White House @ Polk Co.

polk_wildcat

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY WATCH IT, that center is another one of my adopted son's and he's missed a LOT of ball this season, the Center is going to finish this season as the picture of health.

I gave him this direct order, and he is a good kid, he does as he is told, so don't be talking about the center making any mistakes, I love that boy.

I love you Jonathan,

Your Other Maw....

I think the world of Jonathan too. I am glad he is back and a picture of health.

He's a great center! :blink:

Okay Dandy, I'm going to try a verse or two myself. Not that creative but here goes. Put this to the tune of "We're the Monkees" (showing my age).

Here we come,

we're on a playoff streak

We just earn respect from

everyone we beat.

Hey, hey, we're the Devils

and people say we're Boro Bound

But for now we're too busy streakin'

for five or six more touchdowns!

Okay, Polk are you ready? In about twenty four hours the Blue Devils will roll into town. When you see us, you'll know who we are. We're going to turn Polk County Blue and White all of the fans roaming around down there. Just look for the big WH. We got cars painted, horns honking, flags waving and that's not to mention that that Rowdy Bunch that have got bleach bottles that will drive you insane. We got 11 boys on the field that will come out strutting and you'll see head bobbing pro-bowl dances in the endzone. Yeah, if we got anything, we've got "tude".

We got Ladd, Hargrove and West, and by the end of the game, you'll know their numbers. Yeah get ready Polk County, cause the Devils are about to invade your town. When we're hot, we're hot! And when you're not, YOU'RE not. :(

White House wins big 34-10

Before you blow through Benton raising haiti's you might want to slow down because the local PD will nail you as fast as they can with speeding tickets. They are extremely quick to pull you over for the leastlittle thing so BEWARE and don't speed!!!!!

Before you blow through Benton raising haiti's you might want to slow down because the local PD will nail you as fast as they can with speeding tickets. They are extremely quick to pull you over for the leastlittle thing so BEWARE and don't speed!!!!!

White House fans don't worry about the local police officers all you have to do is obbey the law and there will not be a ticket. The posted speed limit through benton is 45 mph follow that and there will be no problem.

This is from the local paper today.

Cleveland Daily Banner

BENTON - There were a lot of wounded Wildcats after last week's 21-7 loss to Notre Dame in the region 3-3A championship game. But the heartache didn't last long as head coach Derrick Davis and his staff went right back to work in preparation for Friday's playoff game against White House.

"One of our goals going into this year was to host a playoff game and we are doing that," Davis said. "We would have liked to have won the region but it didn't happen. But there are two seasons, the regular season and the playoff season. We've finished the first season 8-2 and the two teams that beat us were a combined 19-1.

"After the game there was a lot of hurt and nobody hurt more than I did. But that's over now and we are hosting. We're happy to be hosting the first playoff game at the new stadium. There is a lot of excitement about that."

One thing Davis and his staff went to work on was trying to find a cure for the dropped passes that were all too common in the championship game - an unusual occurrence for the Wildcats. Davis sternly pointed out that the blame for the loss doesn't rest on just one set of shoulder pads.

"When things don't go good fans will look at the quarterback or the head coach. Kevin (Trew) played a heck of a game and he's a heck of a quarterback," said Davis. "He can't catch the ball and can't make the blocks. I think there is some unfair criticism there. Those mistakes, the dropped passes, missed blocks and missed tackles - if we make a few of those, we're not having to try and do some of the things late in the game that we had to do."

Another thing the Wildcats must work on for Friday night is moving the ball inside the 20-yard line. More than once, Polk County had the opportunity to put points on the board against the Fighting Irish but were unable to sustain a drive.

"We had the ball on their 14, 25, 25 and 45 in the first half and just couldn't keep anything going," said Davis. "One reason is their defense had only given up 42 points all year. But we definitely struggled."

Notre Dame also bested the Wildcats at the kicking game, a graph Davis said may not show up on the stat sheet but one that played a big role in the loss.

"That allowed them field position. Their punting game and kickoff return in the second half allowed them to start with good field position," he stated.

Davis explained there was no visible reason there were so many passes slipping from the grasp of the Polk receivers. Statistics for the year revealed very few misses in comparison to Friday night.

