my power to make sure that WE, as a TEAM, succeed in everything we want to achieve and I will do everything in my power to make sure that I lead my team, like a real team leader should! We can make that appearance to STATE we just have to stick together. AND as always I will go by my own personal saying, " WE WILL WIN AS A TEAM AND WE WILL LOSE AS A TEAM."

Shawn and Caleb both are two young, but GREAT players and I love watching the two kids play. They don't play like Freshman they both are really matured out on the court. And as for who is the BEST player between ME and DJ I would have to say LIL brother. HE is so incredible to watch out on the floor. He does so many things that are EXPECTED of him and sometimes he does things that will just make your CHIN drop and say WOW that kid is AWESOME! Now I know he is my brother and it probably looks bad on me that I am sittin here bragging on him, but the TRUTH is I don't care. My lil brother don't look up to me, I LOOK UP TO HIM just because I respect him as a brother, as my friend, and as my TEAMMATE! AS for MELTON he is a great player also, he is One of the BEST if not the best post in the Region. HE has got to be one of the most physical post in East Tennessee and I am proud to say that he is my Teammate. I am not here to say anything about myself, I will let all of you people out there criticize me and give all of your negative comments about me all you want to, but I am here to say one thing, I will do everything in my power to make sure that WE, as a TEAM, succeed in everything we want to achieve and I will do everything in my power to make sure that I lead my team, like a real team leader should! We can make that appearance to STATE we just have to stick together. AND as always I will go by my own personal saying, " WE WILL WIN AS A TEAM AND WE WILL LOSE AS A TEAM."

Philip, when I made that comment I wasn't downing Petros Joyner in anyway. I was just saying that Coach Layne makes them as good as they are and will become. They are special freshman and extremely talented. All I was saying is that I don't think they would be near as good anywhere else, because of the way that Coach Layne is playing them.

Shawn and Caleb both are two young, but GREAT players and I love watching the two kids play. They don't play like freshman they both have really matured out on the court. And as for who is the BEST player between ME and DJ, I would have to say lil brother. He is so INCREDIBLE to watch out on the floor. He does so may things that are exspected of him and sometimes he does things that would just make your CHIN drop and just say WOW that kid is AWESOME! Now I know he is my brother and it probably looks bad on me that I am sitting here bragging on him, but the TRUTH is I don't care. My lil brother don't have to look up to me because I look up to him, just because I RESPECT him as my BROTHER, as my FRIEND, and as my TEAMMATE! AND as for Melton he is A GREAT player also, his is one of the BEST if not the BEST post in the REGION. He has got to be one of the most physical post in EAST TENNESSEE and I am proud to say that he is my TEAMMATE. I am not here to say anything about myself, I will let all of you people out there criticize me and give all of your negative comments about me all you want to, but I am here to say one thing, I will do everything in my power to make sure that we, as a team, succeed in everthing that we want to and I will do everything in my power to make sure that I lead my team, like a real team leader should! We can make that appearance to STATE we just have to stick together. And as always I will go my own personal saying, " WE WILL WIN AS A TEAM AND WE WILL LOSE AS A TEAM."

1. Shannons are over rated. Anyone that plays basketball all year around should be a lot better then that. 2. I watched Caleb play basketball last summer and the kid didnt impress me at all. The reason he scored so much because he shot at least 50% of the time he touched the ball. I know Wartburg will be very good and not saying they wont win it, just these people who play basketball 365 days a year and unlike other kids from Coalfield for instants work out during basketball season and is messes with shot. I think best player on Wartburg is Melton hands down. After J-Shannon won MVP last year the kid had a whole different walk. He's good yea, but take a Steven Gunter and play him basketball 365 days a year he's easily as good if not better.

Philip, when I made that comment I wasn't downing Petros Joyner in anyway. I was just saying that Coach Layne makes them as good as they are and will become. They are special freshman and extremely talented. All I was saying is that I don't think they would be near as good anywhere else, because of the way that Coach Layne is playing them.

Have to disagree with you on this one Harvo. I know you were not downing Petros and I have loads of respect for Coach Layne and he is an amazing coach. But think about this...the FRESHMEN boys have been a part of his program a little over one month of actually being allowed to practice and play ball. Shawn is a great kid. He plays with a lotta heart and knows how to play team ball. He has speed, agility, and when he does shoot (not often) he usually makes them count. Caleb plays well at the point. He's not used to playing on this level and seems to start out when put in with a mistake or two before he works out the butterflies. But that will pass with time..he's young. His life revolves around basketball and it shows. He has great passing and shooting skills and he too will be awesome in the near future. Josh Kidd seems like a great kid as well. He played well in their JV game and did a great job running point. Looks like he knows how to play team ball.

Add Coach Layne to the mix and these boys will all make a name for Wartburg Central High School long before their senior year!!!

I agree w/ ya CHS. All of Wartburgs' freshman this year will learn alot from the group that they have now, and i think all they will do is get better as they go. I think they'll be a team to watch not only this year but for the next couple of years also. Best of Luck! B)

P.S. hey bongy the shannons are not overrated and to me caleb is quite impressive to be a freshman.

Edited by basketball101

Shawn and Caleb both are two young, but GREAT players and I love watching the two kids play. They don't play like freshman they both have really matured out on the court. And as for who is the BEST player between ME and DJ, I would have to say lil brother. He is so INCREDIBLE to watch out on the floor. He does so may things that are exspected of him and sometimes he does things that would just make your CHIN drop and just say WOW that kid is AWESOME! Now I know he is my brother and it probably looks bad on me that I am sitting here bragging on him, but the TRUTH is I don't care. My lil brother don't have to look up to me because I look up to him, just because I RESPECT him as my BROTHER, as my FRIEND, and as my TEAMMATE! AND as for Melton he is A GREAT player also, his is one of the BEST if not the BEST post in the REGION. He has got to be one of the most physical post in EAST TENNESSEE and I am proud to say that he is my TEAMMATE. I am not here to say anything about myself, I will let all of you people out there criticize me and give all of your negative comments about me all you want to, but I am here to say one thing, I will do everything in my power to make sure that we, as a team, succeed in everthing that we want to and I will do everything in my power to make sure that I lead my team, like a real team leader should! We can make that appearance to STATE we just have to stick together. And as always I will go my own personal saying, " WE WILL WIN AS A TEAM AND WE WILL LOSE AS A TEAM."

OrangeNation, "WE WILL WIN AS A TEAM AND WE WILL LOSE AS A TEAM" I've heard that one many many times before so dont say that it is yours because its not. And as for your little brother pj or dj or whatever it is nobody really cares. My friends told me that he wasnt all great and that u guys-brothers were jacks and i know you like reading this but i dont really care. so good luck to u jacks.

OrangeNation, "WE WILL WIN AS A TEAM AND WE WILL LOSE AS A TEAM" I've heard that one many many times before so dont say that it is yours because its not. And as for your little brother pj or dj or whatever it is nobody really cares. My friends told me that he wasnt all great and that u guys-brothers were jacks and i know you like reading this but i dont really care. so good luck to u jacks.

Well who do you like? Probley a school that aint so good themselves. BTW your just beeing a jerk on here. If you cant say nothing half way decent dont say nothing at all. Shannons will both go to college on basketball and I have a feeling probley more. Maybe not NBA but they are good ball players.