Gomab Player Rankings?

redandwhiteforever

gomab

saying seth is better at football than basketball might be a stretch- I think he might enjoy football more than basketball- but when you have stanford and UT after you...kinda hard to say... AT TEMPLE- he will play power forward- point guard shooting guard- he is a better shooter than either one of his older brothers- definately stronger- not as smooth as caleb- but smoother than jake- if he played college ball he would play 2 or 3- being 6'4''-

the fr. skogen- plays alot like caleb- good handles good shot- but one of the toughest and strongest kids for his age- best defense for a freshman I have seen.. and no joke UT- sent him an information letter as well...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and no joke UT- sent him an information letter as well...

do you know how many information letters they send out a year? I know some people who haven't been playing a respective sport for a year and they get a letter of information like that.

So I take it we get another year of Temple fans claiming how great another Skogen is?

There is no way Seth Skogan could play Tennessee or Sanford. Seth couldnt play UTC. I see him going with football or NAIA basketball. To slow to play a 2 or 3 in big time b-ball he was to slow to guard Parshall last year and Parshall isnt exactly a very quick player.

P.S. Just cause u get a letter and packet of info isnt heavily recruited.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

Seth Skogen is not quite good enough to play at UTK or Stanford. To be honest, he won't play at UTC either. It's not that he is not good enough or skilled, he just is stuck in a bad spot. He is basically a 6-3 PF. He isn't quick enough to play on the perimeter (At least in college), and isn't tall enough to play in the post. I agree with what Gomab has heard, he is a better football than basketball player. Also, to say he is smoother than Jake is completely inaccurate. I think Jake is the best of the three, with Caleb a close second. Seth, at least in my mind, is a distant third basketball wise. However, he is still a good player. And just to stop any people who would accuse me of "hating Temple and the Skogens," I thought Jake was the best player in Chattanooga his junior AND senior years.

Edited by bball1984

There is no way Seth Skogan could play Tennessee or Sanford. Seth couldnt play UTC. I see him going with football or NAIA basketball. To slow to play a 2 or 3 in big time b-ball he was to slow to guard Parshall last year and Parshall isnt exactly a very quick player.

Whatever . . .

I guess we'll see how good he is in just a few weeks, won't we?

a look in the minds of temple fans:

SKOGEN=GOD

seems like every year all we hear about from these people is skogen this skogen that...looks like the skogens couldnt carry them through the state last year...what about other people on their team? they will be down this year...

Whatever . . . . to you, too.

funny what if you get about 3-4 letters a week- not like recruiting crap but like from every single one of the assistant coaches- the strength and conditioning coach- the nutrition dude- and the head coach- and phone calls- does this count as being recruited- YOU are not stanford or UTK's recruiter- in fact you do no recruiting AT ALL- they obviously think he is good enough to play there- and that is BEFORE HIS JUNIOR YEAR HAS STARTED- and I know mercer as well as liberty and carson newman as well as gardner webb are looking at him for basketball as well as football- THESE ARE FACTS- and these are all DIV-1 schools-

know things b/f you talk...

Seth Skogen is not quite good enough to play at UTK or Stanford. To be honest, he won't play at UTC either. It's not that he is not good enough or skilled, he just is stuck in a bad spot. He is basically a 6-3 PF. He isn't quick enough to play on the perimeter (At least in college), and isn't tall enough to play in the post. I agree with what Gomab has heard, he is a better football than basketball player. Also, to say he is smoother than Jake is completely inaccurate. I think Jake is the best of the three, with Caleb a close second. Seth, at least in my mind, is a distant third basketball wise. However, he is still a good player. And just to stop any people who would accuse me of "hating Temple and the Skogens," I thought Jake was the best player in Chattanooga his junior AND senior years.

How can you call him a distant third when he has racked up better stats and more awards in his first 3 years on the varsity (playing the 7th man as an 8th grader, on temple's last state champ team)? HE HASN"T EVEN PLAYED HIS JUNIOR YEAR YET!!!!- as a sophomore no he was not the quickest- (he is very fast though) - but he was playing alongside caleb- one of the quickest pt. gaurds in the area.... I didn't see anyone that stopped seth last year-

how many did he have in the region championship game? 28 or 30, MVP award as a soph- jacob and caleb never did that- ask mr. skogen who is the best of the three at their respective ages- or coach wadley- I think they will agree with me....

funny what if you get about 3-4 letters a week- not like recruiting crap but like from every single one of the assistant coaches- the strength and conditioning coach- the nutrition dude- and the head coach- and phone calls- does this count as being recruited- YOU are not stanford or UTK's recruiter- in fact you do no recruiting AT ALL- they obviously think he is good enough to play there- and that is BEFORE HIS JUNIOR YEAR HAS STARTED- and I know mercer as well as liberty and carson newman as well as gardner webb are looking at him for basketball as well as football- THESE ARE FACTS- and these are all DIV-1 schools-

know things b/f you talk...

Your right people from Temple should no alot more about recruiting than me... The point I am raising is what is Tennessee or Stanford (or any divison one team for that matter) gonna to with a 6'3 PF? He is two slow to play a 2 or 3 and would be a major liability on the defensive side of the court on any division 1 team. If Seth signs D1 basketball I will be the first to admitt I was wrong.