Are You Blind Ref ?

MO$$$$

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part I think the officials do a fine job. There's always one crew that messes it up for everyone. We had them twice this year and they get worse everytime we have them. This crew I speak of wanted to flag the home team because Sr. night went too long. Give me a break! Our team averages around 7-10 penalties a game. Everytime we have this crew we approach 20-25 penalties. I wont name names but we've had the same crew at our Huntland game the past two years and this last game that we hosted CA. Not crying sour grapes because our team overcame the officials lack of professionalism and won all 3 games. I would like to see the supervisors of officials get more involved and actually watch game films of all the crews. The way its done now is usually each crew has one game a year where a supervisor will come and observe. The crews usually know beforehand that they are being watched and you get tainted results. It ends up being a lovefest, everybody hugs and goes home. No constructive criticism, just tell me where I go next and what time my buddies need to meet me there.

For the most part I think the officials do a fine job.

Well, MOST game film isn't going to show the referees' calls. It might show a flag flying through the air, but MOST of the time not so much. That might present a problem. It is a great idea. Secondly, the Referee Commisioner or what-not would be spending a LOT of time watching game film.

:(

How many people who post here are Refs. None, thats what I thought. Ya know High School rules state 20 min max at half. The other team is ready to go. it was not their senior night, they were there to play football. Did you not know you had 20 min to do Senior night. Your game administrator was told before the game you had 20 min at the half. Sounds to me like your gripe is with your school for not knowing the rules or wanting to abide them. Or should the refs bend them just for you? Because it was your senior night. All of you who think you can ref PLEASE call the TSSAA and ask how can I become a ref, And tell them, Hey I can call a great game from the 45 yard line 15 rows up. Imagine what I could do on the Field. Look forward to working with you perfect people.

Edited by wad