Marshall Co. @ Lexington

treefitty74

Gower is the key. Yes, he is one of the Middle Tenn passing leaders, but he also leads in interceptions. He has to make good decisions and protect the ball. MC has to establish a running game and play defense. MC can win, but I doubt it. Lexington is a much better team that MC fans are giving them credit for.

Thank you wingman10. i hope he does throw the ball.... please throw the ball! u dont even kno what we have in our secondary. thats all ima say bout this game we will find out friday night.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you wingman10. i hope he does throw the ball.... please throw the ball! u dont even kno what we have in our secondary. thats all ima say bout this game we will find out friday night.

I think you will see that no matter what you have for personnel...Marshall co will throw the kitchen sink at you. There is no way Marshall is supposed to win this....I gotta a pretty good idea that Lexington is already looking ahead.

If it turns out to be a high scoring game...Lex chances of winning go down the tubes.

One of the best ways to control a powerful offense is the keep them off the field. If Marshall Co. can't stop the run, they won't get the ball to score very often. Marshall Co. may be able to pass on Lexington some, but if their D-line doesn't get some penetration on the big and talented Lexington O-line, then it will be hard for them to get a win here. There is a reason MC is 5-5.

according to coacht's strength + success rankings:

region 6 has 3 teams in the top half of the rankings, with 1 team in the top 10

region 5 has the exactly the same....

but region 7 has 5 teams in the top half of the rankings, with 2 in the top 10....

what does this mean?

nothing..........

THE GAME IS PLAYED ON THE FIELD.....not in a poll, your opinion, or what the history of region vs region has been in the past......

it is all about match-ups and execution……

according to coacht's strength + success rankings:

region 6 has 3 teams in the top half of the rankings, with 1 team in the top 10

region 5 has the exactly the same....

but region 7 has 5 teams in the top half of the rankings, with 2 in the top 10....

what does this mean?

nothing..........

THE GAME IS PLAYED ON THE FIELD.....not in a poll, your opinion, or what the history of region vs region has been in the past......

it is all about match-ups and execution……

I agree and this is a very tough match-up for Lex.

Do you really want to know the real reason why Lexington is not getting the respect around the midstate that you'd like them to receive????

2002: at Greenbrier (lost 0-27)

2003: at Page (lost 7-35)

2004: vs Marshall Co. (lost 20-31)

2005: vs Marshall Co.???????

They have been outscored 27-93 the past three years when they played 3A teams from the midstate area. Those seniors on this year's unbeaten Lexington team remember that and if you think that it isn't in the back of their minds then you're either in denial or you're not very smart.

I know that Marshall Co. is just a 5-5 team that has been outscored 264-320 this year. I know that they are playing an unbeaten team that has beaten pretty good competition such as Liberty, Riverside, Hardin Co., Chester Co., and Jackson South Side. All of the numbers in the world are stacked against Marshall Co. winning this football game against the mighty Big Red Tigers.

You want stats I'm your guy because here is exactly how bad Marshall Co.'s defense is against the run this year:

Johnathan Walker (Spring Hill): 13 rushes for 256 yards and 4TD's

Kyle Graham (Sycamore): 15 rushes for 122 yards and 1TD

Ben Steverson (Creek Wood): 25 rushes for 200 yards and 2TD's

Dill, Herndon, Pigg (Greenbrier): 52 rushes for 304 yards and 3TD's

Josh McMurray (Page): 38 rushes for 334 yards and 5TD's

Landon Jones (Cheatham Co.): 23 rushes for 232 yards and 2TD's

Jeff Lyle (Mont. Cent.): 18 rushes for 192 yards

Matt Elrod (David Lipscomb): 22 rushes for 158 yards and 6TD's

Edgmon & Myles (Giles Co.): 25 rushes for 113 yards and 3TD's

Out of all of those big nights Marshall Co. lost a huge lead against Creek Wood. They lost by 6-points to a great Greenbrier Bobcats bunch. The one time their offense neglected to show up this year was the only reason they lost at Sycamore (that and a bunch of turnovers). Outside of that they won every other big game that they had to despite the fact that their defense was surrendering lots of points and lots of yardage. That must mean that they have a pretty lethal offense that can rack up a few yards and score some points themselves. Marshall Co. got hammered by both David Lipscomb and Cheatham Co. Against Lipscomb they scored 26-points against one of the best defenses I have ever seen. I promise you that Lexington does not have a better defense than David Lipscomb. IF YOU THINK THAT BUCKLEY HAVING A BIG NIGHT AGAINST THE TIGERS DEFENSE MEANS THAT YOU HAVE GOT THE GAME WELL IN CONTROL THEN YOU ARE SADLY MISTAKEN!!!!!!

