Wartburg

orangenation16

Well, Wartburg needs to stay together as a team and play as a team. Otherwise, you can forget the chances of a State apearance. Personally, I think you guys don't play as team. I've saw some of the players looked over as the rotation goes around. I can understand trying to draw a foul, but maybe someone needs to kick the ball out or in the open man.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well who do you like? Probley a school that aint so good themselves. BTW your just beeing a jerk on here. If you cant say nothing half way decent dont say nothing at all. Shannons will both go to college on basketball and I have a feeling probley more. Maybe not NBA but they are good ball players.

Jeremy Shannon may have the ability to play at the college level....(he is talented) ...but, college coaches already know the wrap on him.... He is not a team player. They are not going to recruit someone who walks off the floor and asks the bookkeeper how many points he has in the game (happened at Oneida). They are not going to recruit someone who doesnt have the discipline to not get "T's" in a game (he already has at least one). They are not going to recruit someone who is supposed to be the leader of a team with his teammates getting "T's" in a game. You cant impress college coaches by being selfish and undisciplined. And you cant impress college coaches by getting on coacht and talking junk. And then when you talk junk you misspell words?? You think college coaches dont read this?? I know for a FACT that they do. Were not talking about D-1 either. There hasnt been a D-1 player in that district since Rodney West and Troy Yaden. And to get into d-3 schools you have to have a 24 or 25 on your ACT. People who score 25's on their ACT dont misspell words when they are talking smack. There is more to prepping yourself for college than just putting up points....and speaking of points....

You have to put up at least 30 a night to even get coaches to come to Morgan County. And putting up 30 a night against single A competition still might not be enough to get it done. It not like Wartburg is playing Memphis East and Science Hill every night..... they are playing Sunbright and Oakdale. Do you really think if you cant get 30 a night in this district, that you can play at the college level??

Nope.

Not trying to hate on Jeremy... trying to help him. I wish him the best. The kid has talent.... probably enough to walk on somewhere at a juco or D-3. Playing in college is not like playing AAU or Single A basketball. It is playing against the best basketball players in America. 99.9% of high school basketball players never play in college.... lets hope he can become one of the few players to ever play in college out of morgan county and not ruin it by his actions on and off the court.

Wartburg played an excellent game tonight against Coalfield which was expected. After all, Coalfield has not won a game all year. It seemed as though Wartburg played as a team and won as a team. My freshmen boys (Shawn and Caleb) got to come in early in the game and handled themselves well.

There is always a lot of talk on here of course about the Shannon's, which from what I've seen of them are great ball players. You must be doing something right if everyone seems to constantly talk about you. And sometimes persecution comes from jealousy--yes that's directed to all of you who constantly dog the Shannon's. And it also seems that Jason Melton gets some attention every now and then. He is a BIG 'OL BOY and he uses that to his advantage and is an excellent player.

But someone who I don't see much discussion about is the stand-out junior, Travis Nelson. I personally think that he played an excellent game tonight. He definately knows the meaning of team ball and made some awesome passes tonight (along with Jeremy); busted a three; just seems like he's got a lot going for him....more than I see him getting credit for.

The Bulldogs are on the right track. It's always nice to go 5-0 to kick the season in gear. It is now that I would prescribe something to make sure the swelling of the heads stays down. If they keep playing team ball this is going to be a great season!!! GO BULLDOGS!!!

Yeah, the game tonight was a good ol fashion rumble... but I loved every second of it!! Coalfield is the first team this year to score over 50 points... it's a shame, but it had to happen sometime. O yeah, I just love all this talk about so many individuals right after someone on the team makes a comment about teamwork, so if we're gonna talk individuals, make sure not to leave other important names out too, it's always nice to get some recognition, and I think i've only heard 5 or 6 names on here constantly, spread the love ya'll. Peace.

Shawn Langley scored 9 last night. This is surprising because he came off the bench. And The rest of the players off the bench played great to. All chipped in a lil. BTW Last night I seen Steven Gunter shoot alot of shoots that were not essantail. He could of passed it around a lil more instead of shooting bad shots trying to draw fouls. Jeremy put up 24 Gunter 12??? Which one is played better? Which team won? BTW Coalfield had 4 seniors on JV and still got beat 81-51. Wartburg Boys just gave Coalfield an ole fashion whoopin'. Congrats to Coach Layne For his first win At Coalfield. I believe.

Edited by philip2003

Alrighty Phil... on the schedule we play coalfield twice each year, once at their place and once at ours... this year we played them at their place first, every other time coach layne has taken us down to play at their place first... we have lost, but we won this year, understand now? GHScherokee, i know you played us the second game of the year... what game did you play rockwood?