Oneida

killtacular

I think Oneida will be a very tough team last year they made it very far and they only had 1 senior, she wasnt the best on the team either. I think they will make a good for it all they have a lot of young players. Makenzie Welch and Katie Sexton I think are the only 2 seniors this year to. (correct me if im wrong) They have a lot of depth at guard and they have 3 or 4 good posts also.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the fans believe the Lady Indians are growing horns this year. :D Still, the teams in the district are all good, solid ball clubs, so they aren't likely to go softly in the night. It will surprise me :P if the girls don't prove to be quite successful this season. They seem to have come out of conditioning in pretty good shape and they might take a couple of weeks to warm-up their shot since a few of them just finished soccer. All in all though, expectations for this team are for the girls to do quite well this season. Mess with the bull, you get the horns. :P

:D Kaz :D

Actually, I think that one or two of the teams that you mentioned will surge to the top early. I don't think anyone has a line-up that will win every district game, but if they do, then getting to the state tournament should be in that teams future. The conference is just too strong for any of the teams to take a night off and not suffer for it. I will go out on the limb and say that C-town, Oz, and Oneida have the best chance to win the district because of the quality of players they do have returning. However, Wartburg (good coach), Oakdale (return solid line-up), and Sunbright (competative kids return) all have good enough line-ups to catch those teams when they are "napping".

B) Kaz B)

Phillips, Jr. Fortunately they do not have to rely on her to have a great offensive night in order to be successful. They have at least 5, maybe 6 legitimate scorers. Phillips had an excellent trip to last years state tournament, I'm sure they all want the opportunity to go back. You know, make a bigger splash. It is quite possible this years unit is better than last year, in fact, I'm counting on it!

:thumb: Kaz :blink:

I agree all the way with Kaz on this one. I think that oneida will go back and go further into the tournament maybe not win it all but i think they'll atleast do better than last year. Phillips, Bond , Sexton , Welch , Lay , Chambers , Terry , and Sexton (if she plays).....will be a very tough team to deal with. They also have a good group of freshman coming in. Although many of the freshman quit they still have 3 or 4 that are descent but i dont see them playing much if any on the varsity team this year. :thumb: