District 14a

JWhumboldt

Looks like nobody is giving Humboldt any kind of chance to be # 1 or 2. Several people are saying 4th and even 5th. 1A must be a whole lot tougher than I thought it was! :D Should Humboldt even show up against Union City and Lake County, or just forfeit those two? :lol:

JW Humbolt...You may as well show up..Humbolt may be the best team..This district looks to be loaded...West Tenn said U.C looked awesome and by your last post,it looks like you saw them against Bolivar...Everyone seems to be in agreement about U.C....But...I saw Humbolt play in the Christmas tournament against Trenton last year and Humbolt looked really good..I know Humbolt lost a couple players but I keep reading about the transfer student and that they beat Dyersburg pretty good in a scrimmage...So I'm not counting you guys out...I also know that even though Weddle had 27 points against Bolivar,that he will have some bad nights also...Lake Co lives by the three for the most part and they didn't really shoot the ball well against Dyer Co..Again..I know there are going to be some nights that U.C.,Humbolt,Lake Co.,Halls may not shoot well...They may still win against a lot of teams..but against teams that I mentioned and against teams like Middle College,Middleton,etc..we had all better bring our game that night or we will all be coming home with losses...I still believe all the teams in our district will suffer a couple losses in the district,maybe more..Lake Co plays an athletic Brighton team Thursday night at Brighton and at Lake Co . Saturday night against Middle College in what should be one of the best early season games of the year..It could also result in two losses if we aren't ready...So..even if U.C. is the best team in the district..we may as well at least show up..

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Lake Co, Union City, and Humboldt play each other... the talent levels are so close, that whoever gets the calls and does the little things will win. I know Humboldt's team was badly disappointed when our HOF game against Middleton was cancelled. We scrimmaged Liberty and Dyersburg last week, blowing Dyersburg out and beating Liberty by 1. Liberty beat us by 1 point at the end of the summer also. I feel like we can compete with them night in night out. I would've sure liked to see the Middleton game to see how we stacked up against some of the best in 1A though! Our first good tests won't be until Nov 29 at Trenton and Dec 2 against Union City. In my opinion we don't have a strong enough schedule, but when you have as many district games as we have to play, that takes up a lot of the schedule. It's also difficult for a program to have any extra funds when they cancel the big "$ Gate $" games. All that leaves you with are the out of state games. I seen where Lake Co is playing some out of state games. How many regular season games do yall play?

im just wonderin, but does anyone agree with me that lake county will be tryin to beat Union City at the game Union City plas best?????? UC and LC are running team, right? but who is better??????

LC played a very deliberate, slow, half-court game last night. I thought LC was more of a running team, but they didn't show it against Frayser.

I will say this -- if LC plays like they did last night, Union City will run them out of the gym. Of course, Whitby will say something like, "It's all part of the plan." He's got something up his sleeve, don't know just what yet.

There are always supporters and haters of coaches in the high school ranks. As far as the situation at SF and Coach Drivers abilities, he did have a kid named Trey Pearson on the team in 4 of 5 state tourney appearances including the GOLD ball season. How soon we forget?

LC is a run & gun team, but last night proves that they can successfully slow the game down. They may play slow ball against teams like UC. Whitby will have something figured out by the time they play UC. He'll know just what to do...

ROX - As for Driver & SF, he is a good coach, & he's had good players which means winning seasons which means fan support, but as soon as he had a couple of off seasons, it suddenly became all his fault. :lol:

Who do you predict to finish 1st through 10th and why? Who are key players on each team and how deep will each team's bench go? Trying to learn a little since we're dropping down into this district have have only played a few of these teams recently. Any comments appreciated. I do believe the State Champion will come out of this District.

Bradford

Dresden

Gleason

Greenfield

Halls

Humboldt

Lake Co

South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>

Trenton Peabody

Union City

Lake County will be ranked alot higher than that!!!

I'm not real fond of the green/gold color scheme....Especially after yesterday...I'm glad to hear you guys came of the 50's with an upgrade on the gym...I guess the last time I was in the gym was when Stanley Caldwell was a senior and Rodney Bonds was a junior...A few years back...Union City won that game by 35-40 and Caldwell and Bonds didn't make the trip...

:thumb:

Union City has given their gym a touch-up or two also since these two teams played.....Check out those 3 state championship banners while you are there...

Opinions are like buttholes.......

Have you idiots not learned from your lesson about downgrading UC and talking about how good your team is on the football boards?

I hate to break it to you but UC is not the best team in the country. I get sick of people saying that LC is bigheaded and is too confident or whatever.We have a great team and may possibly go all the way. I'm not saying that UC isnt a good team but i highly doubt that u should be AS cocky as you are? And have any of you seen LC play? I guess will find out when the time comes!!

I hate to break it to you but UC is not the best team in the country. I get sick of people saying that LC is bigheaded and is too confident or whatever.We have a great team and may possibly go all the way. I'm not saying that UC isnt a good team but i highly doubt that u should be AS cocky as you are? And have any of you seen LC play? I guess will find out when the time comes!!

Who said they are the best team in the country???...Although I undersatnd why you say it,Coach Whitby says it alot about teams they play...Heard it plenty while he was at OC...

Don't be surprised if Union City loses at least 6-7 games before the first of the year..It's not because they are not good,they are playing very good teams....Also two of the games were HOF games that they didn't have to count as losses,but they did...The football players will be back at the latest for the Marshall County Hoopfest..That would be the day after Union City wins the state championship in football....Union City is VERY good and all that the football players being away means is they are building very good and much needed depth..5 football players play basketball...Union City is much more than M.Weddle although he does have 27,23 and 28 points in his first 3 games....This is a LOADED district,the best by far in the state..It should be fun to watch these teams battle it out every night...

Oh By The Way...Watch out for those Lady Tornadoes,they just broke a 27 game losing streak to the Lady Rebels of Obion County Central 50-44...Never was behind in the game...