"We've just got to keep working on the fundamentals this week. This is a situation where if we win we advance and if we lose we go home. So, we're going to have to make the plays this week because there's not going to be another week if we don't," the coach said. "If you're standing around White House is going to get you. So we're going to stress going to the whistle and getting better at some of the things we didn't do so well against Notre Dame."

Although White House will be coming to Benton as a 5-5 team, Davis was quick to point out that the Blue Devils started out 0-3 before coming back to win three straight.

"They didn't have Ricky Ladd then either," said a serious Davis. "When he was a junior, White House was 13-1 and lost in the semi-final game to Memphis-Melrose by six points. Melrose ended up losing to Maryville by one in the championship. They were 4-A last year."

The fact Ladd had 1,985 yards rushing and 24 TDs as a junior does not help Davis rest easy at night.

"Ricky Ladd is one of the top three and possibly even the top back we've faced since I've been here," said Davis. "He is so unbelievable. He's not very big but he can motor."

The Wildcats leader is even more concerned with Ladd than he was with Notre Dame's Devin Carthorn - who rushed for 130 yards - last week.

"If he gets out in the open we are not going to catch him. We have not seen speed like this in a while. Anytime you get basically 2,000 yards and 24 touchdowns, that's unbelievable," he said.

Davis is also concerned with the Blue Devils' defensive tackles - a pair of mountains that can move whatever is in their way.

"Their defensive tackles are both 6-foot-5. One is 341 pounds and one is 330 pounds. They are huge," said Davis with no small measure of respect. "They are a big 3-A school and they have a lot of kids out."

Offensively, the Wildcats can expect to see several different looks from White House. They will line up in the Smokestack-I, a two tight end set and a pro set among others to run a solid brand of power football.

"Their record is deceptive. There is one touchdown difference from them being the No. 1 seed to the No. 3 seed. We're basically playing a No. 1 seed that is third," said Davis. "A play or two here or there and they could very easily be the No. 1 seed. All the teams they have gotten beat by are in the playoffs."

There is no doubt the Wildcats will be facing a very good team that very nearly took the state championship trophy in 4-A last year. If they are to have a chance at moving to round two of the playoffs, they will have to put last week's disappointing loss behind them totally and focus completely on the task at hand. Davis said that he feels his Wildcats are capable of doing just that.

"They know we've got to get rid of this feeling and move on because if we don't it's not going to help us any," he explained. "This is week one of a five game season. Hopefully we can move on."

Davis said also he is counting on a large crowd of Wildcats faithful to fill the stands Friday night. He knows Polk County will be in a fight for its post season life and a loud, friendly crowd could go a long way in helping his team stay pumped.

"I expect our team to come out an play hard, as we have all year. I expect a good effort since we are playing at home in front of our great crowd," said Davis. "That's all I can really promise is a good effort and hard play. If we do that we have a chance to be successful. It's going to take a great effort from us to be able to move on."

This is from the local paper today.

Cleveland Daily Banner

BENTON - There were a lot of wounded Wildcats after last week's 21-7 loss to Notre Dame in the region 3-3A championship game. But the heartache didn't last long as head coach Derrick Davis and his staff went right back to work in preparation for Friday's playoff game against White House.

"One of our goals going into this year was to host a playoff game and we are doing that," Davis said. "We would have liked to have won the region but it didn't happen. But there are two seasons, the regular season and the playoff season. We've finished the first season 8-2 and the two teams that beat us were a combined 19-1.

"After the game there was a lot of hurt and nobody hurt more than I did. But that's over now and we are hosting. We're happy to be hosting the first playoff game at the new stadium. There is a lot of excitement about that."

One thing Davis and his staff went to work on was trying to find a cure for the dropped passes that were all too common in the championship game - an unusual occurrence for the Wildcats. Davis sternly pointed out that the blame for the loss doesn't rest on just one set of shoulder pads.

"When things don't go good fans will look at the quarterback or the head coach. Kevin (Trew) played a heck of a game and he's a heck of a quarterback," said Davis. "He can't catch the ball and can't make the blocks. I think there is some unfair criticism there. Those mistakes, the dropped passes, missed blocks and missed tackles - if we make a few of those, we're not having to try and do some of the things late in the game that we had to do."

