Sullivan South

kr1416

I just wanted to thank the girls for a great year. Lauren Crawford(OH/DS) 3 year starter and Laura Grese (DS) 3 year starter. It has been fun to watch you girls grow as players. Good luck in your next four years of Volleyball. I am also looking forward to see the 6 juniors play next year.

I also would say that it was a great State Tourny. I really enjoyed watching a great teams and players. I would say the one who stood out in my mind was the outside hitter from Siegle, sorry I do not know her name. I think she was one the best all around players I have seen in a few years.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to thank the girls for a great year. Lauren Crawford(OH/DS) 3 year starter and Laura Grese (DS) 3 year starter. It has been fun to watch you girls grow as players. Good luck in your next four years of Volleyball. I am also looking forward to see the 6 juniors play next year.

I also would say that it was a great State Tourny. I really enjoyed watching a great teams and players. I would say the one who stood out in my mind was the outside hitter from Siegle, sorry I do not know her name. I think she was one the best all around players I have seen in a few years.

I am really happy for you South. You were very impressive at the tournament.

THe fun thing about the tournament was that there was very little seperation between the top 4 teams. I was very impressed with #10..as well as your setter/hitter and middle. Other then the pool play game against Siegel she was money. You will make another run next year.

The player you are referring to is Amanda Horenkamp. She is a special player. She played so well all year. She may not have been the most athletic hitter in the state but I have not seen anyone more crafty. She can hit every angle and has the best back row attach in the state in my humble opinion. She will be attending Lincoln Memorial University.

She made the all tournament team as well.

To All the People of Sullivan South:

You all are pretty darn lucky that Dana Goodson tore her ACL playing flag football. I guarantee you if Coach Campbell had prior knowledge of Dana playing in the flag football tournament, she would not have approved.

So you bunch of rednecks, I saw all of you at the state tournament flaunting the confederate flag on the back of your shirts. Do you need me to tell you that you're playing volleyball and not at a NASCAR race? Good grief. It's good to know that the state runners-up in volleyball support slavery and racism.

You all are pretty darn lucky that Dana Goodson tore her ACL playing flag football. I guarantee you if Coach Campbell had prior knowledge of Dana playing in the flag football tournament, she would not have approved.

So you bunch of rednecks, I saw all of you at the state tournament flaunting the confederate flag on the back of your shirts. Do you need me to tell you that you're playing volleyball and not at a NASCAR race? Good grief. It's good to know that the state runners-up in volleyball support slavery and racism.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. We could all say what would have happened or what if!!!! Face it! The South girls out hustled and outplayed Brentwood! I can't stand a poor looser and thats just what you are! You trumped the race card and every other stereotypical conatation you could come up with. If the truth be known, you are probably the racist! I doubt the girls on the team own slaves or have one drop of racist blood in them. You have stooped to the lowest form of name calling and should be banned from the Forum!!!! Take your medicine like a man! You got beat by a better team that day. Its time to move on . People like you make me sick.

By the way, you should look in the mirror at your own fans. Talk about being at a NASCAR race!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would hope all the brentwood people would not approve of the post made by that one person, wow mach1 hade it correct sour grapes!!! When South had players go down they did not cry about it. Whitney Cogburn broke her foot (setter) and Natlie Pickwel had mono(MB) they just steped it up and played as a team. One player should not have to carry a team. The last I heard 6 players stilll played in Volleyball!!!

Knowing what I do...Barbara would not have been able to stop Dana Goodson from playing flag football. Barbara had no control over her whatsoever and she (Goodson) knew the risk she was taking. Not a smart risk since it hurt her team but it was her own decision.

As for "rednecks", think back to your own tournament when the dads of Brentwood wore Jack Daniels tshirts and do-rags with Old No. 7 on it. Nuff said. The other accusations don't even warrant a reply. Sleep well young lady.

This is a sad, sad post.

Let's not forget that this is obviously a 15 year old girl who posted this.

What a shame. Every team faces injuries at times and it is not an excuse.

You heard no excuse from Farragut, Siegel or Collierville and they all had hugh injuries.

And do not allow one perono label all of the B'wood fans. They have some great people involved with that program, just like South.

I spoke to a Brentwood senior parent tonight. She had read this post and she asked me to express her feelings about Sullivan South's team. She told me that the SS girls were very classy and graceful winners. She told me that some of the SS girls came and spoke to her daughter and congratulated her for a great season and complimented her on her play. This Brentwood player was impressed with the sportsmanship and sincerity of these SS girls. There was a mutual respect between these Sullivan South girls and the Brentwood player.

She also asked me to mention that having Dana out with the ACL injury may not have made a difference in the outcome. Sullivan South played extremely well and she doesn't think that anyone from Brentwood should make that excuse. She mentioned that all the comments made by this poster are not at all indicative of what she thinks. She can't imagine that this person speaks for anyone else but themself.

I think you all know who I am. All I can say is I hope the previous poster is not a brentwood player. I hope we have better class than that. Losing was definately a dissapointment. However, I would be the first one to congratulate SS on their win given the chance. They flat out played awesome. No one likes to lose, but we all can appreciate inspired play, and SS surely had that. In retrospect (hindsight being 20/20), there were some things we could have done to help ourselves schematically. But it might not have mattered, SS played phenominally. Their libero was AMAZING. Everything she touched was golden. And every ball we hit seemed to wind up in Whitney's hands without her taking a step. So, I give credit to SS' coach for having a good game plan and to the players for executing it. I am upset and frustrated with the outcome as is everyone as BHS, but I take nothing away from SS. Sure we made some errors, but they earned it, we did not give it to them, which is a little comforting. It is much harder to accept losing to an inferior team. SS was not.

Rest assured however, the Lady Bruins will do everything they can to be back at state next year. With a vengeance.

Edited by ivolly

I spoke to a Brentwood senior parent tonight. She had read this post and she asked me to express her feelings about Sullivan South's team. She told me that the SS girls were very classy and graceful winners. She told me that some of the SS girls came and spoke to her daughter and congratulated her for a great season and complimented her on her play. This Brentwood player was impressed with the sportsmanship and sincerity of these SS girls. There was a mutual respect between these Sullivan South girls and the Brentwood player.

She also asked me to mention that having Dana out with the ACL injury may not have made a difference in the outcome. Sullivan South played extremely well and she doesn't think that anyone from Brentwood should make that excuse. She mentioned that all the comments made by this poster are not at all indicative of what she thinks. She can't imagine that this person speaks for anyone else but themself.

As another Brentwood parent, let me say that the earlier post is definitely not representative of Brentwood players and parents. I am ashamed by it. Sullivan South played the better match and came out the winner. I commend them for their effort and talent. We'll see you next year!

Announcements