William Blount At Sevier Co.

ddd5725

Gov man its your favorite church league baller. Luc is still waiting to see the doctor for an xray. He said that he will probably take his pads to SC though. Rick said that hopefully he can get in there Wed. He also said that when he went in, the doctor seemed very set on it being a 6 week injury.

As for Brian Wendel looks like he may not make it back even if we get to the next round. I like our chances against anyone with Wendel and Wall back and Crosby taking over full time DB again.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please SC does not have the best coaching. The way that WB has been playing is thanx to the coaches. i think that WB is going to kill them.

WB 35

SC 14

SC has 1 of the best coaching staffs in the state. and WB will not kill SC if their defense has somethin 2 say about. SCHS's Defense eats Wb up.

WB 7

SC 35

Home cooking and the officiating... I seem to remember WB getting a favorable late call in the Ooltewah game. Amazing how WB fans ###### and moan about the officiating at SC (which are the same refs. that they have for any game in knox county) but have no problem with the crews in Blount County that only work in Blount County.

WB better tighten up that pass defense.

So WB fans love the out of area refs in the playoffs... I know fans of WB that are still b*i*t*c*h*i*n*g* about the refs in the 2000 playoff game.

I'm unsure why all this WB hype. Other than Ooltw. who have they actually beat.

Heritage, McMinn, Bradley & Clarksville are terrible and Soddy is mediocre. WB got blasted by OR, Maryville and Farragut and lost by 11 at SC.

SC lost at Halls 24-14 and at home to DB 10-7. Victories over WB, South Doyle, Seymour, CCHS, Science Hill, Jeff Co, Karns and Bearden.

So WB has beat 1 5-A playoff team while SC has wins over 3 5-A playoff teams and 1 3-A.

WB has key injuries to starting QB and 3 year starter at center. Yes Brian Crosby has a big arm but isn't the running threat that Wall is.

Key factor WB is 2-7 in the playoffs with 2 losses at SC ('99 31-21 and '00 27-3). SC is 9-13 in the playoffs (9-10 under Brewer) (1-8 vs, OR) and 6-3 in home playoff games (also under Brewer)

When this game comes to head coaches I would say it is a wash. Both have 1 state title but when it comes to top assistants it is no contest. Tony Linginfelter and Ken Ratledge are miles beyond the best assistants that WB has. If the game comes down to coaching it is hard to out coach SC. OR is the boogie man for SC in the playoffs but they are 8-5 vs. everybody else. SC is healthy and has found a TB in the later half of the season.

Take the Bears

Man 5743 you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about . .. you will see how much tougher 2-5a is when they sweep region one . . . and the "only" team you are referring to, that wb beat . . . ooltewah , oh yea they just beat the team in OR that nobody wants to play,and have more talent in their backfield than any team in region 1 possesses on their whole team. granted sevier co. is well coached , the athletes are no where near what was seen week in week out in region 2 . . u can ask the players from wb,heritage,mcminn,soddy,oak ridge, farragut,bradley,ooltewah they'll all agree. when u say sevier co. beat jeff, co? which jeff co. SHOULD have won that game ,(jeff co. is way down. . . compare them to soddy daisy please, the 2 best recievers this side of nashville plus ricketts plzyed qb and rb) i and south doyle? give me a break, science hill, we'll have to see what the OR score will be. . . just look at the strength of schedule rankings einstein they tell you all you need to know . . . . and get that story straight b4 you start runnin that mouth

swingit :

Thanks for your pointless remarks.

I know more about both of these teams than you could ever fathom. Lets just say that I have had involvement in both programs and leave it at that. How do you explain the game in week zero??? Yes Walker and Osborne are talented but they aren't unstoppable unless you are Heritage or Bradley. No doubt the Oolw. win over OR was big but when you hear the details you realize it was more of a OR self destruct much like LSU vs UT Go ahead drink some grape cool-aid but don't be suprised if friday night's result matches week zero.

As for strength of schedule I don't buy it in the NCAA and certainly not in HS but if you a "believer" enjoy another cup. Ohh and by the way Aliens really did land at Roswell in '47 and unicorns really exist.

Please SC does not have the best coaching. The way that WB has been playing is thanx to the coaches. i think that WB is going to kill them.

WB 35

SC 14

When was the last time WB won a state champi... wait they havent! When was the last time Meadows won one at Alcoa? Sevier Co won it and has contended in a region that usually has superior tallent across the the LOS every week. They also play a very tough non-conference schedule, and before anybody says anything I know that WB also plays a very tough non-conference schedule, but my point is when Sevier Co. wins it can attributed to the fact that they were prepared for everything a team could possibly throw at them. How many books has anyone on the WB coaching staff had published? Because Coach Ratledge has had I think 6 and is working on another. :lol: