Cheatham County at Liberty Magnet

titanman

Surprised we haven't seen a thread on this game. I know Liberty is a relatively new school and I know nothing about them. Cheatham has very good defense and a grind in out offense.

What about Liberty? Catfish - you probably know more than most on this subject. What do you think?

My guess is we see you guys again next week in Nashville.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Thanks for picking the Cubs titanman. I'll start out by saying Liberty is an awfully good football team. Their losses came to Lexington & Huntingdon (who are a combined 19-1 this year). They gave away a game against Henry Co. They are playing their best ball of the year right now I think because they beat South Side rather easily and cruised past North Side and Bolivar (who they should have beaten easily).

The nose guard that fan91 referred to is simply a beast to block up front. They have a running back named Howard who'll be a chore for the Cubs defense to stop. Cheatham saw several great backs during the regular season in Edgmon (Giles Co.), Elrod (Lipscomb), Vaughn & Steverson (Creek Wood), Lyle (Mont. Cent.), and just this past Friday night McMurray (Page). Howard is just as good, if not better, than any of those guys and it will be another challenge for the Cubs defensively.

I think fan91 hit something when he talked about a lineman because I have no doubts that this is going to be a four quarter contest and the winner will be the team that wins the battle in the trenches. Both of these teams rely heavily on their running games so where else could the game be won????

The winner will go to David Lipscomb next week and I for one HOPE that it will be the Cheatham Co. Cubs who win this Friday night. It should be one of those first round classics folks :)

Guest catfish-hunter

Liberty takes this one.

Tell me you are only posting on this thread to stay ahead of timbdp in the postings race. Have you even seen either of these teams play this year????

Guest catfish-hunter

Liberty won their final five games and outscored the opposition 195-37 in those five wins. Jackson South Side, who with a 8-point win vs Fayette Ware got into the playoffs, was the only playoff team the Crusaders beat during that span. As I said in an earlier post Henry Co. beat Liberty 10-7 in a game that Liberty pretty much gave away to Henry Co. Liberty's other two losses were against Huntingdon and Lexington, who are a combined 19-1. Liberty lost all of those games during a rough 2-3 start but after five straight wins and an upcoming home playoff game that start seems like a distant memory now. This will be the school's first ever home playoff game and I imagine that it will be a packed house on Friday night.

The Cubs have got to find a way to contain #6 and when they have the ball they must get a hat on both #27 and #42. This might be the best overall first round matchup in all of the Class 3A playoff games and I'm proud to say that I'll get to be there to see it :thumb: