Gomab Player Rankings?

redandwhiteforever

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gomab,

Did you ever get to see Toylon Smith or Kelsey Rose from Humboldt play any/enough for them to be in your rankings? We also have a talented 6'5 Junior nobody has seen yet, that can play any position.

I dont know how many people have seen Kelsey Rose play, but he's got some skills. By the way where did Shivers go to school at? I work with coach Boykins' son, all he told me was some junior college.

Gomab, you do a good job. You definitely give kids exposure when they would not under normal cirmustances. Hey if someone else wants to put a list together let them. Its easy to criticize the author, but can you write your own book. I don't see anyone alse putting the time and effort you do into it. Again keep doing what you do. Ignore the haters. Everybody wants their player to be ranked high or is the best player in the world. You ranked Demarco Polk(who played for you ballerz team) high who went on to be Mr. Basketball and led his team to the state tourney. There are numerous examples. People will only pigeonhole the few negative aspects. Keep up the good work. Of course I always rank Whites Creek players high, I am definitely biased, but I won't criticize you for not ranking them as high as I do. All I can do is lobby in there favor.

Oh my. This is just the problem today...if someone disagrees with your 'daddy' then they are a hater??? And if Gomab can't stand the heat then get out the kitchen. You put yourself out like that especially when it concerns other people and you think there aint gonna be criticism??? Get real. Name one person in the history of the world the has done something public and not had to stand his or her ground verse criticism? And this means you are a hater??? I think for even saying this one must be immature and possibly an idiot. Gomab has placed himself as an expert, maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but you can't argue that he has worked to make himself look so, with that comes responsiblity and criticism, if he is sure he is fair, then he doesn't need to be defensive, he has nothing to defend, the adverse is true as well.

Oh my. This is just the problem today...if someone disagrees with your 'daddy' then they are a hater??? And if Gomab can't stand the heat then get out the kitchen. You put yourself out like that especially when it concerns other people and you think there aint gonna be criticism??? Get real. Name one person in the history of the world the has done something public and not had to stand his or her ground verse criticism? And this means you are a hater??? I think for even saying this one must be immature and possibly an idiot. Gomab has placed himself as an expert, maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but you can't argue that he has worked to make himself look so, with that comes responsiblity and criticism, if he is sure he is fair, then he doesn't need to be defensive, he has nothing to defend, the adverse is true as well.

So let me get this straight. You complain first of all about Gomab supposedly skating around the question. Then, you start saying that if hes fair, he really dont have to defend himself???????? So you just want him to not respond whenever a person like you comes along and demands answers? Sounds like a two-face to me.

Gomab's rankings arent perfect, but then again, who is? Its easy to rank a top 10 for the area or a district or a region, but gomab rankings are for the entire state regardless of class. Just think for a second, he doesnt do it by classification, just by their graduation years/ class year, that is a ton of players across the state that Gomab rates every year, he doesnt paid to do it, but he loves tennessee high school and put these rankings on this site because there are enough fans who love his rankings, despite people such as yourself. Gomab works a job outside of what he does with the rankings, so you can imagine how much sleep he gets. And like I said, he doesnt get paid for this, just gets feedback from those of us who appreciate his rankings. Support Gomab and his rankings for what they really are, a celebration of high school basketball in this great state

I'm waiting on your list.......................I'll be waiting. You proved my point. And you are an expert of what, I seemed to have missed that in your post.

Oakland[/url]Grad' post='825820419' date='Nov 9 2005 - 07:12 AM']

So let me get this straight. You complain first of all about Gomab supposedly skating around the question. Then, you start saying that if hes fair, he really dont have to defend himself???????? So you just want him to not respond whenever a person like you comes along and demands answers? Sounds like a two-face to me.

