• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53, 43,11, 25, and 15 are juniors

45,5,23,35 are sophs

51 is a freshman

21 and 41 are seniors

In the scoring against Kingston 44 of the 50 were scored by juniors, sophs and freshman. Both seniors, especially 21, are capable of big scoring nights. The thing this team has this year is balance.

Edited by CycloneFan

Kingston lost to Carter 64-60. The score at half was something like 41-19. The first half was a joke. Kingston continually turned the ball over by making stupid passes. They struggled getting the ball up court when Carter pressed them. I've never seen a team that has so much trouble catching a ball, this lead to several turnovers as well. During the first half, Kingston was out hustled. Carter did extremely well on the boards, it looked like the Lady Jackets were just there to watch as nobody was making much of an effort to get a rebound. It was so bad that even when Carter was shooting freethrows and we had the inside box position for a rebound, Carter was able to get around our posts and out rebound them leading to more scoring opportunities. I know this sounds bad, but on the positive side, Kingston did demonstrate a no quit attitude by making a comeback in the second half. They scored 41 pts vs. 19 in the first half. They did a much better job pressing Carter and breaking Carters press as well. Bottom line is this, until the lady jackets figure out what it takes to become a winner by going back and mastering the fundamentals of basketball, i.e., passing, catching, boxing out and rebounding, setting picks and dribbling, they will continue to make Jr. High mistakes and continue to lose to teams they should be beating!!

Did anyone see this game last night? I'm curious about what their opinion is of Kingstons performance? I know their a young team but thats no excuse for making the mistakes they seem to continually make. A high school team, wheather the players are Freshman or Seniors, should be able to pass, catch and dribble the ball. Your thoughts???

The lady Jackets lost another one Friday morning to Rutledge, 44-57. Again, they had no outside shooting and no one did much on defense.

They played Clinton Saturday morning and they won a close one, 50-49. Kingston was down one with about 12 seconds left, they pressed and Smith recoved a lose ball at half court, passed it to Jennifer Givens who drove it to the foul line. She missed the shot but Smith got the rebound and put it back up for the win. Kingston played a pretty good ballgame but Clinton is young also and seems to be rebuilding just like the lady jackets. Gentry and Smith lead the Jackets with 19 pts each. When they are playing good, those two seem to compliment each others game. As a team, they still need someone to step up and become the outside shooter. The fact that no one has demonstrated they can shoot from outside consistently continues to be a major problem for them, although Alisha Martin did hit a clutch 3 pointer at the end of the game to give the Jackets the opportunity to win the game.

The Lady Jackets play their first District Game Tuesday night at Scott County. This should be a pretty good game. Parks and Fielden need to step up and start hitting their 3 pointers and Gentry and Smith will need to crash the boards in order for the Lady Jackets to win Tuesday. Good luck ladies.

I agree with bballnuts, Kingston must become a better outside shooting team for them to compete. They just dont have the size inside. Gentry and Martin are Sophmores and Smith is a Freshman. These 3 are doing a fair job but not having an outside threat, lets opposing teams sink their defense into the paint making it difficult to get the ball inside. From what I've seen, Thearp, Parks and Fielden can shoot the 3 but are struggling with consistency. Once they get on track, the offense will be able to spread the opposing defense some allowing them to get the ball inside to the post players who can score. Scott County should be a decent test for the Lady Jackets.

I really dont know how well Kingston will do this year but I would like to say something about Brooke! I have played with her in the past and she is not all that people make her out to be! Now I am not saying that she is a bad player or isnt good. She does crack under pressure and she may be a good rebounder but when we played together and when I have watched her she likes to fall some when she does get the rebound which will cause a turn over because of a walk! I will give her props though she has gotten better over the years. Also, I think Katie is a good player she seems to know what she is doing out there.Anyways good luck to everyone this year!