Powell At Hixson

BenHasRisen

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie is a heck of a football team. Coleman is going to be a holy terror next year. How does Hixon stack up against the tornadoes? Any common opponents?

Below is Hixson's schedule and results, copied and pasted from the TSSAA web site. The losses were to Notre Dame (undefeated and won their region), Soddy-Daisy (finished 4-6 in the same region as Oak Ridge and Farragut), Cleveland (finished 6-4 and didn't make the playoffs), and to Red Bank. Their "best" wins were probably over White County and Rhea County, who finished 4th and 3rd in region 4-4A. I really don't know much about them yet. I'm hoping to catch up with Coach Windham later on today.

Week Date Opponent

0 19-Aug-05 at Ringgold, GA W 31 0

1 26-Aug-05 Notre Dame L 20 13

2 02-Sep-05 Rhea County ® W 31 24

3 09-Sep-05 at Open

4 16-Sep-05 at Chattanooga Central ® W 33 7

5 23-Sep-05 Soddy-Daisy L 42 26

6 30-Sep-05 at White County ® W 30 21

7 07-Oct-05 Walker Valley ® W 48 15

8 14-Oct-05 at Cleveland ® L 28 7

9 21-Oct-05 Brainerd ® W 21 0

10 28-Oct-05 at Red Bank ® L 34 10

11 04-Nov-05 Powell

Edited by HTV

Powell will be ready. Watts will shine and the running game will dominate. Galyon,Smith & co. on defense will control Hixson. May not be a high scoring game but Powell by 10-14 points sounds right. I think all four 3-4A teams will advance.

I agree.

44 will run all over Hixon. I just doen't think that region has the tallent to keep up with this one.

Smith should dominate "if he tries" but this could be a good game for powell to build some big MO.

Good luck to both teams :D

Are any of the Powell players suspended or is all that behind us?

The only Powell player who was "suspended" was a lineman involved in an altercation against West. He sat out the Clinton game, per TSSAA rules.

The other players who missed the Clinton game sat out because of injuries.