Hampton Bulldogs

i pull for all region 2 teams. i am not putting down these other teams, i am just stating my opinion. need i remind region 1 of what happened last year.

oneida-23 midway-51 coalfield-35 greenback-36

cloudland-0 jellico-0 unaka-7 north greene-6

this is what i call a clean sweep. only 2 tds scored on region 2. that says a lot about region 2

Yeah remind us about every five minutes and I,ll remind you Friday night that it happened a little different this year.With the exception of last season, Cloudland has done quite well, They did get upset two years ago by 1 point by CAK. Cloudland was better than anyone in region 2 that year also, the best team don't always win.The two years prior, they were 6 and 0 . The 2 years before that they were in 2a. Hampton being in region 1 may make us a little stronger.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have learned to believe that anything can happen in this game that we call football, ever since the big upset on Roan Mountain a couple of years ago. The Highlanders showed so much heart and determination (that KING keeps talking about) when they were the #1 team in the state, and were beaten by a #4 region seed which was a 5-5 CAK team, in the 1st round, AT HOME. Man that's heart right there, I'll tell you. But ever since that night, I have learned that anything can happen.

Edited by RedwallOutcast

I have learned to believe that anything can happen in this game that we call football, ever since the big upset on Roan Mountain a couple of years ago. The Highlanders showed so much heart and determination (that KING keeps talking about) when they were the #1 team in the state, and were beaten by a #4 region seed which was a 5-5 CAK team, in the 1st round, AT HOME. Man that's heart right there, I'll tell you. But ever since that night, I have learned that anything can happen.

Thats the reason they play um all. Same thing happens in all sports, all the time. Remember Buster Douglas.

that was probably the best night of my life. i was impressed with hampton and cloudland both this season and i hope both of them can take the fight to region 2. i want to see cloudland return to the good ole days of Lander football. In fact, im wearing my Lander Pride tshirt that i got from my recent trip to the mountain right now........

that was probably the best night of my life. i was impressed with hampton and cloudland both this season and i hope both of them can take the fight to region 2. i want to see cloudland return to the good ole days of Lander football. In fact, im wearing my Lander Pride tshirt that i got from my recent trip to the mountain right now........

Out of all the games I,ve ever attended, that one hurt the worst. CAK played a great ballgame and deserved the win. I,m also very impressed with the way CAK is competing in a very tough, region 2 2a. With the coaching staff at CAK, they will only get better and better. I,ll always be a fan.

I hope that the offensive play calling changes up a bit. The Dogs need some misdirection plays incorporated in with the Pwr I. Smash mouth works great until the other team figures out where it is going. Not many misdirections were incorporated into the scheme against the Landers. What happened to the gun, the split backfield, single wing formations? Yea, I know that the field was spread out with 3 wr's at the half of the Cld game, but not much more during the 2nd half.

Hopefully, pass defense will be a focus at practice, too. Sounds like the Litebrights, like to throw often. Throughout the years, the Dogs have been weak in pass defense.

Dogs 26-22.

I hope that the offensive play calling changes up a bit. The Dogs need some misdirection plays incorporated in with the Pwr I. Smash mouth works great until the other team figures out where it is going. Not many misdirections were incorporated into the scheme against the Landers. What happened to the gun, the split backfield, single wing formations? Yea, I know that the field was spread out with 3 wr's at the half of the Cld game, but not much more during the 2nd half.

Hopefully, pass defense will be a focus at practice, too. Sounds like the Litebrights, like to throw often. Throughout the years, the Dogs have been weak in pass defense.

Dogs 26-22.

I agree they do need to mix it up some. It seems like to me they would leave the Townsend kid in when they pass. It seems like every time they pass they take out Townsend. All they have to do is fake the run and hit the tight end or flanker. This should work every time.

I would like to know what is up with the Hampton Bulldogs not geting any respect?

I mean they beat a very very good Happy Valley team and and a very good 5th ranked in the state Cloudland team at orr feild, which every one know's is hard very hard to do.

And after all they are 9-1 only losing to a good 4-a team in Johnson County and that by 4 points..

so come on, can we get some respect!

Lets go Bulldogs take it to them in the playoffs....

And lets earn our respect

Listen Hampton a team that used to be 2A don't get respect until you prove yourself in the 1A playoffs.

Dogs 26-22.

I agree that would have to be our weak spot,....But We have to be OK at it being that we beat a dang good passing offence in the Happy Valley Warriors

I hope Hampton makes it to the 4th round. I would like to see how they can play with region 4 power house Truosdale CO. You don't put up 91 points on any team and not be any good!

I agree, this is the one I want to see, I also think this would be alot better game than some would believe.