Notre Dame -Baylor- McCallie

bear cat brown

to redboy, First off each coach has so many dates and matches that they are able to wrestle. This means that they have a limited space as to whom they may wrestle. So logically they want to wrestle the D1 guys first and than with dates available fill in with other teams they can wrestle. This means that you cannot always wrestle someone because you need to wrestle those that are in your division first. Why would you want competition against those you do not have to beat to win state. You say its to beat the best to get better, but buddy you beat the best when you are in a tournament not always in a dual match, both make you better. So theres your logical answer. Also when your talking to legman about not having logic, buddy he has forgotten more about wrestling than you even know about the sport he has many rings he can show you for that. He does not have to retain logic when you have the results that he has. Let see Bradley does not schedule D2 teams but has how many state championships to show for it? Its like being a college team. Even though ex. okl state is the best not every team can wrestle them and there are plenty other wrestlers that get better thoughout the year that get better wrestling other teams. I mean with your logic why even wrestle tenn teams why not drive a little and wrestle georgia, florida, and virginia teams those states might have better wrestling than we do? later cobra

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redboy,

I will give you the answer...They are running scared from ALL DII teams, not just Baylor and McCallie. They have a chance to come to a great tourney at Father Ryan in January and declinde to goto Chatt Central. WOW, how tough can it be to place at Central.

THERE IS AN OLD SAYING MR HUBBUCH THAT I THINK APPLIES TO YOU AND IT GOES LIKE THIS:

" IT IS BETTER TO APPEAR IGNORANT IN SILENCE THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT "

RUNNING FROM ALL DII SCHOOLS? WHAT PART OF THE STATEMENT ND IS WRESTLING MCCALLIE, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND

AS A MATTER OF FACT THEY ARE WRESTLING MY BLUE THE SAME NIGHT AS THEY WRESTLE SODDY DAISEY. THIS MIGHT BE A LITTLE TOUGHER THAN JUST WRESTLING THE BAYLOR SCHOOL FOR BOYS AND GIRLS IN 1 NIGHT, WHAT DO YOU THINK??

AS FAR AS THE FATHER RYAN TOURNAMENT ,THEY ARE IN THE BRENTWOOD TOURNAMENT WHICH FEATURES SEVERAL STROOOOONG TEAMS.

SO DO US A FAVOR MR HUBBUCH , LET US HAVE A LITTLE DOUBT ABOUT YOUR INTELLIGENCE

MR BEAR CAT BROWN

CAN I GET AN AMEN HARRY THORTON

AS A MATTER OF FACT THEY ARE WRESTLING MY BLUE THE SAME NIGHT AS THEY WRESTLE SODDY DAISEY.

You sure about that? The Notre Dame schedule shows a dual meet against Soddy Daisy on January 20, and the McCallie schedule shows a dual meet against Soddy Daisy on January 20, but neither the Notre Dame schedule nor the McCallie schedule shows a dual meet against each other on that date or on any other date during the season.

THERE IS AN OLD SAYING MR HUBBUCH THAT I THINK APPLIES TO YOU AND IT GOES LIKE THIS:

" IT IS BETTER TO APPEAR IGNORANT IN SILENCE THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT "

RUNNING FROM ALL DII SCHOOLS? WHAT PART OF THE STATEMENT ND IS WRESTLING MCCALLIE, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND

AS A MATTER OF FACT THEY ARE WRESTLING MY BLUE THE SAME NIGHT AS THEY WRESTLE SODDY DAISEY. THIS MIGHT BE A LITTLE TOUGHER THAN JUST WRESTLING THE BAYLOR SCHOOL FOR BOYS AND GIRLS IN 1 NIGHT, WHAT DO YOU THINK??

AS FAR AS THE FATHER RYAN TOURNAMENT ,THEY ARE IN THE BRENTWOOD TOURNAMENT WHICH FEATURES SEVERAL STROOOOONG TEAMS.

SO DO US A FAVOR MR HUBBUCH , LET US HAVE A LITTLE DOUBT ABOUT YOUR INTELLIGENCE

MR BEAR CAT BROWN

CAN I GET AN AMEN HARRY THORTON

A-FRIGGIN'-MEN. Tell it all Bearcat. The "Green Grapplers" aren't running from anybody. Nobody hates the lack of a Baylor and/or a McCallie on the ND schedule more than the Irish wrestlers and their faithful followers. (Seems like last year's ND vs Mc match was fairly close). Hopefully next year's ND schedule will resume the Green vs Blue vs Red "TRADITION"al dual matches. It's a big part of what makes Chattanooga rasslin' #1

AS A MATTER OF FACT THEY ARE WRESTLING MY BLUE THE SAME NIGHT AS THEY WRESTLE SODDY DAISEY.

You sure about that? The Notre Dame schedule shows a dual meet against Soddy Daisy on January 20, and the McCallie schedule shows a dual meet against Soddy Daisy on January 20, but neither the Notre Dame schedule nor the McCallie schedule shows a dual meet against each other on that date or on any other date during the season.

yes sir mr whiskey. was informed by a friend of mine that indeed, the match will take place. Double top secrect match, don't want the red legging boys upset with either one of us. Might be a tough night for the Irish, Soddy perhaps the best team in DI and the big blue always a top choice for DII. Maybe now Coach Mullins can sleep at night knowing that Mr hubbuck is a happy boy

BCB

yes sir mr whiskey. was informed by a friend of mine that indeed, the match will take place. Double top secrect match, don't want the red legging boys upset with either one of us. Might be a tough night for the Irish, Soddy perhaps the best team in DI and the big blue always a top choice for DII. Maybe now Coach Mullins can sleep at night knowing that Mr hubbuck is a happy boy

BCB

Is there a chance that Notre Dame will start the Sunday afternoon matches with Father Ryan again? Why did Notre Dame drop out of the long running series? From a fan perspective it was well attended when being held in Nashville.