Gomab's rankings arent perfect, but then again, who is? Its easy to rank a top 10 for the area or a district or a region, but gomab rankings are for the entire state regardless of class. Just think for a second, he doesnt do it by classification, just by their graduation years/ class year, that is a ton of players across the state that Gomab rates every year, he doesnt paid to do it, but he loves tennessee high school and put these rankings on this site because there are enough fans who love his rankings, despite people such as yourself. Gomab works a job outside of what he does with the rankings, so you can imagine how much sleep he gets. And like I said, he doesnt get paid for this, just gets feedback from those of us who appreciate his rankings. Support Gomab and his rankings for what they really are, a celebration of high school basketball in this great state

Ok. You are right, his rankings aren't perfect, but then you say, "but then again who is?" We aren't talking about people, "who is" we are talking about rankings.

The rest of your post is babble, who cares how much sleep he gets, what does that have to do with anything? And maybe he shouldn't be doing the whole state, maybe he should only do those kids that he sees often, in his own area. No one asks him to do this, so if he doesn't get paid, or has to work another job, what does any of that have to do with the discussion? AND, what are Gomabs rankings???? "A celebration of high school basketball" or the opinions of one man about basketball in this great state?

fatchance never said there weren't people who love his rankings, in fact fatchance never said HE doesn't love to read the rankings. fatchance does think that Gomab is not the god of Tn basketball and that he has criteria that tilt his rankings...that's it, not such a difficult thing to admit. So I do agree with you, let his rankings be what they really are...

Oakland[/url'>Grad' date='Nov 9 2005 - 07:12 AM' post='825820419']

OaklandGrad, the question that was asked was two fold: first, whether or not Gomab sees all the players he ranks and then second, does he critique players he has seen only once or twice against kids he sees a bunch. At first those questions were not answered, then they were by Gomab saying that he sees "most" of the players he ranks, in other words, NO. He doesn't see ALL the players he ranks. He did say he relies on the opinion of others. fatchance fails to see what is so twofaced about that?

fatchance, I find it hard to believe you have been on this site for three years and don't have a little bit more respect for the job gomab does. The only other person that can compete with his knowledge of Tennessee high school boys basketball is Andre Whitehead. Both of them rely on the opinions of others to complete their rankings. They can only be at one place at any time. Which one of your boys (maybe you) was left off. My guess is they were racking up their 25 point against the Podunk Mustangs in single A in some backwoods gym and now you think they can compete with Wright or Young or Kemp. When you can compare players from all classifications and all areas of the state, then argue. Until then, just wait on the rankings and see if Billy Joe Jim Bob from Podunk made it.

fatchance, I find it hard to believe you have been on this site for three years and don't have a little bit more respect for the job gomab does. The only other person that can compete with his knowledge of Tennessee high school boys basketball is Andre Whitehead. Both of them rely on the opinions of others to complete their rankings. They can only be at one place at any time. Which one of your boys (maybe you) was left off. My guess is they were racking up their 25 point against the Podunk Mustangs in single A in some backwoods gym and now you think they can compete with Wright or Young or Kemp. When you can compare players from all classifications and all areas of the state, then argue. Until then, just wait on the rankings and see if Billy Joe Jim Bob from Podunk made it.

Eagle79, thanks for weighing in! The reason I don't bow to gomab is because I have been on here for three years and watched very carefully. Don't get your panties in a wad, I aint saying he doesn't know anything, but I am saying he doesn't know everything. Remember, breadth of knowledge doesn't equate to depth of knowledge. I agree you can only be in one place at a time, so don't speak as though you are everywhere. I wasn't left out, I am old enough to be your dad, and for that matter, probably Gomabs dad. I aint gotta horse in this race, my horses are elsewhere. But thank you for making the point that single A ball don't mean much. That is the problem your main man has as well. Single A is a joke, I know...and all you guys who play at the "big" schools is the real deal!!! At least you and Gomab agree on that, I aint even sure why they play single A ball, its an embarrasment to the game, and all those kids shouldn't even call themselves basketball players. I will bet you can't stay on the court with'em, not the ones I have seen play. Gomab has his bias, I aint faulting him for it, everyone does, but all yall need to admit it as well and here they are for ya, and this after three years of reading:

1. West over East

2. His players over not his players

3. His camps over all other camps

4. Everything over Single A

Hey everyone's got'em. These are his, no biggie, I aint' upset with him, he does what he thinks is best, fatchance just aint enamored with him like you dudes are.