next season

mjuhb

So even though Siegel was in the state semi-finals, and tied with Collierville for 70 minutes they got ran over on the big stage? interesting thought...or stupid.

Siegel had chances to go up in that game just like Collierville did for the first 70 minutes. Read article in DNJ and you will see why Collierville scored on that first goal. Siegel coach took blame for it. After that score with 10 minutes left Siegel wilted and couldn't muster anything last 10 minutes.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you will look at the date of the post you quoted it was from Feb. '06. So it was in reference to the season that just finished, not next season.

Don't read too much into that Collierville score. The game was much closer than the final score.

I've seen similar other comments regarding the game. Not sure what game you and others were watching, but Collierville pressured Siegel most of the game. Siegel is a good team. Anna Grace Gerhart (#24) is no doubt an awesome weapon at the set play and Kirby Towry (#6) is a tenacious player (and just a freshman). But, they also had some luck play in their favor. Had Collierville been able to better finish a few of their shots on goal the score would have been worse.

But, all that is history. Congratulations to Bearden for being the 2006 State Champs. They earned it.

So even though Siegel was in the state semi-finals, and tied with Collierville for 70 minutes they got ran over on the big stage? interesting thought...or stupid.

Siegel had chances to go up in that game just like Collierville did for the first 70 minutes. Read article in DNJ and you will see why Collierville scored on that first goal. Siegel coach took blame for it. After that score with 10 minutes left Siegel wilted and couldn't muster anything last 10 minutes.

it doesnt matter who had the most opportunities or shots on goal or which team played the best...face it-all the matters in the end is the score and colllierville (in that respect) killed siegel

Actually, looking at the stats of the Collierville-Siegel game, Collierville took it to them more than the score indicated.

Two years in a row Siegel gets to the big stage and gets run over.

Hmm...run over. Let's see, they made it to the semifinals and hung well with an excellent collierville team. I can appreciate the comment that with the score being 3-0 it makes it seem that collierville killed them. But the defense is what kept them in this game. The offense was a no show for most of the entire game. Which normally always shows up. So, with a better rested/ or in shape team I strongly believe Siegel comes out the victors. But regarding your comment of getting run over, I think the only team that got run over this week was Riverdale who lost 6-2. That's being run over.

I've seen similar other comments regarding the game. Not sure what game you and others were watching, but Collierville pressured Siegel most of the game. Siegel is a good team. Anna Grace Gerhart (#24) is no doubt an awesome weapon at the set play and Kirby Towry (#6) is a tenacious player (and just a freshman). But, they also had some luck play in their favor. Had Collierville been able to better finish a few of their shots on goal the score would have been worse.

But, all that is history. Congratulations to Bearden for being the 2006 State Champs. They earned it.

I'll echo that thought. Congrats to Bearden.

And I had an excellent seat for the Siegel-Collierville game. That game will bug me for the next couple of months.

AAA brentwood

they get katie lowder, katie putnam and 2 other starters they didn't have will be back plus brentwood has 5 u-14 teams so them and ravenwood should atleast get a couple of good players

collierville and houston will get to state hendersonville already has region 5 won

i expect that ravenwood, franklin and independence will have contenders also

in east tennessee who ever is playing the best will get in has always

region 4 has to many ?'s

AA/A notre dame, fra or cak

D2 bga, baylor, or brentwood academy

Speculation is great as no one can predict a maturity rate, injuries nor team chemistry regarding the outlook for next year, specifically AAA. I agree with those that seem to think that the usual suspects will be there again. District 11AAA will be tough as usual. Franklin, Centennial and Brentwood will fight it out again with Independence possibly being stronger. As noted on an earlier reply, Franklin only loses 2 senior starters and has 10-14 freshman to be sophmores next year with 4 freshman starting this year. Should make for an interesting season again. Look forward to it.

Centennial will enjoy being the underdog. Yes they are losing 4 starters. 4 very strong starters but they are gaining lots of speed and aggressiveness. I for one think they will again be bigger contenders than what folks tend to give them credit.

B'wood will as usual be very strong. All of the girls that are playing JV and Varsity over there have lots of history extending back through middle school and they will be a tough team to tangle with.

Franklin very strong losing only 2.

Ravenwood has had a taste and will want to go back.

As usual this district will be a tough fight and any one of these teams will be impressive to watch.

I would like to read the article you menitoned. What is DNJ? Is there a website?

Just to comment on the match. There was no way that Siegel was "run over". The match was close. I agree that after the first goal there seemed to be somewhat of a let down on the part of Siegel. ( could be wrong, just what it looked like) The two goals that were scored after the first, we balls boucning in the box that got tapped in. ( most soccer observers would say "unlucky") The 3-0 score does not reflect the quality of the match. I do believe that Collierville was the better team. ( at least on that day) #1 for Siegel is a very good player in the midfield but just couldn't get things moving because of the #18 for Collierville.

Again, to say that Siegel was run over, is a big overstatement.

I would like to read the article you menitoned. What is DNJ? Is there a website?

Just to comment on the match. There was no way that Siegel was "run over". The match was close. I agree that after the first goal there seemed to be somewhat of a let down on the part of Siegel. ( could be wrong, just what it looked like) The two goals that were scored after the first, we balls boucning in the box that got tapped in. ( most soccer observers would say "unlucky") The 3-0 score does not reflect the quality of the match. I do believe that Collierville was the better team. ( at least on that day) #1 for Siegel is a very good player in the midfield but just couldn't get things moving because of the #18 for Collierville.

Again, to say that Siegel was run over, is a big overstatement.

DNJ-Daily News Journal

sometimes the goals scored is the most mis-leading statistic in soccer. Obviously, it is the most important statistic, though.

Shots are often a pretty good indication of how the game was played. Last year Siegel got out-shot 16-4 in their loss to Houston. This year, Siegel got out-shot 15-2 in their loss to Collierville. These figures are from the tssaa.org site. This was my basis for the comment earlier.