All these people who think a team is running from someone just because they dont wrestle some other team need to realize that most of these coaches have one goal in mind. To have there team as strong as they can by the end of the year.They also know whats best for thier program. Coach Mullins is a proven commodity that knows what he is doing and knows how to prepare his team and included in that is scheduling. Those who criticise dont know what his team needs like he does. His wrestlers have not shown a fear of any other teams in the past that I know of. They go hard no matter who they face. Lets give Notre Dame a break on this. They still will see a great deal of tough competion in their D1 schedule.

Edited by Brickhousechick

Notre Dame is one of the best things that ever happened to my kid who graduated last year after lettering 4 years in wrestling. It is a privilege and an honor for a student to attend that wonderful institution…it did a lot for this dad too. It rubs off.

As non-Catholics, we paid more than Catholic kids supported by their parish. Today, this practice still holds true, and, well it should. So please rest assured, ND still helps Catholic kids realize the benefit of a great education. Just check their website and see for your self.

I also want to say that Coach Mullin is one of the finest human beings I’ve ever known. He made good wrestlers out of our kids – fine gentlemen too. More importantly, he instilled character and integrity into his wrestlers and students that will serve them for the rest of their life. Even the kid that criticized him will realize that some day once he matures.

I’ve always thought his program is the most underrated in the state. The top AP 15 over the last four years! Accomplishments too numerous to mention. Now, for anyone to say ND is avoiding a certain team is just plain silly. For anyone to say their program is declining is absurd.

It’s true; wrestling great competition makes you better. We can still meet great competition without wrestling Baylor, and will. Just look at our schedule before you begin your criticism. It’s not for weak sisters.

Finally, wait for the season end. Then tell me ND is not great!

OK, Harry, let me hear your sincerest AMEN.

to redboy, First off each coach has so many dates and matches that they are able to wrestle. This means that they have a limited space as to whom they may wrestle. So logically they want to wrestle the D1 guys first and than with dates available fill in with other teams they can wrestle. This means that you cannot always wrestle someone because you need to wrestle those that are in your division first. Why would you want competition against those you do not have to beat to win state. You say its to beat the best to get better, but buddy you beat the best when you are in a tournament not always in a dual match, both make you better. So theres your logical answer. Also when your talking to legman about not having logic, buddy he has forgotten more about wrestling than you even know about the sport he has many rings he can show you for that. He does not have to retain logic when you have the results that he has. Let see Bradley does not schedule D2 teams but has how many state championships to show for it? Its like being a college team. Even though ex. okl state is the best not every team can wrestle them and there are plenty other wrestlers that get better thoughout the year that get better wrestling other teams. I mean with your logic why even wrestle tenn teams why not drive a little and wrestle georgia, florida, and virginia teams those states might have better wrestling than we do? later cobra

He is defending Notre Dame because he did the exact same thing. Bradley had great teams, but they only competed in there compfortable division, where they knew they could win. And if you want to bring Okla. State into the picture. They wrestle many teams outside of their division. Lehigh, Iowa, Iowa State, etc. And the Red team does drive to wrestle the best teams in GA, AL, and even LA. Bradley goes to the Virginia Duals every year. Seems to me that your theory doesn't have much support. I can keep going.

Redboy,

Ironic that you speak of a theory not having support.

You first paint Bradley as cowards who "only competed in their comfortable division where they knew they could win".

Then, 2 sentences later, you point out that "Bradley goes to the VA duals every year", which as you know, we never won, yet keep going back. How does this qualify as "only competing in our comfortable division". I'm not sure that the teams we wrestled from New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, etc., etc, were in our comfortable division.

which is it...?

He is defending Notre Dame because he did the exact same thing. Bradley had great teams, but they only competed in there compfortable division, where they knew they could win. And if you want to bring Okla. State into the picture. They wrestle many teams outside of their division. Lehigh, Iowa, Iowa State, etc. And the Red team does drive to wrestle the best teams in GA, AL, and even LA. Bradley goes to the Virginia Duals every year. Seems to me that your theory doesn't have much support. I can keep going.

MR BOY 04

I THINK PEOPLE FEEL THAT ND LEFT DII FOR ATHLETIC REASONS. FROM WHAT I I KNOW IT WAS A FINACIAL REASON ONLY. THEY DECIDED THAT THAT THEY COULD NO LONGER GIVE THE FIANCIAL AID TO STUDENTS STRICKLY FOR THEIR ATHETIC ABILITY. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE && amount was but, they were losing a great deal of money each year. ND IS NOT IN THE SAME POSITION AS OUR TWO SCHOOLS; NO TURNER,LUPTON GUERRY,GEISMER MONEY IS SITTING IN THE BANK. HOW MANY BOARDERS DOES ND & BRADLEY PULL FROM EACH YEAR TO HELP THEIR WRESTLING PROGRAM? LETS SEE RED LEGGINGS HAVE BELL,HUESSIN,HAYES,MCSTILL AND I'M SURE MANY MORE TO FILL THEIR ROOM,LIKE WE DO. PLAYING FIELDS AREN'T EXACTLY EVEN. SO LET'S GIVE THEM ND A BREAK ABOUT THEIR SCHEDULE AND GIVE BRADLEY SOME SLACK TOO.

THANKS MR REDBOY 04

BEAR CAT BROWN

AMEN HARRY THORNTON