Marshall Co. @ Lexington

treefitty74

If I can for a minute, fight my way thru all the Mid Tenn football fans crap about "respect".

NO IN LEXINGTON OR ANYONE IN THE LHS FOOTBALL PROGRAM CARES IF YOU RESPECT HIM OR NOT!!! Is this very clear to you???

We are trying to win a football game against a soild Marshall Co team and not "earn your respect". Now is this very clear to you??

Is "respect" going to win a football game this Friday night???....NO...A team of high school football players is.

Also Jax Southside, CC and Liberty don't need your "respect" to play football.

Do you see anyone from East or West Tenn wanting your respect???

I think they have more respect for Mid Tenn football then they do Mid Tenn fans!! :o

"If you want to prove something" B)

:)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will find that Bulldog doesn't need "brownie" points. I was on here almost at the beginning. You, my little chickadee, are a latecomer to Coach T.

I guess the only thing that can penetrate that thick skull is to see it done on the field.....and by the way ....that is where all the stats come from...the field.

I haven't said anything about respect.....and don't intend to.

Your recent comments only show a high testosterone level....not much of a high level of knowledge of high school football in West Tn or Middle Tn.

Lexington is 10-0 for a reason. They have a very good team this year. Bringing up past years has no credibility really. Marshall County is not playing Lexington`s 2002 team or 1997 team or whatever year. They are playing Lexington`s 2005 team. I remember a few years back when Marshall County said they would come to Alamo and beat Crockett County and all their talk and their train whistles could not overcome a good west tn team.

No way Marshall County wins this game.

The Big Red doesn't need any respect to run over MC or CW. Who cares what them so call pro's think in Middle TN respect is for sissies anyway. It looks like it will be SS and Lexington rematch after rd 1....

SS and Lexington rematch???....yeah...right....please bring some of that stuff you are smoking to Middle Tn

The Big Red may run over Marshall in Round one but it won't be as easy as you think 43-40...either way. Then you actually think you can run over Creekwood???

You aren't playing Fayette-Ware.

Since all these middle tennesseans know little about Lexington Football and its history, let me give you a little lesson.

Lexington had some lean years in the 90's but is now starting to return to the prominence that they once held. In the 60, 70's, and 80's, Lexington was a powerhouse in West TN football, with several undefeated years or 9-win regular seaons, and a few of deep runs into the playoffs. This, record wise, is the best Lexington team since 1987 coming out of the regular season. That 87 team was 10-0, and finished 11-1, losing to the Xavier Crawford led Memphis Trezvant in the second round. The 88 team was 9-1, losing to South Side in Week 10 9-7, and made it the state quarters, losing to Brentwood Acad something like 45-31. One of the best teams Lexington ever fielded was the 1984 bunch, who lost to Germantown in the 1st round. That team had several great football players, including current head coach Steve Lindsey at QB and Steve Arnold, a lightning fast RB who holds cult status still today from those that used to see him hit the corner. The 86 team lost to Humboldt in the second round when Kacy Rogers went about 60 yards on a "guard-around/fumble-rooski". The 1979 team that lost to Humboldt 7-0 in the state semis included currently Ripley Head Coach Johnny McAdams, QB Jim Henderson, and Tailback David Deberry (Father of current Lexington TB Jonathan Deberry). The 79 team defeated Brentwood Acad at Brentwood on the frozen tundra in late November in the state quarters. The Lexington program has been led by such Tennessee Legends, as Jim Stowe, Gil Gideon, and Paul Caywood.

This program is rich in history and tradition, but it hasn't done much lately, especially in the age of the internet and coacht. I agree with you that respect is something you earn on the field. Lexington hasn't done its part to earn any the past few years. But I wouldn't go there without respecting the Big Red. If MC does, that bus ride home to Lewisburg will be awfully quiet.

Now that you are caught up on the recent History of the Lexington program, you can continue your war of words on how bad you think MC will win. The point of this post is to show you that history means nothing. Lexington has been to the playoffs, and deep into them, but those players are a distant memory and the only ones from the past have a real effect on this year's team are the ones that played at Lexington and are now coaching there. On paper, this looks like a good matchup. I'm sure Marshall Co will come to Lexington fired up. But I will tell you this, when I went back to Lexington last week, there was a buzz in that town about football that hadn't been there in years. Expect a packed house Friday night and expect them to be loud. May the best Tiger win.

Look at at catfish's stats again and seeing some of those guys in action this year, unless MC has a great gameplan, then Lexington is going to run all over them.

Once again, what's MC look like in the trenches? Lexington is very strong on both sides of the ball, and the team that controls the line will win the game.

Keep saying what you want MC fans, this is the best Lexington team in 20 years. They are a lot better than last year, 03, 02, etc.

Look at at catfish's stats again and seeing some of those guys in action this year, unless MC has a great gameplan, then Lexington is going to run all over them.

Once again, what's MC look like in the trenches? Lexington is very strong on both sides of the ball, and the team that controls the line will win the game.

Keep saying what you want MC fans, this is the best Lexington team in 20 years. They are a lot better than last year, 03, 02, etc.

Lexington is gonna run, run, run and run some more. LHS by 21.