The fact is that Lexington better score more points in this one than they did the past three years against the midstate's 3A teams. If they don't then they'll exit the playoffs in the opening round for the fourth consecutive season (and it will be the second straight time at the hands of the Marshall Co. Tigers).

Marshall Co. wins 31-20 in a REPEAT in this REMATCH :P

Catfish, You have way to MUCH TIME on your hands for high school football stories!!

I'm sure if anyone wanted or needed football stats from games played 5 or 6 weeks ago in Mid Tenn they would get that info from the internet.....OK!! :ph34r:

As for the short playoff history lesson.....what if:

Lexington had beat Marshall Co last year....does that guarantee Lexington

would win again this year???........NO.

Lexington had gone 4 rds into the playoffs last year then would again this year???.....NO.

New England won the Superbowl last year so they will again this year???.....NO.

Your thinking and reasons for high school football teams winning future payoff games are childish!!!! :P

I would spend more time thinking about today or in the future about high school football games not about games played years ago. Some of the students are not even in these schools anymore.

If you have any family or friends you should spend more time with them!! :P:P

Edited by BigRedTiger

bigredtiger - Whether you like it or not, catfish-hunters statistics from the past illustrate a very good point. You are not greatly respected as a team in middle TN for exactly the statistics he points out. You could go a long way toward changing that by doing better. You earn respect; and, Lexington has not as of yet.

You may very well beat MC this year. However, they finished fourth up here and got killed by two of the region 5 teams. If you want to prove something, beat Creek Wood in round 2 and then the Cheatham/Lipscomb winner in round 3.

Best of luck!

Catfish, You have way to MUCH TIME on your hands for high school football stories!!

I'm sure if anyone wanted or needed football stats from games played 5 or 6 weeks ago in Mid Tenn they would get that info from the internet.....OK!! :lol:

As for the short playoff history lesson.....what if:

Lexington had beat Marshall Co last year....does that guarantee Lexington

would win again this year???........NO.

Lexington had gone 4 rds into the playoffs last year then would again this year???.....NO.

New England won the Superbowl last year so they will again this year???.....NO.

Your thinking and reasons for high school football teams winning future payoff games are childish!!!! :lol:

I would spend more time thinking about today or in the future about high school football games not about games played years ago. Some of the students are not even in these schools anymore.

If you have any family or friends you should spend more time with them!! :lol::lol:

Well....Big Red.....I don't have to take up for Catfish...I am sure you will hear from him. Catfish is a guru of Middle Tn football. He is just pointing out the obvious. Your post shows your school having done well in some years in Spring Sports. I did not see ONE from football. I don't blame you for being testy...if I hadn't had any success in football I would be jumping on someone else as well.

Edited by bulldog69

Well....Big Red.....I don't have to take up for Catfish...I am sure you will hear from him. Catfish is a guru of Middle Tn football. He is just pointing out the obvious. Your post shows your school having done well in some years in Spring Sports. I did not see ONE from football. I don't blame you for being testy...if I hadn't had any success in football I would be jumping on someone else as well.

"Just pointing out the obvious".....WHY????? :lol::lol:

No one here is "testy" or "jumping on someone else".

Catfish can fight is own battles with out your little 2 cents!!! :lol::lol:

Are you trying to win special brownie points from Coach T???? :lol:

bigredtiger - Whether you like it or not, catfish-hunters statistics from the past illustrate a very good point. You are not greatly respected as a team in middle TN for exactly the statistics he points out. You could go a long way toward changing that by doing better. You earn respect; and, Lexington has not as of yet.

You may very well beat MC this year. However, they finished fourth up here and got killed by two of the region 5 teams. If you want to prove something, beat Creek Wood in round 2 and then the Cheatham/Lipscomb winner in round 3.

Best of luck!

If I can for a minute, fight my way thru all the Mid Tenn football fans crap about "respect".

NO IN LEXINGTON OR ANYONE IN THE LHS FOOTBALL PROGRAM CARES IF YOU RESPECT HIM OR NOT!!! Is this very clear to you???

We are trying to win a football game against a soild Marshall Co team and not "earn your respect". Now is this very clear to you??

Is "respect" going to win a football game this Friday night???....NO...A team of high school football players is. :lol:

Also Jax Southside, CC and Liberty don't need your "respect" to play football.

Do you see anyone from East or West Tenn wanting your respect???

I think they have more respect for Mid Tenn football then they do Mid Tenn fans!! :lol::lol::lol:

"If you want to prove something" :lol: