Wartburg

orangenation16

Alrighty Phil... on the schedule we play coalfield twice each year, once at their place and once at ours... this year we played them at their place first, every other time coach layne has taken us down to play at their place first... we have lost, but we won this year, understand now? GHScherokee, i know you played us the second game of the year... what game did you play rockwood?

Alright thanks for clearing that up. Rockwood is a great team; they always are. But this year Wartburg is playing with a lot of spunk. Rockwood just barely held off Harriman who is another great team. But the score was in the 30's. Wartburg will want to play a shoot out. This game will come down to who can score the most, and i give my vote to Wartburg because they have a balanced game and you never know what they are gonna try to do. Work the ball in with Melton or Let Jeremy and trav and Ray run with it? BTW Didn't DJ get hurt the greenback game? that was in the third i think.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well put Phillip. Rockwood is a very talented team, but if you don't play defense against them or any good shooting team like Wartburg and Rockwood, then they're going to give you fits. People talk about how good of an offensive team Wartburg is; what they dont mention is their defensive intensity. Coalfield is the only team to score over fifty so far in their season; that should tell how well the bulldogs are playing defense. I know they have only played Midway, Sunbright, Greenback, and Coalfield, and they are not too well shooting the ball, but in 4 of the last 5 games holding their opponent to under 50 tells me that Wartburg can play on both sides of the ball. I think Rockwood will be Wartburg's biggest test in the regular season too, but they won't be big enough. Wartburg wins 73-64. Good Luck Dogs!

Edited by basketball101

This thread keeps getting more stupid by the minute. I agree that wartburg is good, i'll even say their the best in the district, but they will not go undefeated (Kennesaw Mtn will wipe the floor with them), and if their not careful Pickett will beat them too. Wartburg might just make state but they will not win it all, their is a little team called middleton that will walk away with this one so why don't you guys take my advice and worry about your next game against LC and quit worrying about region and state. :thumb:

Edited by rufus22

I think that the Lenoir City win said alot for this wartburg team. I thought that this would be their toughest test, besides kennesaw mtn., and I figured if wartburg was going to prove themselves it would be that game. They definitely proved that they can play as a TEAM. I have got to give hats off to Anthony Rogers for knocking down those free throws coming off the bench. Just like you said Dogs 101 every single person played together as a team and stepped up big time! Congratulations dogs! Keep it up!

GO DOGS!!!!!!

Edited by basketball101