Are You Blind Ref ?

MO$$$$

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Wad if you dont want to do the job quit. If we wanted the job we would be out their. You do get paid correct? The job probaley pays approx. $20.00 per hour? All im saying is your pretty well paid,but your not held accountable why? Its a very hard job and not many attaboys but you choose to do it, every job ive ever known of your employer holds you accountable but TSSAA. And im tired of hearing i dont do it for the money do you give your check back each week? I really appricate the Officials for the most part but when mistakes are made Officials need to be held accountable and their not.

The refs back our way do ok. it's just when we travel is when the refs make bad calls. at either oliver springs or rockwood, i cant remember which, Sweetwater got more that 20 penaltys and the other team only got 2. something is skrewed up there, dont ya think?

I don't think it was the Rockwood game it was played at Sweetwater and Rockwood had 3 td's called back.

Hey Wad if you dont want to do the job quit. If we wanted the job we would be out their. You do get paid correct? The job probaley pays approx. $20.00 per hour? All im saying is your pretty well paid,but your not held accountable why? Its a very hard job and not many attaboys but you choose to do it, every job ive ever known of your employer holds you accountable but TSSAA. And im tired of hearing i dont do it for the money do you give your check back each week? I really appricate the Officials for the most part but when mistakes are made Officials need to be held accountable and their not.

Lets see how well we're paid $75 per game. At least 30 min drive to get to field, sometimes 1hr30min. but well say 30 min. Have to be there at least 1 hour before the game starts.Games last 2 1/2 hr to 3hr. 30 to 45 min to get dressed and let the crazys get out , Then 30 min drive home. Total 5 1/2 to 6 hours at LEAST, 7 to 7 1/2 most of the time. Oh by the way all this driving was done at $3 a gallon. so lets see acording to you we make 20 dollars an hour that would be 120 to 140. I DONT THINK SO!!

I am so glad this thred was started. 75% of the refs are good but the other 25% well they need another line of work. Two plays in particular. South Pittsburg vs TN Temple. WE are kicking off to Temple and the head ref hasn't blown the whistle yet because the clock hasn't been set. Well one of the side judges throws a penalty for delay of game. He is pretty well booed for a stupid call that by the way didn't stand. The head ref had to tell him the clock and the whistle hadn't blown yet. To get back for his incompetence we were pretty much in his sight the rest of the evening. SP vs Whitwell. We had 18 for 165 . One we should have been called for the side judge didn't throw. Our offensive tackle made a great tackle on a LB right in front of him. There is just to many comedy acts to tell.

Lets see how well we're paid $75 per game. At least 30 min drive to get to field, sometimes 1hr30min. but well say 30 min. Have to be there at least 1 hour before the game starts.Games last 2 1/2 hr to 3hr. 30 to 45 min to get dressed and let the crazys get out , Then 30 min drive home. Total 5 1/2 to 6 hours at LEAST, 7 to 7 1/2 most of the time. Oh by the way all this driving was done at $3 a gallon. so lets see acording to you we make 20 dollars an hour that would be 120 to 140. I DONT THINK SO!!

WHA WHA WHA!

Hey Wad if you don't want to do the job quit. If we wanted the job we would be out their. You do get paid correct? The job probably pays approx. $20.00 per hour? All I'm saying is your pretty well paid,but your not held accountable why? Its a very hard job and not many attaboys but you choose to do it, every job ive ever known of your employer holds you accountable but TSSAA. And im tired of hearing i dont do it for the money do you give your check back each week? I really appricate the Officials for the most part but when mistakes are made Officials need to be held accountable and their not.

20 an hour Yea Right. More like 8 to 10 when you factor in 30 to 60 min drive to get to the field. Must be there 1 1/2 hours before the game. 2 1/2 game (if you lucky) Have to hang around 30 to 45 after the game to let the crazies go home then drive 30 to 60 min home. Look I love being paid to be around football. And yes I want the job. What burns me up is when people like yourself say "I don't the job", But I am going to BASH you on something that I am unwilling or unable to do. Then get mad when someone fires back. In the words of Jack Nicholson " I would like it if you simply said thank you and went on your way, or may I suggest you pick up a whistle and stand on that field and put yourself on the line every play of a game. Either way it doesn't make a darn to me what someone who is unwilling to do this job thinks. Before you criticize someone on the job they do make sure you can do it better. Oh by the way TSSAA has stopped many officials from calling any more games. Thats being fired. How accountable is that.

Edited by wad

Before you criticize someone on the job they do make sure you can do it better.

The problem is simply this. We have way too many people who "think" they can do a good job. Either way. The referees are doing something that you aren't doing, so go take the test, attend the meetings, and pick up a flag of your own. No one has ever liked the person in charge...in football it is the referee. Don't mess up and they don't have to call anything.

;)

165 yards on 18 penalties ... that's 15-10 yard penalties and a Trio of 5 yard penalties. Gee. That is a lot of holding. ;)

Name one back-up what you say? And do you get drive time on your regular job? And I dont know about you, but twice that I have opened the dressing room for the Officials this year they were their about 20 minutes before game. And what is the rate for and average game you tell us? I understand 75.00 per game that last approx. 2 hrs. so given your travel time and usually the officials i see our one of the first out of their, what would that make the rate per hour in your eyes? Step up

Name one back-up what you say? And do you get drive time on your regular job? And I dont know about you, but twice that I have opened the dressing room for the Officials this year they were their about 20 minutes before game. And what is the rate for and average game you tell us? I understand 75.00 per game that last approx. 2 hrs. so given your travel time and usually the officials i see our one of the first out of their, what would that make the rate per hour in your eyes? Step up

Well since the rules say you must be on the field 30 min before the game to do the administrative meeting. maybe you should call the TSSAA and tell them your Officials are not there and it 20 min to kick off. Also with someone like you opening the dressing room for them no wonder the leave fast. Anyway it's simple get on the field or close it tight. If you scared say your scared. Oh when I do independent contracting I DO get payed from when when I leave the house to when I get home. When your GOOD you can do that.

Like most Officials you didnt answer any of the questions I asked, Im done with this now but your like most Officials you want to complain about how you are treated but you dont want to step-up when you mess up and apparantly most everything I asked, must have been right on, cause you couldnt answer.