Elizabethton Lady Cyclones

coachh17

Hey boys, I could use some help on the Public vs. Private Split thread on the Public vs. Private Debate forum if you don't mind.

Sorry, coachh, but I've been skint, scalped, lynched, tared-n-feathered, rode-hard-n'-put-up-wet, hung out to dry and , well, you get my drift. I occasionally venture into that realm - only to READ - but get so upset that I ....well, I won't even talk about the Medications.

And I actually agree (99% of course; gotta reserve an out for future arguments) with your thoughts on Depth. I think the key to the coach's confidence in the player, is at least as much the role of the coach; he or she can gain the confidence of the player(s) by expressing the need of the team for that player to excel. These gals are very fragile, even the All Stars; and the coach can plant that critical seed of faith. In turn, the player will work even harder to that end. Or something like that. ;)

Hope to see ya'll next Friday. We'll have a rock fight.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lady Cyclones blasted Kingston tonight 50-19. It was only a seven point game at the half (21-14) but the cyclones held the yellow jackets scoreless in the third quarter while tallying 12, so it was 33-14 heading into the fourth. Kingston pressed the whole game but except for a few early turnovers, the cyclones handled it well. Talk about depth: the cyclones played 10 players in the first half alone. Very balanced scoring with only one player (Bush) in double figures with 10. All 12 players saw significant action and 10 scored. Good couple of nights in Kingston for the Lady Cyclones. Next up is Mitchell County wednesday in the Happy Valley Thanksgiving tournament.

Coachh17:

It pains me to disagree with you, but in the interest of clarity I must.

The seniors had six points not eight.

Seriously, both contributed in other ways. Cameron running the club at point, handling and distributing the ball. Eden rebounding and passing. And both of them playing great defense. This is a very unselfish team that appears to have good chemistry.

Thanks, I must have missed a bucket. I know Cameron and Eden played well and will give this team points, rebounds, defense, and ballhandling all year. They will also lead this team. I was just letting #42 know our underclassmen did plenty of damage in the Kingston game. The two seniors are the last two I had at TAD, so I hold them in high esteem.

You are right Mrs B. Varsity actually had 14 two weeks ago, but two juniors, both varsity returnees, quit, so down to 12 now. Also had two promising sophs decide not to play this year. Its a very competitive situation which is good for the program, but its sad to see some of these kids hang it up.

It is sad to see players, true players, hang it up, but in the same breath I would say the TEAM will be better off having had those young ladies step down. Nothing against either one of them, but thier situation would have worsened had they stayed. A good TEAM attitude is more important than any individuals. 12 is actually a good number to handle, barring injuries and illnesses. If you look down at the JV team, I believe you could find a couple more that are capable of playing the game at the varsity level, leaving the situation very managable. Who wouldn't want to coach these ladies. They are competitors and a very young team. :thumb: