Marshall Co. @ Lexington

treefitty74

You will find that Bulldog doesn't need "brownie" points. I was on here almost at the beginning. You, my little chickadee, are a latecomer to Coach T.

I guess the only thing that can penetrate that thick skull is to see it done on the field.....and by the way ....that is where all the stats come from...the field.

I haven't said anything about respect.....and don't intend to.

Your recent comments only show a high testosterone level....not much of a high level of knowledge of high school football in West Tn or Middle Tn.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to coacht's strength + success rankings:

region 6 has 3 teams in the top half of the rankings, with 1 team in the top 10

region 5 has the exactly the same....

but region 7 has 5 teams in the top half of the rankings, with 2 in the top 10....

what does this mean?

nothing..........

THE GAME IS PLAYED ON THE FIELD.....not in a poll, your opinion, or what the history of region vs region has been in the past......

it is all about match-ups and execution……

MG....You are on the right page!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you could go back to prior years posts in regard to these two regions, You would find that your old nemisis Crockett co fans who loaded us up with all the stats from the Civil War to present. Your region started this about four years ago....not us.

The long post from bd4vols leaves out one thing.........last years game with many of the same players back for this one......Marshall co knows they can win...which is to their advantage. On paper there is no way Marshall should be close being a #4. In fact if Lex defense shuts down Marshall's offense...it's over. Or if Marshall self-destructs it is over.................but if the high powered Marshall offense gets rolling they have a good chance. Having a big defensive line at Lex. will mean nothing to Marshall co. they have seen at least five big defensive lines this year.

Lexington can win a low scoring game.

Guest catfish-hunter

Look at at catfish's stats again and seeing some of those guys in action this year, unless MC has a great gameplan, then Lexington is going to run all over them.

Once again, what's MC look like in the trenches? Lexington is very strong on both sides of the ball, and the team that controls the line will win the game.

Keep saying what you want MC fans, this is the best Lexington team in 20 years. They are a lot better than last year, 03, 02, etc.

Prove it to me tomorrow night then maybe I'll become a believer. Nevermind cause even if they do win then all they have done is beaten a 5-5 team in an opening round playoff game. Last time I checked 10-0 teams are supposed to do that easily. In other words the pressure here is on Lexington. Marshall Co. is the underdog and I expect them to come in playing loose and with lots of fun after last week's big win vs Giles Co.

Marshall Co. will score 30+ points tomorrow night so Lexington's offense better come ready to light up the scoreboard.

Prove it to me tomorrow night then maybe I'll become a believer. Nevermind cause even if they do win then all they have done is beaten a 5-5 team in an opening round playoff game. Last time I checked 10-0 teams are supposed to do that easily. In other words the pressure here is on Lexington. Marshall Co. is the underdog and I expect them to come in playing loose and with lots of fun after last week's big win vs Giles Co.

Marshall Co. will score 30+ points tomorrow night so Lexington's offense better come ready to light up the scoreboard.

We had the Fifth Quarter show tuesday night at WAXO here in lewisburg and the boys are looking at it IMO that way. Nothing to loose and everything to gain. Hightower has had some really big games running and gower, brown, and other in the passing attack has got things down pat. If the game stays with both teams under 20 the tigers might be in trouble but if it comes to a shoot out they have the advantage. Might come down to who has the ball last.

http://www.coacht.com/inside/schedule.cfm?...D=1&SeasonID=41

Catfish, bud, MC has scored 30 points 3 times this season, all against below .500 teams and came close against Lipscomb is what I am going to guess was meaningless 4th quarter points. It's not going to happen in a close game.

I am more familiar with Region 5 football than you think. Lexington is much closer to be associated with Lipscomb and Creek Wood than they are Spring Hill and Page. Even though they return a lot of the same players, Lexington is a lot better on the line than they were last year and have a running game that is going to be hard to stop, especially judging from what MC has given up so far this year. Lexington runs a very similar offense to Page (just linging up in the I and running over you) and if McMurray ran for 334 against them, then you can expect similar numbers tonight. If Lexington plays their game, Lexington wins by 14+ easily. This aint 2002, 2003, 2004, it's 2005. End of story. :(

I don't think Lexington will be in the same class as David Lipscomb.

If you know much about football, it is rare for a team to go from a 1st round loss to the Clinic bowl the next year.

Control of the football is the key tonight....something tough to do against Marshall.

A gauge of Lexington's fate in the next round will be determined by Tonight's score ......providing they win.

First and foremost, I am biased on this game

But…………

Food-for-thought

Of Marshall Co.’s wins, their average margin of victory is 7.6 points versus teams that are combined 16-36 (or something like that). Only one of those teams is in the playoffs (Marshall).

Lexington’s average margin of victory is 17.4 points versus teams that are combined 43-57 (or something like that). Of these teams, 6 are in the playoffs.

But as mentioned before, what does this mean? Nothing! I just needed something to do at work to pass the time. B)

The game is played on the field.

I don't think Lexington will be in the same class as David Lipscomb.

If you know much about football, it is rare for a team to go from a 1st round loss to the Clinic bowl the next year.

Control of the football is the key tonight....something tough to do against Marshall.

A gauge of Lexington's fate in the next round will be determined by Tonight's score ......providing they win.

Did I ever say Lexington was in the same class as Lipscomb? Nope. I just said they were closer to that level than they are the the Spring Hill's and Page's of your region to prove my point that I do not think MC will score 30 tonight vs. what they had done against their opponents.

Did I ever say they are going to the Clinic Bowl? Nope. I do think they are capable of making the quarters and will have a tough fight on their hands against Lipscomb. That said, I know ZERO about Creek Wood. By the way, I am on record as saying Fulton will be bring home the gold ball again.

Please tell me, have you seen a West TN team play this year? Or are you just basing your opinions based on previous years and dislike for Lexington and other West TN programs in general?

Edited by Solomon

Yesir, the basketball team is having good ole' southern BBQ...just curious...but who are you Solomon?

The wisest man who ever lived. :thumb:

Sorry, outside of those who figure it out, I don't reveal any personal info on here.

Thanks for the tailgate info? Please tell me it's courtesy of Scott's?