Region 1

Cowboy Curtis

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will be interesting will be to see who the teams that will be going to the state duals? You guys mentioned DB, Greeneville, Crockett, and Science Hill. That's 3 from one district and 1 from the other. Who's the second place team in District One?

Anyway, next topic.....Region 1 will be well represented with medalists - Caleb Myers (GRN), Bo Usary (SH), and Ethan Henley (SH). You've also got to believe that Garmer (DC), Mitchell (SH), Buchanan (SH), Felty (BN), Ricker (GRN), Robbins (JC), Williams (SH), Williamson (SH), Paddock (DC), Jones (SE), Lil' Usary (SH), Murray (SH), Sneed (GRN), Webb (KPT), Bowman (GRN), (and probably others that I have forgotten in my increasing age) will make some noise at the state tournament.

Good Luck to all Region One wrestlers. I see this as a great year for our Region.

I would guess that Jefferson County will be the other team from District 1, but they won't be able to beat Crockett, DB, Science Hill, or Greenville. I also heard that Gut is no longer coaching so who knows.

Did Gut step aside to spend more time with his family? Who will be the new assistant at Jeff?

That program shoould be better than their performances, when you have 3 feeder schools you should have talent coming in each year.