Another thing the Wildcats must work on for Friday night is moving the ball inside the 20-yard line. More than once, Polk County had the opportunity to put points on the board against the Fighting Irish but were unable to sustain a drive.

"We had the ball on their 14, 25, 25 and 45 in the first half and just couldn't keep anything going," said Davis. "One reason is their defense had only given up 42 points all year. But we definitely struggled."

Notre Dame also bested the Wildcats at the kicking game, a graph Davis said may not show up on the stat sheet but one that played a big role in the loss.

"That allowed them field position. Their punting game and kickoff return in the second half allowed them to start with good field position," he stated.

Davis explained there was no visible reason there were so many passes slipping from the grasp of the Polk receivers. Statistics for the year revealed very few misses in comparison to Friday night.

"We've just got to keep working on the fundamentals this week. This is a situation where if we win we advance and if we lose we go home. So, we're going to have to make the plays this week because there's not going to be another week if we don't," the coach said. "If you're standing around White House is going to get you. So we're going to stress going to the whistle and getting better at some of the things we didn't do so well against Notre Dame."

Although White House will be coming to Benton as a 5-5 team, Davis was quick to point out that the Blue Devils started out 0-3 before coming back to win three straight.

"They didn't have Ricky Ladd then either," said a serious Davis. "When he was a junior, White House was 13-1 and lost in the semi-final game to Memphis-Melrose by six points. Melrose ended up losing to Maryville by one in the championship. They were 4-A last year."

The fact Ladd had 1,985 yards rushing and 24 TDs as a junior does not help Davis rest easy at night.

"Ricky Ladd is one of the top three and possibly even the top back we've faced since I've been here," said Davis. "He is so unbelievable. He's not very big but he can motor."

The Wildcats leader is even more concerned with Ladd than he was with Notre Dame's Devin Carthorn - who rushed for 130 yards - last week.

"If he gets out in the open we are not going to catch him. We have not seen speed like this in a while. Anytime you get basically 2,000 yards and 24 touchdowns, that's unbelievable," he said.

Davis is also concerned with the Blue Devils' defensive tackles - a pair of mountains that can move whatever is in their way.

"Their defensive tackles are both 6-foot-5. One is 341 pounds and one is 330 pounds. They are huge," said Davis with no small measure of respect. "They are a big 3-A school and they have a lot of kids out."

Offensively, the Wildcats can expect to see several different looks from White House. They will line up in the Smokestack-I, a two tight end set and a pro set among others to run a solid brand of power football.

"Their record is deceptive. There is one touchdown difference from them being the No. 1 seed to the No. 3 seed. We're basically playing a No. 1 seed that is third," said Davis. "A play or two here or there and they could very easily be the No. 1 seed. All the teams they have gotten beat by are in the playoffs."

There is no doubt the Wildcats will be facing a very good team that very nearly took the state championship trophy in 4-A last year. If they are to have a chance at moving to round two of the playoffs, they will have to put last week's disappointing loss behind them totally and focus completely on the task at hand. Davis said that he feels his Wildcats are capable of doing just that.

"They know we've got to get rid of this feeling and move on because if we don't it's not going to help us any," he explained. "This is week one of a five game season. Hopefully we can move on."

Davis said also he is counting on a large crowd of Wildcats faithful to fill the stands Friday night. He knows Polk County will be in a fight for its post season life and a loud, friendly crowd could go a long way in helping his team stay pumped.

"I expect our team to come out an play hard, as we have all year. I expect a good effort since we are playing at home in front of our great crowd," said Davis. "That's all I can really promise is a good effort and hard play. If we do that we have a chance to be successful. It's going to take a great effort from us to be able to move on."

Sounds as if you guys have a classy coach. Can't wait til tonight. See you guys in a few hours.

HudsonJ if they beat us 25-30 points then you all better be ready for a showdown. On the other hand I do not think that will happen. I will be completely honest with you I am very nervous about this game, because I do not know anything about them. Heck this is the first time I have ever heard of Polk Co. Not to say that they are not just an awesome team it is just that I never played or heard of them. Good luck Devils. It does not matter if you win by 1 or 50. I win will still be a win!!!

I mean A win is a win. I try to type too fast.