next season

mjuhb

Sometimes its better to play the aaa teams, because in some districts the a/aa teams are all the private schools with all the recuited players....take your pick. :thumb:

yea i know wat your saying...i am from a small school and we are in a district and region with both grace and knox catholic...so we really never have the opprotunity to do anyhting of any substance to represent our school!! we play hard but when our team has about 5 players of any substance and were playing teams with 11 solid players theres nothing we can do!! so all i have to say is that it really stinks!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i know wat your saying...i am from a small school and we are in a district and region with both grace and knox catholic...so we really never have the opprotunity to do anyhting of any substance to represent our school!! we play hard but when our team has about 5 players of any substance and were playing teams with 11 solid players theres nothing we can do!! so all i have to say is that it really stinks!!

I totally know how you feel.....its tough. Keep up the spirit and work hard you never know what will happen.... :ph34r:

As for "recruited players"....what are the schools that "recruit"...about 8 to 10 teams? I don't remember the total DII classification, but most of the alphabets (CCS, FRA, ND, KC, etc. are all DI....no recruiting). As I see it many of those AAA schools have a VERY LARGE pool of students to pick from...and if kids transfer from those schoold to a private school they are prohibited from competing for a year....a very long time for any kid in high school. Shouldn't this be a new thread of discussion...or perhaps a new "old" thread???

Most of these kids come in before their Freshman year. Sorry I hit a hot spot with you......your not telling me that all these small private schools just happen to have 11 or more great soccer players, I dont believe it....and if you want to start a new thread...go for it :ph34r:

Most of these kids come in before their Freshman year. Sorry I hit a hot spot with you......your not telling me that all these small private schools just happen to have 11 or more great soccer players, I dont believe it....and if you want to start a new thread...go for it :lol:

I think that 7 of the 11 starters for FRA were travel players? and yeah ai think all the starters are great....super bunch of ladies So many of these keids give up other sports to play soccer at this level...other kids choose to play many sports...should kids who focus on one sport year round ( i.e. travel baseball) be excluded from competing for a school championship?...perhaps its a hot spot because I have a relative who was big with TSSAA and has been in the public school arena for many years (coach, principal, athletic director, teacher, etc.) He thinks the public school and private schools playing each other is fine and doesn't really see a need for a multiplier unless a school i gender specific...this would throw off the student/athlete ratio! I trust his judgement on this after over 25 years of involvement with public school athletics (at big and large schools...it just so happens he attended a private school in hgih school)

What about open zoned public schools?

What about "open zone" with "school vouchers"? Parents use open market to choose the school that best fits their childs needs. If a parent wants their child at a school that has a great soccer program and a good education, then let the free market prevail. Priviate and public schools will have to compete for customers, no more children given an inadequate education because they happen to live in a poor community .

Florida has what I presume is "open zoning"...you can move to any school with no athletic penatly...I'm not sure what the relocation requirements might be. I know many of the coaches in TN fear anything that opens up transfers for the kids. I think it should be about the kids...not necessarily the coaches...and more than once I've seen a kid get sideways with a coach and be locked into a bad situation for high school (and face it, that is the end of competitive athletics for most)...I think offering any kid a one time school change "no questions" would be possible solution. Then we get away from the "relocatiion', "appeal", etc. issues.

Don't get me started on vouchers...that is a whole political issue...and I feel plenty of pain paying taxes and private school tuition...I'd love vouchers, but don't expect it...ever

Edited by flashgordon

I think you would have to Open Zone all schools (constitutional issue)...in fact there are a couple of cases in court to overturn the "multiplier" in the states that have them and there is reason to believe that it will be over-turned. This probably circles back to the BA vs TSSAA issues and if the TSSAA is a "state" institution....but I prefer to see it easier for kids to move school rather than harder...it should be up to the school to keep their customers just like the private industry must offer a product to keep theirs!!

• 1 month later...

AAA

1 siegal

2 brentwood

3 centennial

4 shelbyville

5 oak ridge

6 hendersonville

7 collierville

8 franklin

9 science hill

10 houston

11 bearden

12 greenville

13 tullahoma

14 white station

15 mcminn co

16 cookville

17 beech

18 ooltewah

19 farragut

20 soddy-daisy

21 dobyns-bennett

22 clarksville

23 independence

24 cordova

25 knox west

AA/A

1 fra

2 ccs

3 notre dame

4 knox catholic

5 hume-fogg

6 chuckey-doak

7 columbia a

8 mcnairy co

9 madison a

10 grace

11 liberty

12 cpa

13 usj

14 white house

15 station camp

16 dca

17 david lipscomb

18 cak

19 fairview

20 hixson

D2

1 st agnes

2 gps

3 bga

4 jp2

5 baylor

6 father ryan

7 ecs

8 hutchison

overall

1 siegal

2 brentwood

3 centennial

4 st agnes

5 gps

6 fra

7 ccs

8 shelbyville

9 oak ridge

10 hendersonville

11 bga

12 jp2

13 baylor

14 father ryan

15 ecs

16 notre dame

17 collierville

18 franklin

19 science hill

20 houston

21 knox catholic

22 bearden

23 greenville

24 tullahoma

25 hume-fogg

thats for 06 because the thread that i did have got deleted

As for "recruited players"....what are the schools that "recruit"...about 8 to 10 teams? I don't remember the total DII classification, but most of the alphabets (CCS, FRA, ND, KC, etc. are all DI....no recruiting). As I see it many of those AAA schools have a VERY LARGE pool of students to pick from...and if kids transfer from those schoold to a private school they are prohibited from competing for a year....a very long time for any kid in high school. Shouldn't this be a new thread of discussion...or perhaps a new "old" thread???

FRA is/was recruited by parents affiliated with the Harpeth Futbol Club. They're

strong enough now that they are attracting players from other clubs........plus

they have a very good coach.