Huntingdon Vs. Westwood

truth225

As the great Yogi Berra once said, this one good get late early.

footnote: The Huntingdon high school band won the state championship in 2003 the and the Huntingdon football team won their first championship that same year. Last saturday at Murfreesboro Riverdale the Huntingdon High school marching band won the state championship. Just food for thought. B)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, wouldn't Martin Westview like to have a state championship band. Don't be making fun of our Marching Mustangs or this could get ugly real fast!

The hardest part about band, is that it is hard. Even the slightest foot movement can cost you points.

Plus ... if I remember correctly, this board is about Huntingdon vs. WestWOOD.

I am seeing a large number. :D

Edited by fieldgoal1

Good news from Huntingdon.. Word here that Chris Donald is the ESPN.. 96.5 Player of the week for week 10. He had an awesome game against Humboldt last Friday night along with all the Mustangs.

I heard that Boo got a good report on his ankle yesterday. Nothing but a bruise but the coaches were precautious in keeping him out against Humboldt. I don't know if they'll use him this week. The extra week off should get him rested up for some tough games ahead.

My congratulations to the HHS Band also for winning the State Championship. They work hard and are impresssive again this year.

Go Mustangs.. Beat Westwood!

allright the playoffs start Fri Nite.

Its time for everybody to lay out their predictions about the Mustangs chances this year.

Here is the scoop from truth!

This year's team has a tough road. Notice I said a tough road, not a impossible road.

The past two years we have not had any real competition until the 3rd or 4th round allowing the Mustangs to enter the semi final game relatively rested, healthy and hitting on all cylinders. These factors alone increases your chances of getting to the big game. Plus a little luck!!!

This year we run the gauntlet. After the first round it will be a dog fight every week.

Do we have the talent? YES

Do we have the heart? YES

Do we have the senior leadership? YES

Are we deep enough to overcome injuries? MAYBE

Here are keys to victory in the next 5 weeks.

Continue to play smash mouth defense. Take no prisoners. Hit them hard and often.

Keep the opposing defense off balance. That means throw on 1st and 2nd down occasionally. You dont have to throw the bomb every time, just keep the defense guessing.

Protect the ball, he who has multiple turnovers usually loses in big games. Every week from here out is a BIG GAME!!!

Finally, take one game at a time and do not overlook anyone!

Well o.k. Here it goes, I predict we go back to the boro. No disrespect to the teams we will play over the next 4 weeks (the competition is better than we ever faced) but I believe our boys are still hungry after last years game. Plus they have big game experience on their side.

Oh yeah, if we get back to the boro, Alcoa or whoever better be ready for the game of their life because this bunch will leave it all on the field.

What yall think?

Truth out, GO STANGS,

:rolleyes: