Ooltewah @ Dobyns Bennett

SergeantOwl22

Good game DB! I gotta give it to your players and coaches they never quit. Showed alot of heart. I think Ooltewah showed they deserved to win. For the most part Ooltewah controlled the line of scrimmage. Please Coaches, PLEASE scrap the prevent, it almost prevented you from advancing. Go back to work boys, Farragut is not going to be an easy game either. Here is your chance to avenge one of the losses.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know that i would say db is going to be loaded next year. granted, most of their skill players and defensive backfield is coming back, however both lines are losing ALOT. after all, that is where the close games are won...

That's the area I'm worried about for next year also. Hopefully we'll have some rising juniors and maybe even a soph step up (I know current soph Henson started a few games on the OL toward the end of the season).

Hey Owls,

It sounded like DB really was doing some hitting on Defense. A few times the Owl backs were slow to get up. DB is a small but stinger type D. Ooltewah talked a great deal about the hitting last year when they lost to DB. I feel like DB was coming after your backs and did some good hitting last night.

I read in your other thread bud where DB slowed the run game when they put 11 people in the box. I don't understand why Ooltewah just didn't dump it out to a Tight End or Running Back. When DB was blitzing EVERYONE, I think a few of those passes for loong gains would have helped open up the running game again. But oh well, good job to DB's defense for making the adjustments when needed! They'll b good next year for sure!

Hey grad, remember my PM I sent to you? I was almost right on the money for a bit there. I don't know if you knew grad, but Bo (QB) had a hair line fracture in his leg against Sevier Co. They held him out until last week and last week we did not pass much. He started passing and was off the mark on some wide open passes (some woulda been TD's)

I feel like he started getting back in the groove those last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter. Even that pass in OT that was intercepted was thrown alright, Caldwell used his speed to step in front of the receiver. I guess it was not so much a mistake at all, just an awesome move by Caldwell.

Hey grad, remember my PM I sent to you? I was almost right on the money for a bit there. I don't know if you knew grad, but Bo (QB) had a hair line fracture in his leg against Sevier Co. They held him out until last week and last week we did not pass much. He started passing and was off the mark on some wide open passes (some woulda been TD's)

I feel like he started getting back in the groove those last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter. Even that pass in OT that was intercepted was thrown alright, Caldwell used his speed to step in front of the receiver. I guess it was not so much a mistake at all, just an awesome move by Caldwell.

Bo waited a bit too long to throw his last pass and he also put a bit too much air under it. I think the timing was slowed when an Owl LB dropped a bit. It was probably the worst pass he threw all night. As you said, a great play by Caldwell, too. I liked the play call, but it just didn't work out.

I was preparing my consolation speech with about 5 minutes left in the fourth when DB's passing game came to life. Bo certainly threw the ball well in crunchtime.

DB had their WRs open all night but we just couldn't complete the long passes when the opportunity presented itself.

Pappas and the defense played their tails off. Hats off to them. Defense made the necessary adjustments and got the turnovers when they needed to. Defense certainly delivered some painful hits.

It stinks to lose. I hate knowing that we wont be playing next week. I hate it for the kids because I know they worked very hard and overcame alot. Regardless I am still very proud of the year's Tribe.

Oh, well. Best of luck to the Owls. I thought your defensive front and LBs really played well.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Sounds like this was a very exciting game. I call Grad and hear that its 17-3 with about 5 min left and im for sure Ooltewah was gonna take it. I get to my friends house and check coach t and i see its tied up and going to OT. I couldn't believe it but thats why we play the full game. Anything can happen. Congrats to DB on a good year, which a lot of people didn't expect you to do as much as you did. Go get Farragut Ooltewah. :thumb:

That was an amazing game,and an amazing job by DB to come back and stay in the game.When this is supposed to be a down year and you all only lose 1 game and get ranked as high as second in the state,that's amazing.Hats off to the coaching staff and the players for that.

Db's defense has carried them all year and kept them in this game.Pappas is awesome,he's all over the field,every game,but surprisingly Ooltewah's defense made the play of the game.And that was an amazing pick,it almost seemed to me like Burton kind of just flipped the ball,he seemed a little nervous in the situation,but he still played awesome.I wish I could but I can't say a bad thing about DB or that game or anything.Congrats to Ooltewah and its too bad that DB's season has to end.Good luck to everybody.